Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've often wondered if with the advent of social media and forums and the now upbringing of kids that have never known a world before it if these players actively seek out our opinions and what would happen. Can't help but wonder if he even takes a peek and sees people relentlessly calling him our weakest link.

Of course he does. I bet every player regularly view threads relating to them on this and other forums.

Can't see that being the case - you'd go mental within a few pages if you realised people were calling you out, correctly or not.

I bet a few of them read the papers but generally, a lot of the banter is around who's got what rating on FIFA or FM.

I think someone coercively tried to convert a LW into a LB and the result is not very good. He may have speed, the odd decent pass, and occasional good entry to the box yet he looks mortified every time a decent winger is on his side and keeps creating massive holes that allows the opposition to exploit our already weak defence.

I know he has some fans but I don't see him as a top 10 material let alone a starting LB for a CL (pretender) contesting side.

My BIGGEST irritation with Danny Rose is that on the occasions when he does get caught too far up the field, imo he does not (or barely) makes any effort hauling his ass to help the CBs and cover his mistake.

...And it's not like he doesn't have the speed or stamina to do that ... He does.
I noticed so many times that in these situations his reaction looked like, "Fuck ... Oh, Jan will take care of it."

But we get screwed!
FFS Danny, look at your opposite companion at the other side of the field as an example!

Danny Rose is a microcosm of everything wrong at the club. Soft, dumb, all athletic ability and no concentration or direction. A product of poor coaching and man management.

His pace has been mentioned often in this thread. What does he ever do with it?

He should be nowhere near the starting 11. I would go with a back 3 before having such a weak link in our team. The fact that we did not sign a left back ruined our season, our morale (vert is pissed off, he is either playing left back or he has a wet paper bag next to him) and our team shape.

The decision making at this club is a joke. I can't wrap my head around how little we seem to know about the basics of football. Eriksen and Rose on the left? It's like a huge flourecent sign PLEASE ATTACK US HERE ON COUNTERS OPPOSITION MANAGER.

Its depressing. We dont deserve CL football because we are so fucking stupid. I sound harsh but we have to recognize this. AVB, Timmy, Rose, Lennon, Daws, Townsend etc have derped around all season. At least Defoe is no longer here. We have to remove the remedial buildup from this club. I don't know what the fuck we were thinking relying on the Danny Roses of the world.

obviously i haven't seen him as much as you lot but every time i've seen him on the telly here in the states i thought he was pretty decent. prolly my fave Spur right now.

Been very critical of him this season but I saw him put in some cracking tackles on the touchline on Sunday, that's the best I've seen him play all season, more of the same please!

Been very critical of him this season but I saw him put in some cracking tackles on the touchline on Sunday, that's the best I've seen him play all season, more of the same please!

Do you mean yesterday's game? I thought that was one of his worst performances in a Spurs shirt. So bad that he even made Naughton look like a professional footballer.

Do you mean yesterday's game? I thought that was one of his worst performances in a Spurs shirt. So bad that he even made Naughton look like a professional footballer.

I was sat on the touchline next to the southampton players, (so he was closest to me 2nd half). Maybe he was doing some terrible shit in the 1st half???

Either way he looked pretty good from where I was sitting, maybe I need to get up in the stands like Sherwood....:sherwoodlol:

I was sat on the touchline next to the southampton players, (so he was closest to me 2nd half). Maybe he was doing some terrible shit in the 1st half???

Either way he looked pretty good from where I was sitting, maybe I need to get up in the stands like Sherwood....:sherwoodlol:

So that's why Timmy does it!

I just found it frustrating watching our moves break down every single time Rose got the ball. He did get a few decent tackles in, but in terms of getting forward and being an attacking threat, I thought he was terrible.

Isn't alot of the problem though more than Rose and quite tactical in nature. We have Eriksen playing on the left as a false winger, fair enough if thats need to get Chadli in the centre where he is best and if like yesterday Eriksen is given free reign to go where he likes then fine. However that means our width on the left is entirely in the hands of Rose a man who is an average crosser and lazy at covering.

At the same time on the right we have Townsend, Lennon and Walker who can't put in a good cross if there lives depended on it, so in summary our wing play is shit. Wouldn't it be better to play Walker and Fryers as full backs and tell them to be more defensive. Chelsea for example play 4 defenders and 2 central midfielders in a defensive manner and are hard to break down, but their front 4 have great freedom to to attack where they link and they seem not dependent on wingers. The only reason I say this is because we can't cross a ball that well and we don't really have the players for crosses either, is it really worth having attacking full backs if the cost is a weak defence.

Back
Top Bottom