Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At no point, did I say it is all down to Dawson, however he isn't up to scratch and as much as I love him as a man and a personality in and around the club, he just isn't the calibre of centre back we need.

I will ignore your attempts at belittling me and will again point out your reluctance to discuss anything to do with Spurs, on a Spurs forum.
Not sure why you think I have no intention of discussing any thing to do with Spurs, on a Spurs forum - its exactly what I like doing.
I have no intention of doing it with someone who thinks that discussion involves "you're a cunt" as conversation gambit, however.

I have had a read of the citeh forum (bluemoon), in which they reference this forum. It seems they don't quite get our humor and take everything we say as being literally true. Anyway A few things came up; They mostly feel that they we're not playing to their full potential and for some odd reason thought their atmosphere was good. From having one of country's best fans they now have perhaps the worst. It shows what happens when an Arab billionaire, who needs to legitimize his assets, buys a club.
On the first point I agree, our defending was shambolic, just awful they could of had 10. In particular I look at Paulinho whilst being a midfielder, just does not do enough defensively (or offensively). I wonder if this because of AVB but he does not commit to either roles with enough work rate. watching him lackadaisically trudge around the pitch is frustrating. Also if we are playing one up front Holtby is not a number 10, unfortunately he is not creative enough.

You have to be shitting me!
You complete and utter hypocrite.
Like moth to a flame

We wanted him out for the person and not the manager - a concept too far for many to grasp it seems. A decision confirmed by Levy and the board, seeing that he remains our most successful manager in decades. There should be more to a manager than getting a few results - he is to represent everything the club stands for

Don't you have some beaches to visit or telecom cables to lay?

If you love Rednapp so much piss off to QPR then.

yep, thats what I said. Good comment.
I'll just stop supporting the club that I have followed for 46 years, so I can support a manager who has moved on.

Or I can take part in a conversation about the current manager, and and the myopic blind support that he gets, despite having overseen the shambles of yesterdays result.

The captain of a ship that founders on rocks doesn't get to keep his job, because he hadn't hit any before - but some supporters of this club are happy to see no fault or problem with someone who has been given 120 million quids worth of footballers and has produced a team that cant score goals, and now apparently can't defend or compete.
We have 20 points from beating teams at the bottom of the league and 3 of the wins came from questionable penalties. Against top teams we have one point from a home draw and have conceded 8 goals in 3 matches.

I'd say that it was reasonable to reference the previous managers skillset to the current one, given the quality of the the performances of late, the abysmal scoring record we have and turgid performance we saw on Sunday.

You however deal with the discussion by telling a committed Spurs fan (one who has seen a substantial number of live games over the years, not just a JCL telly clapper) to go support QPR.
Nice.

Like moth to a flame

We wanted him out for the person and not the manager - a concept too far for many to grasp it seems. A decision confirmed by Levy and the board, seeing that he remains our most successful manager in decades. There should be more to a manager than getting a few results - he is to represent everything the club stands for

Don't you have some beaches to visit or telecom cables to lay?

I don't care how you try to sugar coat it - you are a rampant hypocrite for painting people black, for exhibiting behaviour that you are guilty of.
Doesn't surprise me.

I wasn't on here when Redknapp was in charge, but this is exactly how I felt. His results, in general, were great. The football was at time breathtaking, but his openness to the England job midway through a season, and the decline in results that followed, was utterly despicable and completely unacceptable.
And since then he has openly admitted he spoke to Brendan Rodgers about being his number 2.
1 - He didn't even have the fucking job and he was obviously so confident that he began assembling his backroom staff - good to know he was giving Spurs 100% of his time, effort, commitment etc.
2 - Tapping up managers of other clubs? And then coming out to the press about it, putting Rodgers' reputation and tender at Swansea under scrutiny? What a nice bloke.

@ Mick Cooper Mick Cooper I don't think anyone would deny the football (performance, not results) under Harry was better than what we currently have under AVB, but it sure gets tiresome having people harping on about the good old days as if it was all positive, and then offer nothing but negative points about Spurs now.

People have every right to bitch, piss and moan, particularly after yesterday, but there are a few people here that refuse to offer any support for 'their' club, which understandably makes others question their agenda.

Nice match thread by the way - the result is a perfect reflection of the quality of your input to any message board.
Pot kettle black - you're as much of a cunt as the next guy on here as the rest of us - come off your high horse and offer something constructive other than your predictable tirade of boring abuse towards faceless tossers you've never met yet you're quick to judge

Last edited:
You fucking bastard.

6s2twnr5-1330045537.jpg

Pot kettle black - you're as much of a cunt as the next guy on here as the rest of us - come off your high horse and offer something constructive other than your predictable tirade of boring abuse towards faceless tossers you've never met yet you're quick to judge
I wasn't on here when Redknapp was in charge, but this is exactly how I felt. His results, in general, were great. The football was at time breathtaking, but his openness to the England job midway through a season, and the decline in results that followed, was utterly despicable and completely unacceptable.
And since then he has openly admitted he spoke to Brendan Rodgers about being his number 2.
1 - He didn't even have the fucking job and he was obviously so confident that he began assembling his backroom staff - good to know he was giving Spurs 100% of his time, effort, commitment etc.
2 - Tapping up managers of other clubs? And then coming out to the press about it, putting Rodgers' reputation and tender at Swansea under scrutiny? What a nice bloke.

@ Mick Cooper Mick Cooper I don't think anyone would deny the football (performance, not results) under Harry was better than what we currently have under AVB, but it sure gets tiresome having people harping on about the good old days as if it was all positive, and then offer nothing but negative points about Spurs now.

People have every right to bitch, piss and moan, particularly after yesterday, but there are a few people here that refuse to offer any support for 'their' club, which understandably makes others question their agenda.
mmm
I wouldn't have bought the subject up at all - I was simply commenting on him because the Redknapp haters keep bringing him up.
I'm more than happy to keep the conversation current and topical - but the fact of the matter is that what we have to watch now is substantially worse that what we had to watch under the previous regime.

Is it more important to Spurs fans to have the ideal manager with a great image, than a manager who produces great football?

Which team would you rather watch? Would you put up with a manager you didn't like if he produced a team that played like the Spurs team of 2 or 3 seasons ago?

I would.

Back
Top Bottom