Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Options:

Kill VAR official and his family.
Take it on the chin.

Evangelos-Marinakis-806399.jpg

Looks like his chin is already full.
Which chin?

This is why VAR needs to be sacked off. Those decisions were beyond pathetic and obviously based on the result that the operator wanted..
Every VAR operator supports a premier league club and that is why it will never be fair.

It won't change the response but you can't just let it go. Nottm have been on the wrong end multiple times this season and had a few apologies sent their way.

They warned about a Luton fan official and it cost them. That official should be investigated and made to explain his reasons.
I agree but where does one draw the line in placing a ref / VAR who has no link whatsoever to a rival. Foreign refs work for me but I don't see that being practical. But yes, having a Luton fan in a relegation 6 pointer isn't smart. By definition one questions the integrity of refs / VAR and when that point is reached then I'm not sure what the way forward is.

You would have thought he must have drafted or cleared the response. Must have, otherwise what's the point of him being there if someone else did?
Agree, but it's really embarrassing ain't it?

I get it if his role is to educate the players and coaching staff of the laws, maybe devise sessions on how to pressure refs without getting yellows, or how to dive without making it obvious or work with set piece coach on obstructing goal 'keepers without getting pinged etc.. But writing these letters does nothing other to probably instigate potentially a fine for the Club.

You can think the outburst is petty or not but the fact is, until this happens more we're going to continue to have ridiculous decisions happen.

It's about time all refs were accountable. Get the mic feed live.

They've made a rod for their own back by stopping a ref being put in charge of Liverpool games. They've basically said they don't trust refs to be impartial so, if the Luton thing is true, they've fucked it.

Agree, but it's really embarrassing ain't it?

I get it if his role is to educate the players and coaching staff of the laws, maybe devise sessions on how to pressure refs without getting yellows, or how to dive without making it obvious or work with set piece coach on obstructing goal 'keepers without getting pinged etc.. But writing these letters does nothing other to probably instigate potentially a fine for the Club.
As we know from the 2016 game at Stamford Bridge, Clattenburg likes to do things his own way, and sod the rulebook.

Back
Top Bottom