Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's respecting the fans ... he's digging the players out (finally) for not showing passion for the shirt.

Well said, I say. Hopefully it lights a fire under their arses ... but I doubt it.

Knowing Levy, he'll probably sack Conte for this.
It won't! They need to be replaced, i think they have shown that these last 5 years.

For those of you who‘ve finally accepted there’s still a lot of players that need to go, and the ‘rebuild’ is far from over, I hope you still feel like this come Monday morning, or next Saturday, or by the next game.

Usually give it a few days and like clockwork some begin to fall in love with the same usual suspects again (classic shouts of ‘the manager picks him every week, [insert name here] must be good!’ come to mind), while others look at the table and lie to themselves thinking ‘this squad is actually good, I was just overreacting’ and the cycle repeats after the next bad result. I mean ffs there’s still active debate in this fanbase as to whether Dier is good, it’s insane to me how forgiving our fans are.

Conte has made many mistakes but does anyone really believe anything will improve next season, regardless of who gets the job next? If you do, respectfully, you’re lost. I fully expect us to be right back here having these same convos in either the second half of 23/24 or the first half of 24/25 bc the people who are truly the reason why this club is a joke aren’t going to sack themselves, nor will they want to sell those usual suspects dragging us down bc those in charge would much rather keep a shit player around and hope for the best than sell at a loss.

We've got at best a Europa League level squad which has been propped up for years by Son & Kane being two elite forwards. In 19/20 and 20/21 we finished 7th & 6th. One season inside the top 4 due to a big old dose of new manager bounce doesn't show the level of the squad, they showed this season they aren't CL level and we will finish 6th or 7th this season too.

Oh and who of the players we've shipped out have actually gone on to be good elsewhere? Lo Celso maybe? Is that it? Sanchez will be the same, nobody will want him.
Dont you think conte has been culpable not providing a supply line to Son and Kane? Midfield flair and creativity has been non existent. Son looks jaded under conte tactics and has made him more passive. Persistently playing dier as well. Should have been sold after that calamity mistake home to liverpool. Think levy has given him everything he wanted 1. 150m last summer, Porro in January, pop home to italy to sort out affairs. I'm not levy's biggest fan but just think conte has ready made excuses.

Yeh, no support for the manager evident there.......

Apparently Porro has tweeted too.

..............Anyone shown solidarity with the manager?

Those two are the ONLY players in our whole squad who have messaged about disappointment in todays game.

Not Son, not Kane, not Dier....

That should tell you all you need to know.

Please don't use our plight to excuse Ndombele for being the lazy dosser than he is. The bloke's attitude is offensively bad.
I'm not excusing his attitude but he's still going to have more silverware than Harry Kane. Last 2 years it was him, Lo Celso and Winks that got the stick. All gone and yet it continues There is something wrong here that goes beyond individual players. We've been hearing about players rotten attitudes for years and yet most of them have changed, managers have changed. It speaks of a much deeper problem.

He's respecting the fans ... he's digging the players out (finally) for not showing passion for the shirt.

Well said, I say. Hopefully it lights a fire under their arses ... but I doubt it.

Knowing Levy, he'll probably sack Conte for this.
Of course he will be sacked, and rightly so. The situation would be unbareable going forward.

But i really respect him for telling the truth, good on you Antonio!

One of the things I hate about watching Tottenham play, and I’ve observed this for the last 20 years, is how ponderous the Tottenham game is. It doesn’t matter who the manager is. The game slows down, the players think too much about whether their moves will be acceptable or not. There always seem to be backstories, or talk of tradition, this record holder or that. There are players you just can’t drop etc.

Nah, you're getting massively carried away here..........

I suppose all clubs have these elements but Spurs have more.

What Conte is talking about is the club needs operate on meritocracy. You can’t play games to please players. Conte is right, the only consistency about Spurs have been the players. Conte just needs to be brutal with them from Kane and Son down to the academy players. Drop them if they don’t perform, and bring in ones who will.

Conte's been a BIG part of the lack of that this season.

I think you're right in the grand scheme of things.

It's sad that it has come to this but it's what the club truly needs. It needs a hard reset and a massive clear out with a manager who wants to come in, implement his ideas onto the club and players who have what it takes to do so.

If we get a footballing manager in, who understands the club and wants to honor it's traditions and history, then that means goodbye to those who simply can't cut it in that format. Might mean we get rid of 10/15 players in the summer but Levy needs to suck that up tbh and get on with it.

Promote some of the best talent in the academy because their hunger and desire is valuable in itself. And then use the likes of Skipp, Romero, Sarr, Porro, Udogie etc. as a platform to build on with high energy football. Scoop up some of the good footballing talent in the Premier League to use as a base for the future, so go and get the likes of Maddison, Kilman, Raya etc. in who can actually play a bit and are all HG and know the league and move forward.
I don’t see the point of employing a manager until Levy resigns as CEO of the FC. Nothing will change, I mean it may do slightly (marginally better or worse) but we will never compete. He has to stand down and employ a CEO now and either sell his stake or take a passive role like Lewis

Surely even his family, friends and advisors are taking the piss out of him for overseeing another car crash, or does the mental midget live in an echo chamber

There's selfishness of a striker, like when he took the shot instead of passing on that counter attack, and there's using your unique status to pull rank when you're the worst free kick taker in the leauge, knowing that others can't oppose you.

Some of the players clearly don't like it, Kulu has spoken about it, Porro has tried to compete for the free kick as has Dier. Kane just pulls rank and no one can say anything.

We need a manager with a set of balls who very firmly tells Kane, under no circumstances does he go near a free kick. It’s infuriating that we waste so many opportunities because he refuses to give them up

giphy.gif

Alan Sugar's a grade A twat.

He's right in that we've gotten used to failure. For me, the blame doesn't just lie with Levy. We need a clearout. Dier, Davies, Sanchez, Kane, Son, Lloris all need to go. Only Son and Kane are good enough but they've got the stink of loser on them.

Kane isn't a low effort/quality, inconsistent player but he is selfish, very selfish. For me the free kick situation has become a window into what kind of person he is.

We need the energy that Romero, Porro, Skipp and others bring to the team.
Dier davies sanchez are all club assets that have been here for yonks. Its not like they have been hidden under the radar. Theyve been through world class managers who have managed the best players in the world and yet they have stayed here through each one of them. How can you blame the manager for that? Are we really supposed to believe the mourinhos and the Contes of world really see guys like sanchez and dier as PL winning defenders? At what point does the ownership take responsibility of the amount of deadwood at the club that they refuse to move on at a loss? How many players do we have out on loan? Why the fuck is winks still at the club?

A purely cynical move by Wiggy to get released from his contract early. Gone tomorrow I shouldn’t wonder. I’d love to dig though some of the old posts from posters that said Wiggy loved the club. Comedy gold.

Anyone who thinks that Wiggy cares more about Spurs than Eric Dier should be buying a bridge in Brooklyn.

While he may not have gotten his own way entirely with signings — pretty much confirmed that Spence and Danjuma were ‘club signings’ — then signing Perisic and Richarlison are enough to blot his own copybook.

Good riddance to his turgid football.

Back
Top Bottom