Disagree Trolling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remove the 'Disagree' post rating

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Millbanks

Spurs - Champions Cup of Europe Winners 2011
I'm sick to death of reading genuinely good posts with '2 x disagree' at the bottom, only to find it's the same old people just trolling each others posts (as fucking pathetic as that is) disagreeing without even reading what has been said. Simply disagreeing with the person in general, in order to restore some of their own ego as they received a neg rep.

Can a daily limit be set to prevent these unemployed mongoloids traipse the forum for their BFF's posts? It's annoying to see members make good points and then just have negatives at the bottom OF EVERY POST.

Or

The people doing it could just grow up.

No doubt some funny fuckers will 'disagree' with this post. Well, go ahead. I'll disagree with every post you've ever posted on here. I don't care if I have to quit my job, I'll get through them. That'll show you. And I will win.

images

Because it's seen, rightly or wrongly, as antagonistic. If someone feels strongly enough to 'disagree', surely a few words of explanation aren't too much to expect. A 'disagree' invites further comment, an 'agree' doesn't.
Oh, I wasn't being serious. That was rhetorical nonsense on my part.

I just think that stripping away the rep system just because two or three people can't handle it is a misdiagnosis of the problem; they're the same people that can't go two weeks without spending a day or two in the bin. I really don't have a problem with someone ticking "disagree" for a post of mine. I'm a big boy and my feelings aren't going to get hurt if someone doesn't agree with me, and I really don't require an explanation either if they don't want to provide one. If that was all that was going on then I wouldn't have a problem, but it's not. This isn't about people disagreeing and failing to make up, it is about just a couple of people and one person in particular and their petty obsession to get one over on people, and it's spoiling the experience for everyone.

Hell, you and I have gotten into plenty of arguments, but we don't go around negging each other's posts just for good measure. Getting rid of the "dislike" button didn't fix anything, it just made the problem more cruelly mocking, and the board more patronizing in holding everyone to the standard of the lowest common denominator.

We could get rid of "disagree", but that's not going to solve the problem of this all simply resulting from a few shit-stirring drama queens.

Oh, I wasn't being serious. That was rhetorical nonsense on my part.

I just think that stripping away the rep system just because two or three people can't handle it is a misdiagnosis of the problem; they're the same people that can't go two weeks without spending a day or two in the bin. I really don't have a problem with someone ticking "disagree" for a post of mine. I'm a big boy and my feelings aren't going to get hurt if someone doesn't agree with me, and I really don't require an explanation either if they don't want to provide one. If that was all that was going on then I wouldn't have a problem, but it's not. This isn't about people disagreeing and failing to make up, it is about just a couple of people and one person in particular and their petty obsession to get one over on people, and it's spoiling the experience for everyone.

Hell, you and I have gotten into plenty of arguments, but we don't go around negging each other's posts just for good measure. Getting rid of the "dislike" button didn't fix anything, it just made the problem more cruelly mocking, and the board more patronizing in holding everyone to the standard of the lowest common denominator.

We could get rid of "disagree", but that's not going to solve the problem of this all simply resulting from a few shit-stirring drama queens.
If I post that woolwich are great and I get 1000 disagrees, I don't need an explanation, but in the Jennings thread (and I admit it made me laugh) Jayc1 said 'just saw a dog' and Arcy disagreed :dawsonlol:

If I post that woolwich are great and I get 1000 disagrees, I don't need an explanation, but in the Jennings thread (and I admit it made me laugh) Jayc1 said 'just saw a dog' and Arcy disagreed :dawsonlol:
I loved a couple of weeks ago when people were posting their top scores in Crossy Road and Arc was dishing out disagrees and mocking people for spending too much time playing games.

I loved a couple of weeks ago when people were posting their top scores in Crossy Road and Arc was dishing out disagrees and mocking people for spending too much time playing games.
I think I ignored that thread, but you two have a bit of history? A disagree from Arc is like a badge of honour really. I've noticed Yack the Yid and Jayc1 are the new Arc and Chicken Tonight.

I'm sick to death of reading genuinely good posts with '2 x disagree' at the bottom, only to find it's the same old people just trolling each others posts (as fucking pathetic as that is) disagreeing without even reading what has been said. Simply disagreeing with the person in general, in order to restore some of their own ego as they received a neg rep.

Can a daily limit be set to prevent these unemployed mongoloids traipse the forum for their BFF's posts? It's annoying to see members make good points and then just have negatives at the bottom OF EVERY POST.

Or

The people doing it could just grow up.

No doubt some funny fuckers will 'disagree' with this post. Well, go ahead. I'll disagree with every post you've ever posted on here. I don't care if I have to quit my job, I'll get through them. That'll show you. And I will win.
I hope for your sake that arcy doesn't disagree with that....you may need a few other people to quit their jobs too...

Back
Top Bottom