Who do you want to see with the captain’s armband?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham’s New Captain

• Sonny

Votes: 99 51.3%
  • Bissouma

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • Skipp

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Romero

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • Bentancur

Votes: 19 9.8%

• Total voters
Son was the only senior player that started Shakhtar and travelled to Barca...

He is the centre of all the new kit stuff.

Ange spoke about his ability to mix with all groups in the squad.

It's as certain to be Son as it was that Kane was going and Maddison waiting for #10.

This was all done yonks ago.

It's as certain to be Son as it was that Kane was going and Maddison waiting for #10.

Shocked The Usual Suspects GIF

I agree but we now need to be very honest and clear eyed. The way Solomon hS been playing and the way Son is...Well making him captain is just silly. There's no guarantee he don't end up fighting for mins. I'd dodge this obvious pitfall and give it to Bissouma its a shame about Bentancur's injury.

I agree but we now need to be very honest and clear eyed. The way Solomon hS been playing and the way Son is...Well making him captain is just silly. There's no guarantee he don't end up fighting for mins. I'd dodge this obvious pitfall and give it to Bissouma its a shame about Bentancur's injury.

I don't see Ange the same as Jose and Conte with that Hierarchy business. He will pick the team to win games.

Also re: Son....

I'd rather it went to someone that is the present AND the future.

I'd imagine Maddison would rise to it, but it's probably a season too early for him.

Why worried?

He's a loyal player who has the respect of every player in the squad and experience with being captain of his country.
Because if he doesn’t improve, he shouldn’t start.

Guy was a black hole for all of last season. We can’t afford that and he’ll need to be on the bench if that continues.

I have a hard time seeing levy being ok with that.

Because if he doesn’t improve, he shouldn’t start.

Guy was a black hole for all of last season. We can’t afford that and he’ll need to be on the bench if that continues.

I have a hard time seeing levy being ok with that.

That doesn't really mean much in terms of captain. All we are asking is who do you want to wear an armband mate.

Needs to play regularly, be fully COYS, lead by example and increasingly important; be good with the media. Sonny obviously.

I think Maddison one day, but he needs to be with us longer.

who is voting for Bissouma? Like wtf? Because he is a good player? He's played like 20 times for us in the PL and you guys wanna make him captain right off the bat.

Wrong.

Pre season noise is that he’s very well respected by the squad, vocal (in a good way), and has done lots to help/encourage the younger players.

Sounds like leadership material to me. Whether he’s played 10 games or 100 is irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom