Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People really need to get “the first ten games” out of their heads for players and the team generally. We were an unknown quantity. Then other teams hadn’t done their homework and figured out how we play. Then we had the element of surprise on everybody and that’s never gonna happen again.

It’s either going to be games like today or games against other teams that play like we do - Brighton, Liverpoool, Woolwich, City etc where the games will be more open but we’ll have less control.

We don’t need our 6 to be a Rodri/Pirlo hybrid. Just do the job of helping us transition to the other more creatives and be defensively sound. Bussoums’s ideal for that remit. His defensive metrics are outstanding his carrying (pressure resistance) is good and his passing put of pressure is reliable.

We need to improve the 8’s (or the right one first) and we definitely need a massive quality upgrade in the attacking positions. Even Son isn’t ideal for this system.

You say that; but that's what is sustaining people's faith in Biss (those that have it anyway).

You've said on a number of occasions you want:

Maddison / Biss / Eze (or equivalent #10 played as an advance #8)

.......But on Biss's recent form that'd get ripped apart most weeks.

You say that; but that's what is sustaining people's faith in Biss (those that have it anyway).

You've said on a number of occasions you want:

Maddison / Biss / Eze (or equivalent #10 played as an advance #8)

.......But on Biss's recent form that'd get ripped apart most weeks.

Rubbish - Bissouma wouldn’t be the problem. Bissouma’s been fine lately, defensively he’s still right at the top end of PL metrics.

That might not be the cm3 for all occasions, but certainly some, like today - where we switched Bentancur for Kulusevski second half for example.

Eze can also play as a wide forward as well.

He was better today but it annoys me when he has to take 3 touches before he passes.
He started the season so well but I am not confident he will finish it as well,
He needs to step up.

He's not really been a success here yet, that goes without saying. But at the very least, he's been better than Caicedo while also costing a third of the price.

Hopefully he can finish the season as well as he started it and overall it will have been a decent season from him.

Rubbish - Bissouma wouldn’t be the problem. Bissouma’s been fine lately, defensively he’s still right at the top end of PL metrics.

.......He was literally the villain d'jour last weekend and widely blamed for our loss.

If you genuinely think current Biss = early season Biss you're smoking some heavy heavy shit, Blakey.

That might not be the cm3 for all occasions, but certainly some, like today - where we switched Bentancur for Kulusevski second half for example.

Eze can also play as a wide forward as well.

.......P.S. the point wasn't about whether or not to buy Eze.; I'm talking about the idea of Biss being all but required to be a one man midfield.

Was disappointed in him today, offered so little going forward and when we face a team sitting so defensively as Palace did today then I dont think he is the answer in the middle, just not enough creativity, which leaves us over dependent on others.

.......P.S. the point wasn't about whether or not to buy Eze.; I'm talking about the idea of Biss being all but required to be a one man midfield.

And I stand by my opinion that Bissouma is a good fit for our system and there are many other elements I'd upgrade before worrying about Bissouma.

As I said, I think we need to stop judging the team and players on those first ten games. We were all loving Big Ange because we'd had 4 years of garbage football and no midfield.

Things were always going to get harder for us collectively. Teams now know what we do, and how pivotal Bissouma (or whoever's at 6) is to the system and how we build through the press.

Games like today, it's largely irrelevant, there was no press. Bissouma's remit was just to mind the shop and try to help us shuffle the ball to more creative players.

I thought he had an excellent game today, always willing to take the ball in any position and dynamic enough to not panic when pressed.

He's a really good player and I'm glad we have him.

He’s a very inconsistent player. Had a great start to the season, played very well for 8 games up until the Luton game but has been very average since. Could very well find himself as a squad player, we really do need to bring in a top quality number 8 for next season

Yeah, he hasn't been at his best for a while but not really sure how he had a poor game yesterday.

We controlled the game and he was a big help. He completed 115!!! Passes yesterday with a 95% pass completion.

Hopefully this is the start of him going back to what we know he can do. Him, Sarr and Maddison against Villa please.

Yeah, he hasn't been at his best for a while but not really sure how he had a poor game yesterday.

We controlled the game and he was a big help. He completed 115!!! Passes yesterday with a 95% pass completion.

Hopefully this is the start of him going back to what we know he can do. Him, Sarr and Maddison against Villa please.

I didn’t watch live and knowing the score gives you a colder perspective to watch the game.

Thought Biss was very good as a defensive mid. Won the ball back and dominated Palace. All that’s missing is the eye catching ball carries against pressure. Hard to do that when Palace weren’t pressing.

I think people miss early season Biss because they miss early season Spurs and they associate those ball carries with both. From what I saw yesterday, Biss is well on his way back to being one of the best DMs in the prem.

Back
Top Bottom