Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our top four most expensive signings:

Soldado
Lamela
Paulinho
Bent

I know it's an appalling list and shows we really need to improve how we select players when we spend big money, my point was that it shouldn't put us off spending good money to improve our first 11, we just need to scout better I guess.

No we thought who was bargain basement.
Spurs proudly have become pick a pocket or two club.
Faginomics is the way ahead while ripping off
fans with repulsive ticket costs.
This seems right to me. We sold Livermore and Sandro for about £16 million, and brought in Stambouli. I don't think we know what he cost, but it was supposed to be £5-6 million. If we had put the money together instead and reinvested in one player, that is more than United paid for e.g. Daley Blind.
Fazio is was also undisclosed, but it could be that he was more or less a straight swap with Dawson ... which is actually fair enough -- pretty similar but a few less miles on the clock.

Stambouli is 23 or 24 isn't he? Still fits the youngish player model. And he could be good, we haven't seen enough of him however and that doesn't help anyone. Roberts looks like his development has stopped, I watched the england u19s match replay against italy which was a while back and he has skill but doesn't do much. Alli played well however. Also apparently roberts doesn't play much for fulham at any age group so make of that what you will. 15 mil is far too much for him

Since the loss in the cup final i have been more excited for the preseason than the current one. I can't wait to see new faces amongst it like we saw with Mason last year.

"A French-speaking clique made up of Adebayor, Kaboul, Stambouli and Capoue are all determined not to leave the club if it means accepting a reduction in their salaries."

If that's true it probably explains why we don't see them much, here for the money not the football. I think I will almost be celebrating the clear out of the deadwood as much as any new signings in the summer.

Stambouli is 23 or 24 isn't he? Still fits the youngish player model. And he could be good, we haven't seen enough of him however and that doesn't help anyone. Roberts looks like his development has stopped, I watched the england u19s match replay against italy which was a while back and he has skill but doesn't do much. Alli played well however. Also apparently roberts doesn't play much for fulham at any age group so make of that what you will. 15 mil is far too much for him
I think he has shown more than some of the others when he has played as well, he is worth keeping for another season at least.

Hopefully this Summer is gonna be reminiscent of my FIFA 15 careers ...

giphy.gif

- Ade, Soldado, Paulo, Capoue, Kaboom, Vlad : Sell

- Stambouli : Sell?
(It's a downright mystery why he doesn't play; I've always liked what I've seen of him. But if Poch doesn't play him, then most likely he doesn't rate him either.)

- Dembele : Sell?
(Kinda same as above. Imo, we're a much better team when he's playing. I hope he isn't sold.)

... It's gonna be an interesting window.

Hopefully this Summer is gonna be reminiscent of my FIFA 15 careers ...
- Vlad : Sell,

... It's gonna be an interesting window.
Reckon we should sell him? He was very good when he came, then went through a rocky patch. I think he has done OK recently though, he is getting better and it is very handy that he can cover 2 positions.

Reckon we should sell him? He was very good when he came, then went through a rocky patch. I think he has done OK recently though, he is getting better and it is very handy that he can cover 2 positions.
Vlad's not a terrible player or anything. But he's just a bit too volatile for my liking. He's not gonna ever be a regular starter for us, imo, and I'd rather get someone with a better track record.

I really hope Alderweireld's statements were actually a hint of joining us. With him and Wimmer (probably), Verts, Dier, and Fazio, I think that's a pretty diverse yet stable group of CBs.

And as for the RB position, we have Walker (whose recent form, I think is just a little road bump for him) and Yedlin. And we also got two promising youngsters coming up. So hopefully that's sorted.

The genius that is Levy sold are 2nd choice established right back only to leave us with an MLS rookie, oh and walker is injured. The squad is not the problem, it is the clown who keeps buying deadweight that is the problem.Levy should ship himself out this summer.

The genius that is Levy sold are 2nd choice established right back only to leave us with an MLS rookie, oh and walker is injured. The squad is not the problem, it is the clown who keeps buying deadweight that is the problem.Levy should ship himself out this summer.
Please, he was the 2nd choice based only on being physically present. Let's not act like Levy got rid of a real talent from the squad.

Please, he was the 2nd choice based only on being physically present. Let's not act like Levy got rid of a real talent from the squad.
He'd have been handy in the short term right now, but selling Naughton was absolutely the right thing to do.

There's no way he'd be getting priority over the up-and-coming RBs on our books, and we got pretty good money for him (partially due to the timing of the sale).

I find the fact Stambouli has been virtually given no chance to prove himself somewhat poor from Poch. Unless of course this has been another classic Baldini / Levy forced signing in which case - I can only despair on how we continuously manage to piss away millions on average semi-cloggers

I find the fact Stambouli has been virtually given no chance to prove himself somewhat poor from Poch. Unless of course this has been another classic Baldini / Levy forced signing in which case - I can only despair on how we continuously manage to piss away millions on average semi-cloggers

Get the feeling it's one of our second rate buys when we couldn't or wouldn't hit the proper target, obviously refering to Schneiderlin. if the Goal article is true (take with a pinch of salt) and he is just happy to take the money then it's another crap buy. From viewing him I think he is a good footballer but has a serious lack of pace.

Lamela is an investment, and I am certain he is going to work out. He is going to be a Tottenham legend I tell you!
He's certainly going to be remembered in years to come. When he's tearing it up for someone like AEL Limassol in a few years, we're all going to be wondering what could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom