Palace v Spurs - 27th Oct - 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I was Hojbjerg, I would feel disappointed not to be included here. It was after all, him that made both goals against Fulham, albeit the lesser tallied 'assist to the assist'. Second assist didn't windy call it? Dunno

Anyway, we're in a winning business so there's no room for sentiment. Hojbjerg is a pro so he'll take it on the chin chin
I'd go with PEH in Sarr's position and biss back in as usual.

Evening you crazy kids! (or should that be Yids?)
First time poster here who's managed to bag a couple of tickets for me and the boy. Fair to say we're both absolutely buzzing!!
I think the last time I saw spurs away was at Loftus road... on the plastic pitch 😮👴
A bit o' googlin suggests Thornton Heath is the best destination for away fans and the Prince George is probably favourite for a bit of pre match refreshment.
Was wondering if any veterans of this jaunt into bandit country would concur with this or if anyone has any better suggestions then we're all ears
COYFS! 😁🐓
Have a good 'un. And welcome to the forum.......you'll find us a bastion of peace and tranquillity.........👍

Vine Wtf GIF

We'll have to go some to get a better CF in the short-term; let alone the curve-ball of trying to break them in in January..... So not playing Sonny at CF for the rest of the season would be foolish.

He's statistically on track for 29 league goals this season. He likely won't get that, but what we need to do is load more bullets for him and see how close he gets..... Not sling him back on the wing in the name of another punt on Richy, expecting Veliz to explode in his first season or playing the transfer lottery.
Totally agree.
We seem to be trying a game of how can we fit Veliz and Son into the same team. That’s ain’t happening in this formation. If Veliz can progress slowly and get 20 mins here and there, get a hammy goal or two to boost his confidence that would be great.

But Son on the left? Nope. We need Brennan to flourish there and if he doesn’t get someone else - not Son, Veliz or even Richi

Pedant alert the glass structure that relocated from Hyde Park after the Great Exhibition is fucking MILES away :) That club should be called Penge United or Norwood Junction

On the match itself, we have lucked out that we are playing them at a time when their form is shit and they are missing key players.

Their last home game they were lucky to get 0-0 v Forest

Last few

0-4 Barcodes a
0-0 Forest h
1-0 United a (!!!)
0-0 Fulham h

They did a number on United at OT. But no goals in 2 home matches against poor teams.

Usually a draw there on a Friday night would be a decent result but this time we should be winning this by 2 goals plus.
Expect them to play for 0-0 given the injuries they have. This could be a game where it is hard to break them down

With fewer games, fewer minutes to go around, need to keep fringe players motivated?

No. I don't think that is my role. My role is to provide an environment where all the players feel like they are valued, they get an opportunity and they all train together. They all train as one. We don't separate the group and their own motivation needs to come from within as to if they are not playing how they use that to contribute. We wouldn't be in this position we are right now if we were relying on 11 players.

I keep saying if games finished on the 80-minute mark, we would probably be sitting mid-table so the contribution in those minutes have come from the guys who don't start games so the motivation is there for all those players. I think it comes hand-in-hand with being at a big club. If you want to be at a big club you will not be guaranteed anything. You have to earn it and it is no different here.

Evening you crazy kids! (or should that be Yids?)
First time poster here who's managed to bag a couple of tickets for me and the boy. Fair to say we're both absolutely buzzing!!
I think the last time I saw spurs away was at Loftus road... on the plastic pitch 😮👴
A bit o' googlin suggests Thornton Heath is the best destination for away fans and the Prince George is probably favourite for a bit of pre match refreshment.
Was wondering if any veterans of this jaunt into bandit country would concur with this or if anyone has any better suggestions then we're all ears
COYFS! 😁🐓

I usually walk from Norwood Junction. Easy walk and takes less than 15 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom