Palace v Spurs - 27th Oct - 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Few have been fir decent abd done fir stupid pull backs / blocks. Not to mention the dive. So most could be avoided. It’s not like his been booked for over zealous fouls or being late. The coaching team and manager surely should have words with him. They’ve all been told any back chat / imaginery yellow cards will result in being carded. So unless his stupid he should know not to do it.
Actually them pull backs and blocks are to stop counter attacks. Rodri doing it for years gets away constantly. We get punished.
Weve been asking for someone to do it for a while now so cat complain too much

Sounds like he's getting rested to me.

Zero point risking it.

I agree.

I worry about Palace countering down that side if he was out as he so often runs the left but I trust Van de Ven to cover well (as well as Davies to do a job) and we should dominate so much of the ball that by making it count shouldn't hinder us too much.

Well he did say:

"It is good to have Biss; it is gong to be a tough game and he'll be important for us."

So unless he's making the tea it sounds very much like he'll be involved.
That's as much of a non-answer as you can find, he could be seen as important by cheering on from the sidelines in a gaudy tracksuit for all we know there...

He's never going to state in a pre-match presser who will start, won't start, or will come on later in the game. If Bissouma had been out injured then the question of whether he was back or not might be given a straight answer, but he wasn't, he was suspended, and now he's available, that's it.

Palace won't have Olise or Eze, their 2 main attacking outputs. Schlupp is back, who has loved a goal vs Spurs in the past.

I think they'll sit in, play for the point and hope for a set piece, especially off the back of a 4-0 drubbing from Newcastle.

We need to take our chances and not be so wasteful.

I really like Eze... and am SO glad he's out tomorrow...

I could GENUINELY see us going for him in the Summer (if not January, if Ange wants genuine competition for that AM role)

I reckon it sounds like Udogie may start on the bench - if at all - but I trust Davies to come in, the same way that PEH did a job on Monday.

It's pointing to this kinda line-up:

Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Davies(?)
Bissouma Sarr
Kulu Maddison Johnson/Richie?
Son

No idea why I can’t see this thread in the forum index.

I’m not ignoring the thread starter, and I’m not ignoring the thread.

Very odd 😂

Looks like we are the only top 4 team that hasnt at least had a penalty this season! Wonder how long it is before we find out who our penalty taker is! :sonhmm:
Wow... Amazing stat;
The top 3 teams to be given penalties this season: Arse, Liverpool. & Chelsea....
Just wow!

Mind blown!!!

DID

NOT

SEE

THAT

COMING!!

"Top of the League, without a Pen,
Top of the League, and still no Pens!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom