Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wtf did you watch??? Going gung ho was not the problem today, quite the opposite in fact. We got the goal early and then played Jose/Conte terrorismball for a full 90 minutes before predictably conceding not one but two sucker punches...

It was the exact same issue we've seen time and time again under previous managers, inviting pressure onto our shit defenders.

Had Ange backed up all his talk and simply gone with the next in line like for like for Maddison then maybe we'd have played something more like our normal game.

Dropping Hojbjerg in for Maddison is gonna change the way the team plays, no matter how snappy your soundbite on the matter is, pretending otherwise is fucking stupid and if it happens again after today then I'll be fucking annoyed.
You didn't understand me. I was referring to last week. Even Ange realises, like Jose and Conté you can't do that with the players we have My point is that we blame Anti football with out last 3 coaches. What is our excuse now. For 4 seasons (speaking from Jose) we heard we need and expected change. This still has not happened.

Yip. And Mourinho was fired after how long? Right before a Cup Final. He had 2 players in the top 5 EPL goal scorers and EPL assists. The most striking pair Assists.

Conté did not get 1 CB of his choice and was expected to do what? Son and Kane win Golden Boot. Still people are Zombified enough to believe, "They players negative football. They played Anti football. It was sooooo Boring........ This list goes.

We sold Kane instead of building a team around him. Look at what he is doing at Munich with the correct players around him.

Bundesliga Matches 11, Goals 17, Assists 5

UEFA Matches 4, Goals 4, Assist 2

Why? Because Bayern is being managed to play around his strengths.

We bought players that are patch work. None the managers really wanted.

Ange will achieve nothing if nothing changes. Top 4 and above the Gunners. Yay We Won the League. Bullshit, we just received a consolation prize
I love Kane and all, but he’s playing against a bunch of farmers for a huge part. There are a few decent teams. The Bundesliga isn’t comparable to the Premier League. I know they’ll have a crack at winning the CL, and it’s not a knock on Kane at all. But the time and space they’re afforded there compared to the Premier League is just night and day.

I love Kane and all, but he’s playing against a bunch of farmers for a huge part. There are a few decent teams. The Bundesliga isn’t comparable to the Premier League. I know they’ll have a crack at winning the CL, and it’s not a knock on Kane at all. But the time and space they’re afforded there compared to the Premier League is just night and day.
In the Bundesliga they just obey orders....

kingdawson kingdawson Starks Starks Don Corleone Don Corleone FOK FOK

Hate to say I'd told you so - no matter how many would disagree.

0 creativity in that lineup and we got our 2nd shot on target in the 88 minute.

Poor dull game.

We looked much better when GLC came on.

Tells you all you need to know.

I’m not sold on GLC never have been but with madders out till Jan he needs a run in the side as he is the only one who comes close to madders style. Obviously he isn’t as good but a midfield of any combination of Sarr Bissouma PEH Bentancur and Skipp isn’t creative enough imo

Do you think I'm made of money?
Train fares, Hotel, dinner, room for the Butler?

How out of touch with ordinary people are you?
Completely it seems....how about this.
A) hitchhike up
B) a tent in a field
C)A McDonald's happy meal
......and don't take the butler..he's probably a Woolwich supporter....

Yip. And Mourinho was fired after how long? Right before a Cup Final. He had 2 players in the top 5 EPL goal scorers and EPL assists. The most striking pair Assists.

Conté did not get 1 CB of his choice and was expected to do what? Son and Kane win Golden Boot. Still people are Zombified enough to believe, "They players negative football. They played Anti football. It was sooooo Boring........ This list goes.

We sold Kane instead of building a team around him. Look at what he is doing at Munich with the correct players around him.

Bundesliga Matches 11, Goals 17, Assists 5

UEFA Matches 4, Goals 4, Assist 2

Why? Because Bayern is being managed to play around his strengths.

We bought players that are patch work. None the managers really wanted.

Ange will achieve nothing if nothing changes. Top 4 and above the Gunners. Yay We Won the League. Bullshit, we just received a consolation prize
You can’t build a team around a player that doesn’t want to stay at the club.

We made the best of a bad situation, selling him abroad rather than a PL rival, and got a good price rather than him going on a free.

Not that it makes much difference but I thought Sarr was taking Maddison's place ?
Do these logistics matter? Bottom line is the midfield 3 lost what Maddison brings to the table and that was replaced with what Hoj brings to the table.

Nominally shifting Sarr and saying he's the one in Maddison's place doesn't change his skillset, the man for man change in the unit was Hoj in for Madd, and that is a terrible exchange from the team pov.

You didn't understand me. I was referring to last week. Even Ange realises, like Jose and Conté you can't do that with the players we have My point is that we blame Anti football with out last 3 coaches. What is our excuse now. For 4 seasons (speaking from Jose) we heard we need and expected change. This still has not happened.
You're right, and I still don't follow, I'm fully blaming anti-football for today.

Back
Top Bottom