West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyway, I need a single malt and some soothing jazz. Onwards and sideways!
nice GIF

Yeah .. I thought so. I mean, pretty much nobody other than you appears happy with doing nothing against West Ham for 85 minutes, but go ahead and compete for that happy clapper award if it means that much to you, man.

View: https://x.com/xGPhilosophy/status/1775270144140513356?s=20

The goal was probably what, 0.8xG? So yeah, 85 minutes of fuck all. Which is good, somehow, but you can't explain why. Nice one.

To be fair, I would think their XG was made up of their goal and Antonio’s 1v1 which was a foul and never should have happened.

I didn’t hate that game, I’d rather be the side trying to ground down the bus - even with blunt forwards - than the bus.

As we see with sides like City and Liverpool, it’s tough to play against the bus and West Ham are the best bus in the PL right now.

We need better forwards with cleverer feet - a la Liverpool, City etc to break the bus. This is where a Doku type can help, he commits people, can go both ways and past people. Cause some chaos.

Ange’s subs absolutely killed us. Kulusevski and Sarr for Maddison and Bentancur weakened both positions in a creative sense. Should have just swapped out Bentancur for Lo Celso (or Kulusevski) and Son should have gone for Richarlison much Sooner, he’s crap as a 9 in a game like this and Werner is actually better out wide than Son.

Last edited:
Seriously though, to go to the next level we don't need another 3 OK players, we need a real diamond ... another Bale or Kane.

You don't get to sign that level of player until your team is already the finished article (or at least considered a long-standing member of the elite).

It's happens every week. Apart from villa away, it's just been moments in many games of us playing Angeball often resulting in us scrapping wins. Other then that it looks closer to Conteball with better players then he had last season.
Wow. Be prepared for loads of X's. I agree with you whole heartedly Poch, Jose. Conté and now Ange all had/have the same problem

Why should there be a chasm? It's the premier league and our owners probably spend about the same as theirs do on wages and transfer fees.

I wouldn't swap our front line for theirs, nor their MF, nor their backline and definitely not the keepers either.
Because people are talking on here like we can rock up there like its Sheff Utd and twat them by 3 or 4. Our side is a bit better, thats it. If we want to seriously challenge we need to improve pretty much everywhere.

To be fair, I would think their XG was made up of their goal and Antonio’s 1v1 which was a foul and never should have happened.

I didn’t hate that game, I’d rather be the side trying to ground down the bus - even with blunt forwards - than the bus.

As we see with sides like City and Liverpool, it’s tough to play against the bus and West Ham are the best bus in the PL right now.

We need better forwards with cleveter feet - a la Liverpool, City etc to break the bus. This is where a Doku type can help, he commits people, can go both ways and past people. Cause some chaos.

Ange’s subs absolutely killed us. Kulusevski and Sarr for Maddison and Bentancur weakened both positions in a creative sense. Should have just swapped out Bentancur for Lo Celso (or Kulusevski) and Son should have gone for Richarlison much Sooner, he’s crap as a 9 in a game like this and Werner is actually better out wide than Son.
Son for rich was obvious from about 60 mins, probably earlier

Stop walking it about!
That is really pissing me off now! Every gane we play like it’s a training session , stroll in the park and we are 5-0 up. There no urgency in our play at all. Free kicks corners etc we take forever. I remeber earlier in the season MADDs would take quick free kicks. The only who does try to play quickly and quick passes is Gio. The rest just think we have won the game already. Even Vic could do some quick throw outs or kicks to the wide players to at least give them the chance to run at their defence.

Because people are talking on here like we can rock up there like its Sheff Utd and twat them by 3 or 4. Our side is a bit better, thats it. If we want to seriously challenge we need to improve pretty much everywhere.
We should have twatted them by 4 at home but coudln't finish.

I definitely agree that we need some serious investment in key areas this summer. They will invest as well though.

I’d take Kudus and Bowen without blinking.

Seriously, we need to stop blowing smoke up our attackers. They’re not that good.
Our attackers are excellent.
We have scored more goals this season after 30 games than in our entire EPL history.
You will get games when individual players are not firing on all 6 but they tend to come back in the next game.
I am hoping that Richi gets back to full fitness and starts again.

Realistically you wont create that many clear cut chances when the opponent has 10 in the box. We did have numerous shots that were blocked, Sonny had a great look that was blasted over the bar, the werner cut in and shot that got deflected out for a corner. Ndongie at the end plus a fair few that flashed across the box. Its not like you're going to get one on ones or anything like that. That foul on the edge of the box that wasnt given was criminal.
West Ham always play that way.

And they've conceded 55 goals this season. That's like 2 a game.

Weird, that means other - and worse - teams than us have managed to score a few & even beat them, whereas we took one solitary point off them across two games. And without Vic it'd be a big friggin 0.

Erm he plays for West Ham. Team possession is not related to any individual, he plays in a negative system. When he got the ball he was a class act (that little spin past Bentancur and shot that just went past the post for example) but he had limited actually opportunities to do that. It was blatantly obvious he's a class act.

I thought he was the most obviously quality footballer on the pitch other than Van de Ven who is imperious.

I think he's a decent player who didn't do much. The best example you could come up with was a missed shot.

Probably already been said but that referee is one of the worst in the league and that is saying something

Back
Top Bottom