Swansea v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we need some of Ballotellli's "why always us" t-shirts.

It sounds silly but we do always seem to play teams that have additional incentives to win when we play them.

I'm pretty sure we had west broms first game under Pulis after a run of everyone spanking them.

We have so many ex players in the league almost all of the mid range teams have players out to prove a point against us too.
:walkercry:

Its getting a bit silly now....we had 19 shots and 11 on target. Our two goals were set pieces.

Its not unfair that we messed up our chances or they defended them. Its a football match. The opposition want to win as much as we do, and its got nothing to do with everyone wanting to beat Spurs more. Utter nonsense.

If I remember rightly, Lloris was the one who made a world class save at 2-2, so it could be said that we were the lucky ones not to lose in some ways....

Its getting a bit silly now....we had 19 shots and 11 on target. Our two goals were set pieces.

Its not unfair that we messed up our chances or they defended them. Its a football match. The opposition want to win as much as we do, and its got nothing to do with everyone wanting to beat Spurs more. Utter nonsense.

If I remember rightly, Lloris was the one who made a world class save at 2-2, so it could be said that we were the lucky ones not to lose in some ways....

Are you feeling okay?

The 4th debacle is fucking laughable....people who spoke of 4th were labelled unrealistic and self entitled in August, when they pointed out that Levy had messed the window up.

One good week of performances, and now maybe its our target again..

I thought we couldnt compete with Chelsea? I thought Utd had outspent us making 4th impossible?
I thought we needed players on 200 grand a week?

Nope. Just a balanced squad. What a shame we messed that up.....again, when some of those "elite" clubs are looking like Sunday League.....again.

Last edited:

who are you?
and why are you posting as sammyspurs?

not sure i believe that.
unless levy seriously thinks we should get 4th with this squad?
i dont think even he expects poch to get us 4th with 1 striker & the other squad weaknesses.

unless u mean we want it in the same way that i want to win the lotto but dont buy a ticket.

Swansea have played 4 home games, won 2 (against Rags and Barcodes) and drawn against us and Everton.

They have the fourth best home record in the league.

What is wrong with some spurs fans? Swansea are a bloody good side who have beaten united at home. Why do we think we have the god given right to win every game? Yes I would of been pissed off had we lost today but instead we got a decent draw in which we probably deserved more. We are on a decent run and this vibrant young spurs side are now unbeaten in the league since opening day. We have lost only 1 league game all season. We are currently only 3 points behind 2nd place. What more do you want? We are ticking along nicely and have an excellent team there.

Who are you and what have you done with Don Corleone Don Corleone ?

Totally agree with your post mind.

:pochlol:

Sammy your jumping in half way through a conversation - that was tongue in cheek btw - and getting ur nickers in a twist for no reason.

Nothing I said had anything to do with the Swansea result. We were JOKING about how "typical" it is that we have to play Liverpool, who have been shit, the first game after their new manager takes over.

I never said Swansea were incentivised to beat us.

The 4th debacle is fucking laughable....people who spoke of 4th were labelled unrealistic and self entitled in August, when they pointed out that Levy had messed the window up.

One good week of performances, and now maybe its our target again..

I though we couldnt compete with Chelsea? I thought Utd had outspent us making 4th impossible?
I thought we needed players on 200 grand a week?

Nope. Just a balanced squad. What a shame we messed that up.....again, when some of those "elite" clubs are looking like Sunday League.....again.
If there was a time to push for top 4, it would be this season. The league is very weak at the moment, and it pains me to see us getting these draws against opposition we should be winning against. We have to capitalize on their losses, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Woolwich will only get better...

If there was a time to push for top 4, it would be this season. The league is very weak at the moment, and it pains me to see us getting these draws against opposition we should be winning against. We have to capitalize on their losses, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Woolwich will only get better...
As will we. Young team, new players. It takes time and we look rather good right now so hopefully we can get even better.

true. long way to go yet though. so im not getting my hopes too high of finishing above them.
fingers crossed they are crap all year though.

i expect them to spend in january. so we need to try & get a decent gap between us whilst they are playing crap.
We need consistency & the ability to replace Harry & rest Dier. But that comes from above ? Poch can take us there. He is no mug. Will he get the time or the backing? Ask levy. Anything we fail to achieve starts with Daniel & finishes with another manager.

Man Utd have one striker as well, a striker on the worst run of his career who hasn't scored a goal outside of OT in a year-would any of you say top 4 isn't their ambition?
Nonsense-we obvs wanted Berahino very specifically and didn't get him because a chairman was making a point, surprised we had no back up plan but there you go-we deal with it. We only had one striker last season and two empty shirts who we got rid of and we look far more dangerous now.
7 unbeaten and playing well, everyone needs to relax.
Who could forsee Kane being so poor in front of goal as well?

Man Utd have one striker as well, a striker on the worst run of his career who hasn't scored a goal outside of OT in a year-would any of you say top 4 isn't their ambition?
Nonsense-we obvs wanted Berahino very specifically and didn't get him because a chairman was making a point, surprised we had no back up plan but there you go-we deal with it. We only had one striker last season and two empty shirts who we got rid of and we look far more dangerous now.
7 unbeaten and playing well, everyone needs to relax.
Who could forsee Kane being so poor in front of goal as well?
I didn't think he would look this poor infront of goal but i did have concerns he would suffer from burn out when he was picked for the England under 21's in the summer. He needs to be rested to be honest but sadly we don't have a back up striker (which was a mental decision tbh).
4th is still very much on in my opinion providing we stay close to the pack come January AND sign a striker in the next transfer window. What are the chances of both those things happening? i would say the first is likely and the second is unlikely.

No one could have predicted Chelsea's fall from grace this season or in fact that every team that are in with a shout of the top four seems more than capable of dropping points even at home. It's like no one really wants to win the league.

I think that's why people's expectations have changed with regard to where we can potentially finish this year. We don't look consistently convincing, but neither does anyone else.

Still more consistent than we have been for a while though, especially at the back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom