Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he's not going to be here next season I really can't understand why we don't get the new guy in as soon as possible and give them some real games to get acclimatised to the squad. Outburst or no outburst. New manager bounce could have eve helped top 4 chances.

Forget top 4.

We need a manager who helps us to compete with the best.

Nope, it's a fallacy.

In other words Conte has not deliverered because who else changes mindsets and so called complacency?

Excuses are being made for the bloke.

Not once did I make an excuse, I said he has failed at his job.

But I am also saying to you, this has happened under MULTIPLE managers, it even happened to Poch at the end of his reign.

Player power at this club is a massive issue and one that continues to be unresolved.

Also, like I said, the owners have created an aura of complacency when it comes to winning trophies.

The players are happy to turn up, get paid and do the minimum required.

It's just a complacent attitude all around.

Yes, Conte SHOULD have fixed that, after all, that's his job, therefore he should lose his job for it.

However, like I said, I don't think there is a manager in world football that can change this, even if it starts well (and it did with Conte, towards the end of last season we were all excited for this one) it never ends well and that points to a bigger issue with the club.

Not once did I make an excuse, I said he has failed at his job.

But I am also saying to you, this has happened under MULTIPLE managers, it even happened to Poch at the end of his reign.

Player power at this club is a massive issue and one that continues to be unresolved.

Also, like I said, the owners have created an aura of complacency when it comes to winning trophies.

The players are happy to turn up, get paid and do the minimum required.

It's just a complacent attitude all around.

Yes, Conte SHOULD have fixed that, after all, that's his job, therefore he should lose his job for it.

However, like I said, I don't think there is a manager in world football that can change this, even if it starts well (and it did with Conte, towards the end of last season we were all excited for this one) it never ends well and that points to a bigger issue with the club.

And I disagree.

The notion this is less manager than owners is completely off the scale.

Yes owners employ the manager but we have 2 World Cup winners, 3 national captains and many players who would be taken by other Prem teams, if not the very best.

In diving and I have used this analogy before, you have the complexity or difficulty of the dive. Let's call that the quality of the squad.

You apply to it the quality of the dive so the manager's overall input) and get the result.

In real terms 4th is probably right but the ends, if we do get 4th do not justify the means, and in that regard it's on Conte.

No pundit worth their exorbitant salary would say different in that Conte has been backed.

Conte has failed.

You said the same shite about Poch.

Log off, it's our owners and their genuine lack of ambition that's the issue. Doesn't matter if we had Pep or Klopp, the situation would be the same.

How many top class manager can be wrong ffs!

Do we think Pep, Klopp, Ancellotti, Touchel will do better?
The answers in NO.

It's bloody obvious Paratici and Levy are buying the players and Spurs managers have no say. Never ending whoever is the manager.

You can't only expect to win if you only have the so called best players.

That's daft and incomprehensible.

A manager, with decent (and we do) resources changes the dial.

He is a decent manager and has proven it throughout his career, suitable for us probably not, he has flaws which make him incompatible with who we are similar to Jose.

How many more managers are we going to go through before it becomes clear where the issue is. When we are back here in 18 months sacking Luis Enrique after the players down tools and Levy has bought us a bunch of players the manager didn’t want while Dier still patrols at CB will it become apparent then?

The best a manager can do at this point is make us play more attractive football, we ain’t winning Jack shit without more fundamental change.

You said the same shite about Poch.

Log off, it's our owners and their genuine lack of ambition that's the issue. Doesn't matter if we had Pep or Klopp, the situation would be the hhsame.

What rubbish you spout. Honestly agenda on display.

Boring and simply wrong.

We get to finals and semi-finals but lose because of ENIC and Levy.

How much tripe will people fall for. Incredible

Conte has failed in many respects. But yesterday was all on the players. When you concede 30 seconds into the half, and again two minutes after going 3-1, that reeks of “we got this wrapped up” attitude. The fact that we were playing the last place team was surely on their minds.

The answers in NO.

It's bloody obvious Paratici and Levy are buying the players and Spurs managers have no say. Never ending whoever is the manager.
well, for some of them it is like that. but most of the players bought were suitable for conte's scheme.
the problem is not the quality of the single players, when you lose against Mura, Dinamo Zagreb, Sheffield United, which are inferior teams on every aspect, it's clear that there is a mental problem.
an environment that promotes alibi and protection for the players when things get difficult, that is the main problem

If he's not going to be here next season I really can't understand why we don't get the new guy in as soon as possible and give them some real games to get acclimatised to the squad. Outburst or no outburst. New manager bounce could have eve helped top 4 chances.
Probably because the guy we really want isn’t currently available. End of the season will give us more options.

The answers in NO.

No matter what the overarching issues at the club I think it is indisputable that this squad should be playing much better football than this. A proportion of that is laid firmly at Conte's door.

Back
Top Bottom