Manchester City v Tottenham - Sunday 3 Dec 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shame we can't just get a decent result against one of the Sky4 without the background narrative being ALL about the Ref. .
First Liverpool, now City...

When we lose, no one makes excuses on our behalf, we're told to shut up, suck it up and get on with it...
Chelsea match was atrocious... Had that been the other way round the media Would've been making every excuse for Chelsea.... As it was, it was all totally self inflicted, and nothing to do with them being allowed to kick Maddison off the pitch, and send Romero off for something that happens week in week out unpunished for SOME others....

SAME with TWATTY CASH on Bentancur, a cynical tactical dangerous challenge that totally changed the game, and could absolutely have been a red .. yet I haven't seen anything about retrospective action against him ...
Only that we didn't take out chances in the game, and Villa did..m that's it, that's the sum total of the analysis.

Something is seriously skewed.

Hard to be mad at him when big chunks of our fanbase don't know any better either.

That said.... TWAT.

People just follow a lazy narrative, mainly because it's popular and it's an easy thing conclude about us, it's honestly so boring.

The high line has never been a problem, people are just saying that because they think that Ange is naïve because he's an Aussie who managed in the SPL and he has no idea on how to setup a team when coming up against the uber teams and forwards in the Prem. how many times have we been caught out due to the high line? Not many.

Even more funnier is that they want us to play defensively or change it up to play deeper even though he's never coached that to our players and we don't have the players to do that anyway unless you count Dier who is average, pointless exercise.

It's weird because this was meant to be the free hit season at Spurs and expected Ange and Spurs to struggle to adapt and we were meant to finish outside the top 6 according to quite a few people yet he's still facing scrutiny when he's trying to implement a plan A this season and folk want him to work on a plan B, make it make sense.

I thought some of the City players should have been carded for surrounding the ref. No idea why the rules weren't applied in that regard.

City feeling the pressure...... They conceded 10 goals in the last 4 games.

That's more than we have during our "crisis".

Last edited:
Shame we can't just get a decent result against one of the Sky4 without the background narrative being ALL about the Ref. .

When we lose, no one makes excuses on our behalf, we're told to shut up, suck it up and get on with it...
Chelsea match was atrocious... Had that been the other way round the media Would've been making every excuse for Chelsea.... As it was, it was all totally self inflicted, and nothing to do with them being allowed to kick Maddison off the pitch, and send Romero off for something that happens week in week out unpunished for SOME others....

SAME with TWATTY CASH on Bentancur, a cynical tactical dangerous challenge that totally changed the game, and could absolutely have been a red .. yet I haven't seen anything about retrospective action against him ...
Only that we didn't take out chances in the game, and Villa did..m that's it, that's the sum total of the analysis.

But are City really the Sky top 4? Personally I think they are a small club that have endlessly pumped cash to get their success. Were a bigger club and that not bias. See the empty seats at the match yesterday.

Agree on diversion but more from their defending than attackers.

Their fans are starting to get jittery about Gvardiol. They call him Josko Barbiedoll.

But we caused all of their defenders issues. If Gil was sharper and played Son in with a very simple pass, we would have had 2 very high-quality chances in the first half and we got in down their left several times in the first half even when they were dominant.

We could have won it right at the death (seconds before the Haaland/Melt moment).

Have to be honest. Since kane and conte has gone I'm enjoying watching us again. That golf course neville interview annoyed me. Both of them I felt was just doing us a favour. Son is a great captain.
Kane will absolutely go down as one of our best-ever players, but there's something about Sonny that is just pure COYS, and it's clear he loves the club. Perhaps a touch ironic considering he's South Korean while Kane grew up locally and says that we're his boyhood club. I crave Sonny lifting silverware in a way that I don't think I'd have felt if Kane was captain.

I do think part of that comes from Kane being very careful about what he says in the media (with that golf interview being the exception). Overly diplomatic at times, and it makes it hard to get a read on what his feelings really are.

Time will tell on how much he goes down as a proper club legend. We'll know more once he retires.

People just follow a lazy narrative, mainly because it's popular and it's an easy thing conclude about us, it's honestly so boring.

The high line has never been a problem, people are just saying that because they think that Ange is naïve because he's an Aussie who managed in the SPL and he has no idea on how to setup a team when coming up against the uber teams and forwards in the Prem. how many times have we been caught out due to the high line? Not many.

Even more funnier is that they want us to play defensively or change it up to play deeper even though he's never coached that to our players and we don't have the players to do that anyway unless you count Dier who is average, pointless exercise.

It's weird because this was meant to be the free hit season at Spurs and expected Ange and Spurs to struggle to adapt and we were meant to finish outside the top 6 according to quite a few people yet he's still facing scrutiny when he's trying to implement a plan A this season and folk want him to work on a plan B, make it make sense.

It's so at odds with "We want our DNA back" it's ridiculous.

Tough. Agreed he should never have disrespected all of Kane's team mates at the time as his comment was never true.

But he's never going to be allowed to forget it....... especially when we give Mancity a game like we did today - we've got a better record against Mancity than any other team, possibly the reason for his remark which he intended to undermine the Spurs team confidence.
Oh, it definitely was, but he underestimated us and played the wrong hand. Unfortunately, that's given us the confidence and the expectation that we have heir number (which we clearly do), and it must just chew him up inside to hear this echoed so regularly and know he was the architect of his own downfall.

In fairness, I haven’t seen a lot of media outrage today about the refereeing. City are a small club in terms of their fan base so not as many clicks to be had from being outraged over a decision against Red Scum or Liverpool.

Also, Haaland was a wanker about it but Ruben Dias and Pep were adults about it in post match interviews - Pep even trolled Lego- head to earn bonus respect points from me.

048775ed4f5db988e6f398a9b2c7234d.png

In fairness, I haven’t seen a lot of media outrage today about the refereeing. City are a small club in terms of their fan base so not as many clicks to be had from being outraged over a decision against Red Scum or Liverpool.

Also, Haaland was a wanker about it but Ruben Dias and Pep were adults about it in post match interviews - Pep even trolled Lego- head to earn bonus respect points from me.

You won't see it because they're not Utd, Liverpool or Woolwich, City just don't generate the interest in comparison so the hard done by story won't be as big...oh and the fact they're facing all these charges so the hard-done-by narrative won't wash.

I've watched the replay two dozen times, it looks like he's clear through only because the whistle goes and two of our guys immediately drop off, while it takes Grealish 3 seconds to process it.

Davies tries to catch him offside and loses the two yards of cover he has over Grealish, though, that's alarming. Really poor judgement. Davies literally stops his run to force the offside *after* it leaves Haaland's hoof. Pretty sure Royal would have caught him anyway, and he's still got Vic and Porro to contend with. Porro is winning that race all day.

But, we'll never know!

rs_634x1024-140226153354-634.leonardo-dicaprio.cm.22613.jpg

Back
Top Bottom