Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I cannot believe you can throw players and the board and then basically whole club under the bus by saying we are losers and not get sacked.

LEVY OUT!
They clearly dont have the first clue what to do next, not for the first time. They've totally snookered themselves. Sack him and look like mugs as he was pointing out truths. Keep him and look weak and indecisive. Appoint Poch and its an admission you were wrong to sack him in the first place. Their ownership is starting to feel like sabotage at this point such is the ineptitude.

They clearly dont have the first clue what to do next, not for the first time. They've totally snookered themselves. Sack him and look like mugs as he was pointing out truths. Keep him and look weak and indecisive. Appoint Poch and its an admission you were wrong to sack him in the first place. Their ownership is starting to feel like sabotage at this point such is the ineptitude.

In most lines of work the buck would stop at the top. Levy would tender his resignation as Chairman to try and draw a line in the sand. Changing the manager is no longer a line in the sand for us, it doesn’t change that much.

Levy resigning and getting someone like Paul Barber in would be a genuine new beginning. Everything would then follow from that, he would appoint a new hopefully not corrupt DoF who would appoint a new manager and the club could move forward.

Actually rate them for not firing him.

But that’s dependent on listening to what he’s saying.
The meeting is today isn't it?

If they can get somebody they want during the international break then it wouldn't be a big surprise if Conte doesn't return.

When all is said and done I kind of like him to be honest, it's a shame it isn't working out. Losing Stellini is a bummer as well. If we hadn't fucked up in Sheffield and we were about to play a cup quarter final against Blackburn at home everything would look so different.

In most lines of work the buck would stop at the top. Levy would tender his resignation as Chairman to try and draw a line in the sand. Changing the manager is no longer a line in the sand for us, it doesn’t change that much.

Levy resigning and getting someone like Paul Barber in would be a genuine new beginning. Everything would then follow from that, he would appoint a new hopefully not corrupt DoF would would appoint a new manager and the club could move forward.
What, like the Paul Barber we already had at the club, then allowed to leave??

...mind you, wasn't it Barber who brokered the deal with Mansion...? remember the furore at another successive RED shirt sponsor (after Thompson had come and gone!!)

The meeting is today isn't it?

If they can get somebody they want during the international break then it wouldn't be a big surprise if Conte doesn't return.

When all is said and done I kind of like him to be honest, it's a shame it isn't working out. Losing Stellini is a bummer as well. If we hadn't fucked up in Sheffield and we were about to play a cup quarter final against Blackburn at home everything would look so different.
...well for one, yesterday would've been postponed so wouldn't have ruined the weekend already!!

What, like the Paul Barber we already had at the club, then allowed to leave??

...mind you, wasn't it Barber who brokered the deal with Mansion...? remember the furore at another successive RED shirt sponsor (after Thompson had come and gone!!)

He was at the start of his career but he has done an outstanding job at Brighton, sure there are other candidates but we need to new vision badly.

A honest coach would own up to part of the blame.
He did, in the full quotes.

"I'm really upset and everyone has to take their responsibility. Not only the club, the manager and the staff, the players have to be involved in this situation because it is time to change this situation if Tottenham want to change.

"If they want to continue in this way, they can change the manager, a lot of managers, but the situation cannot change. Believe me."

Conte has failed to rectify the situation with the players and that is clearly what we are paying him for and the football has been awful this season.

However, the old saying "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" comes to mind.

Every manager we get it's the same damn issue with these players, there is an attitude problem at this club which allows the players who come here to feel comfortable and just pick up a pay packet and that comes from the top, the chairman and owner couldn't give a shit about trophies and that leaks down on to the players imo.

The notion this is less manager than owners is completely off the scale.

Yes owners employ the manager but we have 2 World Cup winners, 3 national captains and many players who would be taken by other Prem teams, if not the very best.

In diving and I have used this analogy before, you have the complexity or difficulty of the dive. Let's call that the quality of the squad.

You apply to it the quality of the dive so the manager's overall input) and get the result.

In real terms 4th is probably right but the ends, if we do get 4th do not justify the means, and in that regard it's on Conte.

No pundit worth their exorbitant salary would say different in that Conte has been backed.

Conte has failed.

I just think he doesnt have the players to play his tactics. We cant defend but on flip side we are so passive under him. 9 times in a row going behind in matches. You cant give initiative away straight away in premier league. Asking for trouble.

I can't see a single person that has changed opinion of him solely based upon these comments......

Indeed.

"Turning on Conte" was the wrong phrase to use in this instance.

But my overall point is that Conte has made some accurate remarks here about the players at this club, this is a repeated issue under multiple managers now and I believe it's because playing for this club has become too comfortable.

They are happy to turn up, collect their money and enjoy the lovely infrastructure before toddling off home to their comfortable lifestyle.

The attitude of top four being enough has created this mindset imo.

To be fair, Conte was brought in specifically to change that mindset and he has failed but like I said in another post, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I just think the way our club is run on the football side of operations promotes this shoulder shrug environment with the players.

If he's not going to be here next season I really can't understand why we don't get the new guy in as soon as possible and give them some real games to get acclimatised to the squad. Outburst or no outburst. New manager bounce could have eve helped top 4 chances.

"Turning on Conte" was the wrong phrase to use in this instance.

But my overall point is that Conte has made some accurate remarks here about the players at this club, this is a repeated issue under multiple managers now and I believe it's because playing for this club has become too comfortable.

They are happy to turn up, collect their money and enjoy the lovely infrastructure before toddling off home to their comfortable lifestyle.

The attitude of top four being enough has created this mindset imo.

To be fair, Conte was brought in specifically to change that mindset and he has failed but like I said in another post, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I just think the way our club is run on the football side of operations promotes this shoulder shrug environment with the players.

Nope, it's a fallacy.

In other words Conte has not deliverered because who else changes mindsets and so called complacency?

Excuses are being made for the bloke.

Back
Top Bottom