Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's right in that we've gotten used to failure. For me, the blame doesn't just lie with Levy. We need a clearout. Dier, Davies, Sanchez, Kane, Son, Lloris all need to go. Only Son and Kane are good enough but they've got the stink of loser on them.

Kane isn't a low effort/quality, inconsistent player but he is selfish, very selfish. For me the free kick situation has become a window into what kind of person he is.

We need the energy that Romero, Porro, Skipp and others bring to the team.
Kane is no doubt somewhat selfish but true great strikers tend to be.

It says more about the culture at the club, lack of other leaders willing to compete. Look at how Man City players fight over who's taking a penalty.

(Sorry to bring up that fraudulent club but it's a real example).

He's right in that we've gotten used to failure. For me, the blame doesn't just lie with Levy. We need a clearout. Dier, Davies, Sanchez, Kane, Son, Lloris all need to go. Only Son and Kane are good enough but they've got the stink of loser on them.

Kane isn't a low effort/quality, inconsistent player but he is selfish, very selfish. For me the free kick situation has become a window into what kind of person he is.

We need the energy that Romero, Porro, Skipp and others bring to the team.

I think you're right in the grand scheme of things.

It's sad that it has come to this but it's what the club truly needs. It needs a hard reset and a massive clear out with a manager who wants to come in, implement his ideas onto the club and players who have what it takes to do so.

If we get a footballing manager in, who understands the club and wants to honor it's traditions and history, then that means goodbye to those who simply can't cut it in that format. Might mean we get rid of 10/15 players in the summer but Levy needs to suck that up tbh and get on with it.

Promote some of the best talent in the academy because their hunger and desire is valuable in itself. And then use the likes of Skipp, Romero, Sarr, Porro, Udogie etc. as a platform to build on with high energy football. Scoop up some of the good footballing talent in the Premier League to use as a base for the future, so go and get the likes of Maddison, Kilman, Raya etc. in who can actually play a bit and are all HG and know the league and move forward.

Just watched the whole thing, and I can say, without a flicker of doubt, that I have fallen deeply in love with this man.

Whatever happens, from here.... you will always be in my heart, Rantonio. :love:

That's been due at Shinehead's door for a loooong, long time.

Knock knock mother fucker.

It was quite satisfying, although he's dodging some deserved blame too.

What's depressing is that the club is in this state.

he's bang on with everything. It amazes me Levy/ENIC hired him given they must have known this was always going to happen if they short changed him, hes not going to want to this period to be like a stain on his career, with only a few months left on his contract he has nothing to lose. After the personal year hes had as well, hes thinking "fuck it", clearly - time to go home, let's get them to fire me.

Dont like his football, but you cant say the man didnt have passion about us trying to win, and at least called out the shower who own this club publicly that others havent/ couldnt (didnt Poch have a clause in his severance contract saying he couldnt talk to the media about certain things?)

Will be gone over the international break as quite simply if you said what he said about your employers in any other job youd be sacked - this is no different

Kane is no doubt somewhat selfish but true great strikers tend to be.

It says more about the culture at the club, lack of other leaders willing to compete. Look at how Man City players fight over who's taking a penalty.

(Sorry to bring up that fraudulent club but it's a real example).
There's selfishness of a striker, like when he took the shot instead of passing on that counter attack, and there's using your unique status to pull rank when you're the worst free kick taker in the leauge, knowing that others can't oppose you.

Some of the players clearly don't like it, Kulu has spoken about it, Porro has tried to compete for the free kick as has Dier. Kane just pulls rank and no one can say anything.

giphy.gif

Thats the thing, we can blame the players and a lot deserve it but Ndombele got slaughtered, he was the problem and he's about to win a Serie A title, albeit mainly as sub, Foyth won a Europa league, Tripper won La Liga, Eriksen a Serie A. All players questioned at the time so there is sonething fundamentally wrong in our whole approach. Most of the players are different from 3 years ago, only Dier, Skipp, Son and Kane from then finished todays game. Its the whole culture from the top of stale mediocrity that pervades and its choking the club.

Back
Top Bottom