Pochettino has brought the passion back

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok if your criticism is so coded that us mere mortals cannot understand then please break it down. And yes I get that some of his tactics/team selection have been a bit off and in your opinion he should be using more than just 14-15 players of the squad.

As for expectations that a valid question and I cannot remember specifically asking you for your expectations before, I remember debating your criticism of him, you have been so negative recently of him that it gives the impression you may want him out, correct me if I am wrong. I am curious to know what your red lines are as it where, when does I am not liking this at the moment become #Pochout.

That was a remarkably defensive response from you by the way, I wasn't criticising.
My expectations are coherent football and effort
tactical flexibility
Better final place than season before

Listen i hate them as much as the next but too say you wouldn like to be in there position is laughable, a couple of seasons ago we were neck and neck and now we sit 12 points behind them, as for there cup couldn care less cup competitions can be about luck sometimes its the league that foesn lie.

Then laugh away..

11 years ago Woolwich won the league for the 2nd time in 3 years and were runners up in the other year.
We finished 14th 10th and 12th in those 3 years.

They have fallen quite considerably in those 11 years where we have improved.

Plus they are Cunts and we are not so i'd still rather be us than them thanks.

My expectations are coherent football and effort
tactical flexibility
Better final place than season before

coherent football and effort - Had that for quite a bit of the season until last month or two.
tactical flexibility - won't get that with Poch much
Better final place than season before - considering the state of our sqaud unlikely this season and never expected much although I would expect next year to be aiming higher if we clear out the deadwood and strengthen properly during the summer.

Thats been true for at best, 5 games
When was that 2-3 weeks?

The ten game unbeaten run, doesnt include the capitulation against Leicester in the fa cup does it?
Ok yes we haven't won all our games this season. What that your expectation? Teams lose. That's football. We have, and always will lose to 'lesser opposition' as we see ourselves as one of the 5 or 6 best teams in the country. Think we're always going to beat every team below us? We'd be fuckin Champions!! And we are not. Not by a long shot.

Where has this expectation come from, whereby losing to Leicester, a fellow Premier League team, is a disgrace? We're not entitled to beat them, nor anyone.

Honestly, the way people talk is as if we're Bayern Munich.

WE'VE BEEN SHIT ALL SEASON - yet we're 7th and 7 points of 4th with 18 points to play for.

How did you cope when we were a bog-standard, mid-table team? I bet you moaned less.

Hundreds of thousands of football fans would wish they were 'as shit as us' to be in 7th and still in with a shout of 5th, who knows even 4th if City continue to play like they are. Sure, it's unlikely we'll win our last 6 games, but I can see City dropping at least 7 points with their run in, which essentially puts our fate in our hands.

Sure, it won't happen, but all this talk of 'we've been gash all year' is total bollocks. We've played some superb football at times, we have an exceptionally young squad that needs some real quality adding to it. We've reached a cup final, beaten Woolwich, dicked Chelsea. It's hardly a Christian Gross season...

spurfect In Rodgers' first season Liverpool finished 7th, then next season once the team started to understand his tactics and he got some players in he liked they finished 2nd. I can't believe people are actually considering replacing Poch with someone else already. Have some fucking patience, I'm thrilled we'll have the same manager for two seasons in a row.

Unfortunatly it looks that way

Agree with the cunts part LOL.
Yes i know but youre going back ten yearz or more im talking about current squads in the last couple of years when we were battling with them for cl football, they have progessed slightly and we have regressed its reality we had 100million to spend abd we bought very average. Poch needs time i understand that but i really think that only for Kane we would all be pretty upset with this campaign.

I agree, Kane has got us out of jail a few times, and i'll be the first to admit, I never thought he'd have this impact or even thought he'd make it to the first team on a regular basis.
yes we spent 100m badly but we are still in the black for net spend, none of this is Poch's fault.
in order for us to progress we need to stop getting rid of managers and back the one we have..

And he wanted another job. Publicly, he wanted another job. His recent interview once again confirmed this, as well as his autobiography where he admits he was already putting plans in place, speaking with Brendan Rodgers to be his #2 (whilst he was in a job, don't forget).

Not worthy of Spurs. I'd rather finish 7th under Poch than have such an arrogant, self-obsessed, media-obeying prick in charge of our club.

Fuck, I'd rather finish 10th under Hoddle than that.

Pretty sure Hoddle openly talked about his dream of getting the Tottenham job whilst managing other teams.

But keep arguing your point aganst no one and sidestepping the actual greivances if it makes your case stronger

My case stronger? Please do not mistake me for one of these losers who actually care about 'winning' the internet argument.

I'm merely giving my thoughts for other people to read and perhaps have something interesting for me to read in response.

Who would you expect to be in the top 4. Chavs, City, ManU and either one of Woolwich, Liverpool or us.
It's not a given we should finish in 4th, especially with the resources that the first 4 have.
The year we qualified for the CL City were not entrenched.
We were probably on a par with Woolwich because they could not spend big. It's no doubt the dough they have been able to spend this season has improved them.
Now, seeing as Liverpool nearly one the title last season they should be more pissed than us.
We are a club with a stadium of 36k.
Villa have an average attendance of 36k and a better capacity.
Everton are on a par with us for size.
So are Spam.
We do better.
Until we get the resources even if we do manage to get into the top 4 it will be hard to stay there.
At the moment we need a manager who can keep us there and there about whilst playing decent stuff.
Get used to it, there is not going to be any money to spend for a while.
I cannot see anyone leaving for ยฃm's except Lloris.
Unfortunately, we spent unwisely with the last lump.
Hopefully we can unearth some decent players and stay in at least 5th. If we break into the top 4 then fantastic. However, if anyone thinks that Tottenham Hotspur should finish 4th or above every single season in this day and age they are unrealistic.
For a club of our actual size we do extremely well.
FFP will start to take effect and could level the playing field considerably by the time we have a bigger stadium.
Liverpool will also have more resources.
Maybe then we can start to think about challenging the big 3.

Ok yes we haven't won all our games this season. What that your expectation? Teams lose. That's football. We have, and always will lose to 'lesser opposition' as we see ourselves as one of the 5 or 6 best teams in the country. Think we're always going to beat every team below us? We'd be fuckin Champions!! And we are not. Not by a long shot.

Where has this expectation come from, whereby losing to Leicester, a fellow Premier League team, is a disgrace? We're not entitled to beat them, nor anyone.

Honestly, the way people talk is as if we're Bayern Munich.

WE'VE BEEN SHIT ALL SEASON - yet we're 7th and 7 points of 4th with 18 points to play for.

How did you cope when we were a bog-standard, mid-table team? I bet you moaned less.

Hundreds of thousands of football fans would wish they were 'as shit as us' to be in 7th and still in with a shout of 5th, who knows even 4th if City continue to play like they are. Sure, it's unlikely we'll win our last 6 games, but I can see City dropping at least 7 points with their run in, which essentially puts our fate in our hands.

Sure, it won't happen, but all this talk of 'we've been gash all year' is total bollocks. We've played some superb football at times, we have an exceptionally young squad that needs some real quality adding to it. We've reached a cup final, beaten Woolwich, dicked Chelsea. It's hardly a Christian Gross season...
Yes we reached a final, but lost.

Yes the Woolwich performances were good, but we 90% of the time we raise our game against them. Chelsea was fantastic yes, but what about United away? Liverpool at home?

What about the amount of shit performances though, they heavily out weigh the good.

The odd dodgy game is acceptable but i see nothing that tells me that our manager has any sort of idea what he is doing at the minute - his team selections are fucking baffling.

Poor results wouldnt be so bad if we were unlucky, the keeper having a blinder etc, but not when we arent creating a single clear cut chance, these poor results are coming from piss poor performances.

Liverpool went from 7th to 2nd sure. Will we go to 2nd next season, no chance with our current board.

Also it's not just about finishing top 4, or even 5th, more importantly it's about trophies, and under ENIC it's our worst trophy haul for over sixty years, for a club of our size that is not doing 'extremely well', in fact it's not even doing well, it's downright poor and unacceptable.

Liverpool went from 7th to 2nd sure. Will we go to 2nd next season, no chance with our current board.

Also it's not just about finishing top 4, or even 5th, more importantly it's about trophies, and under ENIC it's our worst trophy haul for over sixty years, for a club of our size that is not doing 'extremely well', in fact it's not even doing well, it's downright poor and unacceptable.

Greavsey,

Liverpool have also gone from 2nd to where ever they end up this season and this after spending over 100m.

I agree our trophy haul has been poor but I dont think you can compare clubs to that of 60 years ago or even 20 years ago..It's all about money these days, money that wasn't a part of the game all those years ago.
Chelsea and Man City are the two big clubs these days and they are the two that have been bought out by zillionaire tycoons.
It's a sad reality i'm afraid but to win everything you have to have one of these owners, and we all know we haven't.

I agree. It's funny though, because I bet 60/70% of fans are fucked off with ENIC/Levy. But I bet 60/70% of fans wouldn't want a rich arab either coming in and buying the best players because "it's buying success".

So what is the answer? Serious question.

spurfect In Rodgers' first season Liverpool finished 7th, then next season once the team started to understand his tactics and he got some players in he liked they finished 2nd. I can't believe people are actually considering replacing Poch with someone else already. Have some fucking patience, I'm thrilled we'll have the same manager for two seasons in a row.

Brenden Rodgers 1st season

P38 W16 D13 L9 PTS61

Liverpool previous season before his reign

P38 W14 D10 L14 PTS52

An improvement of 9 points in his 1st season in charge.

Poch

Last season

P38 W21 D6 L11 PTS69

This season

P32 W16 D6 L10 PTS54

Yes, the season is not finished yet but I seriously doubt he can finish with 70 points or more.

Yes we reached a final, but lost.

Yes the Woolwich performances were good, but we 90% of the time we raise our game against them. Chelsea was fantastic yes, but what about United away? Liverpool at home?

What about the amount of shit performances though, they heavily out weigh the good.

The odd dodgy game is acceptable but i see nothing that tells me that our manager has any sort of idea what he is doing at the minute - his team selections are fucking baffling.

Poor results wouldnt be so bad if we were unlucky, the keeper having a blinder etc, but not when we arent creating a single clear cut chance, these poor results are coming from piss poor performances.
So reaching the final isn't an achievement in itself? We played the best team in the country, and they beat us. With two deflected goals. Hard luck.

What about United away? And Liverpool at home? You seem to think it's a disgrace we lose to any team below us, now you're not happy losing to teams above us either? So essentially, we should never lose otherwise we've not met your expectations?

Stoke beat City at the Etihad. Chelsea lost at home to Bradford. It happens. Just happens to us more, as we're not as good.

I disagree that shit performances heavily outweigh the good. Just my opinion.

Agree that team selections are strange. So many players on the periphery with no chance of a start, it seems.

It's only the last two games that we haven't created fuck all. Don't let that blind your opinion of the rest of the season.

T

hIs is my point people call for consistency with managers yet we finished on 72 points with AVB and people were happy to get rid of him, now were all creaming over poch like he is the fucking messiah.

No one is creaming over Poch as if he is the messiah at all..Why do you keep saying that?

What people are saying is he has made a few mistakes but we HAVE to stick with him and give him time instead of sacking every manager that doesn't make top 4.

coherent football and effort - Had that for quite a bit of the season until last month or two.
tactical flexibility - won't get that with Poch much
Better final place than season before - considering the state of our sqaud unlikely this season and never expected much although I would expect next year to be aiming higher if we clear out the deadwood and strengthen properly during the summer.

The reason our coherent football came to an end is because of our tactical inflexibility.
For me thats a massive problem.

As for league places, if we are not at least finishing the same, or playing good football, we are going backwards. End of.

My case stronger? Please do not mistake me for one of these losers who actually care about 'winning' the internet argument.

I'm merely giving my thoughts for other people to read and perhaps have something interesting for me to read in response.

Oh...so when you argue online, its all very righteous, but the rest are losers for merely giving their thoughts....got it

Back
Top Bottom