Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

P
Are people maybe now starting to see that perhaps Poch was a little over rated?
He came to Spurs at exactly the right time. That squad was thenominal and tbh, it's a fucking crime it didn't win anything.
And he had little say in most of the best signings.

Possibly but my issue is most of those players were shit under AVB and Sherwood like Rose and Dembele while Poch’s Saints team was hard pressing, hard attacking with mostly just ok players.

It might have been those players simply fit Poch far more than AVB or Sherwood but this Chelsea team of young players doesn’t look anything like his Saints team or his Spurs teams. It looks unmotivated, disjointed and weirdly lacking in aggression of a Poch team.

I don’t know if PSG broke him like Real broke Jose but it was the right move not to rehire him, he doesn’t look the same and he doesn’t look even like he wants to be at Chelsea.

He came to Spurs at exactly the right time. That squad was thenominal and tbh, it's a fucking crime it didn't win anything.

I think that’s really unfair. There’s no doubt that there was a little serendipity with the right players and at the right time when Poch joined, but he did wonders during most of his tenure. Players developed under him, we made it to the CL final, and had a real chance at winning the league. I don’t think that happens with a real overrated coach, especially one who was working with no real investment by the club.

That said though I think we have seen that his biggest issue is that he doesn’t have a plan B of any sort. He ran out of ideas with us, things got very stale for him at PSG, and he has no idea what to do with this group of mercenaries.

They all want him sacked but there’s nowhere else to turn to.
Let’s say they break Potter and Poch. Jose comes back and they go further down, for the first time ever I don’t see how Chavs fix their multiple issues. It’s beautiful, this is Chelsea going back to what they where pre-Abramovich’s billions.

What is even better is they put themselves in this positon by spend another billion, a billion on utter shiite.

From the Shed end

Signings under Abramovich were always hit and miss, but they were never made with the risk of ruining the club. There was always a way out because even if the new signings didn't work out, there was enough quality already in the squad to go again.

The new owners have done the complete opposite. They have left no room for failure. Failure means the end of Chelsea FC as a top club. We're already there, it's just not been made official yet. It will be by the end of next season though when we are forced to sell Palmer.

ITS FUCKING KILLING ME IN THERE.

Tbh poch was a pioneer when he first arrived at the premier league. He was an unknnown quantity when he got hired by Southampton. Ive read his book and produced miracles at espanyol. Got hung out to dry at espanyol and did with us. I do think imo that meeting with ferguson in london may have sealed his fate for us. Levy dont like managers having eyes on other jobs and was same for redknapp with england job. And we backed him when he had his court case. Poch was first manager in premier league to bring spanish high press football. You may be surprised but when sputhampton played us at whl under him after game i thought that was the best team that gave us a lesson in football. They were all over us and had vvd, mane and other great players. We somehow won that game 1 nil thanks to a bale worldie but they played us off the park. When we hired him I was delighted. My only criticism of poch we conceded bad sloppy goals but a brilliant manager for us. But other teams have caught up or overtaken poch philosophy. He was with us at right time. Third best manager ive seen at tottenham. Burkinshaw, venables and poch.

I think it is Swiss Ramble tweet but they apparently need at least £100m min by June 30th as they are £200m over and you can only do £105m loss.

In the summer everyone will know they are fucked and so offer peanuts for their players and as it’s FFP you need to ideally sell academy for pure profit as they call it.

That means even a Gallagher £40m sale won’t do it, James is forever injured, possibly Colwell to Liverpool but even then it would have to be a knock down price. It’s not clear how they get £100m pure profit or even close to that number even if Gallagher fucks off.
Aren't they losing something like £2M a week as well? They would put them another £50M or so in the hole as well wouldn't it?

I can't see them being anything BUTT fucked by the end of the Summer...

See what I did there? 🤣

Tbh im bored of chelsea and dont give a fuck about them tbh. Theyve had their years with out of control spending. Football went mad when abramovich turned up and premier league should be ashamed. Sky were wankers as well lording them up. I wind chelsea fans up saying i see Woolwich as pur rivals not chelsea. They created the rivalry 30 years ago. Fuck knows why. Probably cos we were the kings in the 80s.

I can only see one savour for Chavs. Saudi’s agree to pay over the odds for their academy players, if they do it will show Chelsea’s real owners (Saudis). If the Saudi’s don’t show up they have nothing.

The accounting period is 30th of June. That means every club will want to pay on 1st of July for FFP purposes but they need to sell before the 1st of July. The only solution is massive discount on players to temp clubs to buy early and hit their own FFP to save real cash but if they discount they won’t be able to get £100m so fucked both ways.

So again comes back to the Saudi’s or Everton getting their points deduction appeal turned into a fine to set precedent.

Back
Top Bottom