Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

F4xCKLzWUAAiXKQ
Glad this came off.

That ought to be a super favorable situation for him playing under Farke, and if he bosses it there all the various options from here become brighter.

Blummin' Eck.... the guy just can't catch a break (no pun intended!)
Him & Sess seem to be perma-injured....

I wonder if it's a by-product of being fast tracked into first team football at such young ages at their previous clubs... had their bodies even fully developed?
That has probably played some factor. I know two guys my age who were fast tracked into our local division 6 side because they were very talented. But they just got broken down physically by having to duke it out with grown men and didn't last nearly as long in the sport as some of my other teammates who had a more natural progression up the ranks.

Injured all season I think

Back after the next International break.

Leeds original announcement :
Leeds United defender Djed Spence picked up a knee injury following a challenge in training last week, and following scans, we can confirm he has damaged his lateral collateral ligament.

The injury is not expected to require surgery and we expect Djed to return to play within eight weeks.

Leeds United right-back Djed Spence is back in contention for selection for the Whites’ trip to Yorkshire rivals Rotherham on Friday evening, but star forward Georginio Rutter has been labelled a “major doubt” due to an abdominal strain picked up whilst on international duty with France’s Under-21s side.

Also available for selection are Joe Gelhardt and Jamie Shackleton, who have both been participating in team training alongside Spence this week.

Has hardly featured for Leeds due to injury he picked up there since going on loan : hope he can start to rebuild his career over next few months

Getting 6 and 7 ratings in his first start for Leeds (as LB)..

At least he's playing again

Played 82 mins as LB today and 20 mins off the bench in last match again as LB, after coming back from injury.

Leeds are 3rd in Championship on a decent run of form (today's 1-0 loss follows a run of 3 wins), so its good Spence is showing enough to start (he got injured in his first match on loan at Leeds after just 9 minutes, so no track record at Leeds).

Quote out of Beeb report 'Djed Spence raised Sunderland anxieties with a curling effort just wide'

and one of the Leeds fans ratings reads ' Made a crucial block inside the Leeds penalty area in the 74th minute. Patrick Roberts looked to volley the ball home and it was going on target, but the Tottenham-owned defender kept him at bay. Playing in an unaccustomed left-back role, he did well, achieving a pass accuracy of 90 per cent and winning 100 per cent of his aerial duels. He may just emerge as the option there for the rest of the season.'

A flurry of games coming up - Coventry on 16th, Ipswich on 23rd, Preston on 26th, WBA on 29th - so hopefully will get a reasonable number of minutes.

Last edited:
Played 82 mins as LB today and 20 mins off the bench in last match again as LB, after coming back from injury.

Leeds are 3rd in Championship on a decent run of form (today's 1-0 loss follows a run of 3 wins), so its good Spence is showing enough to start (he got injured in his first match on loan at Leeds after just 9 minutes, so no track record at Leeds).

Quote out of Beeb report 'Djed Spence raised Sunderland anxieties with a curling effort just wide'

and one of the Leeds fans ratings reads ' Made a crucial block inside the Leeds penalty area in the 74th minute. Patrick Roberts looked to volley the ball home and it was going on target, but the Tottenham-owned defender kept him at bay. Playing in an unaccustomed left-back role, he did well, achieving a pass accuracy of 90 per cent and winning 100 per cent of his aerial duels. He may just emerge as the option there for the rest of the season.'

A flurry of games coming up - Coventry on 16th, Ipswich on 23rd, Preston on 26th, WBA on 29th - so hopefully will get a reasonable number of minutes.
I know Conte didn't think he was good enough, but Conte also thought the same thing about Sarr and Bissouma. Would be interesting to see if Ange rates him enough to be in the squad next Summer, and what that might look like for us.

If not I wish him the best in recouping his fee we paid for him.

Back
Top Bottom