Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
In all honesty the feeling I have over Andros is that he is a fantastic athlete but a pretty poor footballer. His determination can't be questioned, but I think it is working against him now as he is trying too hard to do too much. When you're trying too much and too hard without the natural talent to back it up, you just end up looking like, well, like Townsend did when he came on against Liverpool. Sorry buddy, but it's not looking good.

Personally, despite his mare yesterday, I'd keep him over Lennon if we had to sell one.

IMO it's not a case of either or.

Lennon, Townsend, Naughyon and rose. All our braindead lopsided wingydingz need to stop poisoning our attack and defense with lightweight derp.

We don't need them in a 4231.

When Townsend is on form he's a fucking nightmare to play against, great to bring on from the bench and he can terrorise defenders, especially from clubs in the bottom half of the league. Don't feel comfortable with the amount of hate being aimed at a 22 year old Spurs fan from our youth set up, he isn't as efficient as a top player yet but we need someone who is direct, the only reason the press hyped him up to be Bale 2 was when he was the only player moving forward under a static AVB squad last year. I would be gutted to see him go.

IMO it's not a case of either or.

Lennon, Townsend, Naughyon and rose. All our braindead lopsided wingydingz need to stop poisoning our attack and defense with lightweight derp.

But with 8 hours to go of the window, no prospect of signing anyone other than Danny fucking Welbeck on loan or an injured Jay Rodriguez (both of which I don't think are likely) would you seriously get rid of both?

Who do we play in the 3 behind the striker if yesterday's 3 were injured: Kane, Paulinho & Dembele?

My point is, unless an upgrade is purchased its foolish to get rid of both.

When Townsend is on form he's a fucking nightmare to play against, great to bring on from the bench and he can terrorise defenders, especially from clubs in the bottom half of the league. Don't feel comfortable with the amount of hate being aimed at a 22 year old Spurs fan from our youth set up, he isn't as efficient as a top player yet but we need someone who is direct, the only reason the press hyped him up to be Bale 2 was when he was the only player moving forward under a static AVB squad last year. I would be gutted to see him go.
Maybe he got too much too early?

But with 8 hours to go of the window, no prospect of signing anyone other than Danny fucking Welbeck on loan or an injured Jay Rodriguez (both of which I don't think are likely) would you seriously get rid of both?

Who do we play in the 3 behind the striker if yesterday's 3 were injured: Kane, Paulinho & Dembele?

My point is, unless an upgrade is purchased its foolish to get rid of both.

We have so many AMs.

AMs that have had poor scoring records largely because of shit, greedy head down wingers and strikers like Defoe.

AMs who have been forced out of their natural positions to rot as holding players.

Bentaleb WAS an AM. Mason WAS an AM. Dembele WAS an AM.

These players would be better than Lennon and Townsend as backup AM's for Eriksen and Lamela.

Maybe he got too much too early?
He was completely overhyped by the press, then that fucking England goal made him savior of a nation, then he got badly injured and didn't play for 8 months. He's 22, he's played about 200 competitive minutes since his injury. Too much is expected of him, you don't often perfect your craft by his age, but I would assume come May people would of changed their views.

We have so many AMs.

AMs that have had poor scoring records largely because of shit, greedy head down wingers and strikers like Defoe.

AMs who have been forced out of their natural positions to rot as holding players.

Bentaleb WAS an AM. Mason WAS an AM. Dembele WAS an AM.

Fair point.

So given what we've got, if we were to sell those 2, what would your 1st choice midfield 2 + 3 and what would your back up 5 be?

(Also I thought Mason had gone on loan somewhere)

Fair point.

So given what we've got, if we were to sell those 2, what would your 1st choice midfield 2 + 3 and what would your back up 5 be?

(Also I thought Mason had gone on loan somewhere)

I'm a Kane advocate and think Ade is probably the most underrated creative player we have. My first team would be:

--------------Kane------------
--eriksen--ade--Lamela--

IMO Ade should be the glue that links all of our attacks.

This isn't a knee jerk. I said this before the season started.

A backup can be either Kane or Ade up front and Dembele, Mason, bentaleb, Chadli and Paulinho can all play the 3 AMs.

Capoue, Vlad and beast should be our DMs. (Plus the new signings can play there too).

I'm convinced our crappy wingers/backs are to blame for ALL of our issues. Attack and defense. With these players out of the club, our players will flourish.

Townsend going an entire prem season without an assist backs up my opinion. (Again, not a knee jerk, I claimed it before last season).

BwxeZcyIUAAAyxD.jpg:large

Aha it's hilariously pathetic. Sure he had an off game when he came on against Liverpool and was partly responsible for the goal (though why no one actually tried to closed down Moreno for me is the much bigger concern on that goal) but people are once again over reacting to one performance. I mean FFS people were hailing him as really good again after his cameo against West Ham, it's ridiculous and if there's one thing on this forum I can count on it's people going into meltdown after a loss.

Back
Top Bottom