🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿England v Senegal🇸🇳 7PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who said it was special? You need to worry about your own ageing team to be honest.
I just stated an opinion. Why are you so defensive? I was rooting for England. I will do it against France too.
Our squad isn’t ageing. It has couple of older players, but new talents are coming. Not worried.

I just stated an opinion. Why are you so defensive? I was rooting for England. I will do it against France too.
Our squad isn’t ageing. It has couple of older players, but new talents are coming. Not worried.

Well you said there was nothing special about something I never said was special in the first place. It was a solid win and a good performance against a team we should be beating. Mane is the only player Senegal have that could get into our team and we would have beaten them with him. He would have given them more attacking threat with his pace but wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Plus every team is missing players. You could easily say that James, Chilwell and Sterling were missing from England's team.

Who said it was special? You need to worry about your own ageing team to be honest.

If we beat France on Saturday, a lot of people will be saying France bottled it or didn't turn up blah blah, rather than give England credit. It's so cringeworthy. It really seems to hurt a lot of people to see England doing well in tournament football.

They can’t handle that we’re good now. Haven’t accepted it.

EN G(!!!!) LAND!
Embarrassed Shame GIF

The home of football! Football not soccer!

World Cup Fans GIF by nss sports

Southgate is doing a great job again. Where once England would wilt in these games they now just win professionally. Not sure they'll win the whole lot but there are good, positive signs.

Brazil England final it is then!

:sonhmm:

Last edited:
KDB is a stroppy little git on the quiet...... As he showed when he took a swipe at his Belgian team mates a week or two so ago.

Whether you, I, KDB or the nextman wants to say it's meaningless; the fact remains at the very least there are coefficient/ranking places at play which play into tournament qualification draws.
Belgium's rankings shouldn't be too badly affected. They may even still be second after the WC. FIFA now use a chess style system of nations swapping points when they play each other.

Belgium's rankings shouldn't be too badly affected. They may even still be second after the WC. FIFA now use a chess style system of nations swapping points when they play each other.

Can't recall Belgium's NL exploits (or Euros for that matter), but we've just come through a group containing Italy & Germany which on the above basis would presumably be significant.

Can't recall Belgium's NL exploits (or Euros for that matter), but we've just come through a group containing Italy & Germany which on the above basis would presumably be significant.
Yes, losing or winning against sides which are around you in the rankings garners very few points exchanged (i.e won and lost), especially in NL. Hungary would have damaged our ranking points a bit because they are not around us but the current rankings takes into account NL.

Last edited:
It just amuses me; simple as.....

I also on occasion call Conte "Tony" and Poch "Morris" too.

Look; stick to the debate or call it a day.... The rest of this is just petty.
no you're twisting.

You've stated you called them that because it's a foreign version of the same name and you've not done it much anyway.

You continuously labelling Southgate as "Gary" in near enough every post isn't the same thing at all.

KDB is a stroppy little git on the quiet...... As he showed when he took a swipe at his Belgian team mates a week or two so ago.

Whether you, I, KDB or the nextman wants to say it's meaningless; the fact remains at the very least there are coefficient/ranking places at play which play into tournament qualification draws.
Oh yes the coefficient....can't disprespect them. Glorified freindlies, KDB is correct whatever his stroppy level is.

Back
Top Bottom