FAZIO CAME, HE SAW, HE SAID NO - West Brom vs Tottenham 15:00 Saturday 5th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think people's expectations for results in individual games are a little out of whack. The Premier League has changed pretty significantly over the past few years because of the TV money. All these mid-table clubs have improved a lot and they are nicking more points. I'll bet the League winner and the fourth place finisher end with a lower point total than we are used to.

Point being that we (like the other top six sides) can't expect to beat all these "shit" teams anymore. Although we were bad today, we got a point. Disappointed with our play, but in the new Prem, I'll take the result.

Surprised me on the pod to hear someone say Eriksen was the worst player in the team at the moment and challenged the others to say who is worse, which they couldn't. He's right isn't he? Kick up the arse dropping I think.
who's the better player u would replace him with though?

Onwards and upwards, bad game today no doubt about it. Looked tired for some reason, even with 6 days of rest. Hopefully we won't put out our strongest starting 11 against Moncao

I agree with that to a point but we do need to be winning more games , a couple of defeats for instance and it looks far from impressive imo , 6 wins by December isn't great let's be honest , I do have faith in this team and manager but just stating that we do need to start winning more
Yes but a couple of extra wins and we'd be top of the league and I assume we aren't complaining that we aren't topping the table.

It's fine margines either way but in the past we'd be more likely to have seen those draws thrown away to losses than converted to wins.

We are moving in the right direction.

who's the better player u would replace him with though?
Son could start ahead of him just to give him a kick up the arse.

Eriksen plays with the least amount of urgency of all our players. He needs to know that his place isn't a given and he has to work harder for it.

I realise this is very retrospective but had we gone 4-4-2 today, without Ericksen, and played either/or N'jie/Son up front with HK do you think that would have made a difference?
I've often questioned the rigidity of Poch's system in the past (not here, on another blog)...sometimes I feel he doesn't ask enough questions of the opposition.

On the Eriksen debate. I understand he goes missing more than we'd like, but so did VDV. I also understand Eriksen isn't the player VDV was. But, like VDV, you have him on the pitch for what he does, which is win games.

When he's poor, you notice because he's our focal point. When he's excellent you notice for the same reasons.

Luckily, the rest of our side allow a player like Eriksen. Much like others did when VDV was about.

Don't alienate him.

About the draws, we are now very tough to beat...however we are still a bit toothless going forward and any team with a bit of organisation at the back will keep us out.

Agree, we looked tired. Not closing down on the ball like the last few matches.

We don't see to pull the trigger on the 1st option pass to the through runner but instead jerk around looking for the perfect pass which wasn't there today in the Baggies defense.
Harry was not much of a factor today due to this.

Clinton was on sides

Harry was dragged down in the box on his near miss.

We have turned a corner and are straight dangerous. There is little indecision and uncertainty in the squad....at least that's the sense I get. We are rested and ready. Can't imagine anything less than coming out of the gates and rampaging. Let them park it. They don't have to talent to hold the line for 90. There will be no counters. We will give no quarter.

0-3

COYS

My prognostic powers are second to none. Nailed it.

rBOgGyC.gif

Son could start ahead of him just to give him a kick up the arse.

Eriksen plays with the least amount of urgency of all our players. He needs to know that his place isn't a given and he has to work harder for it.
son was ineffective too though.

Agree, we looked tired. Not closing down on the ball like the last few matches.

We don't see to pull the trigger on the 1st option pass to the through runner but instead jerk around looking for the perfect pass which wasn't there today in the Baggies defense.
Harry was not much of a factor today due to this.

Clinton was on sides

Harry was dragged down in the box on his near miss.
why do we look tired again if we are superfit?

It's no coincidence that when Eriksen plays well Tottenham plays well and when he plays bad we struggle. He is a key player for us to create goal scoring opportunities.
Well, yes, that's it. As Totti said earlier, when did he last create a goal scoring opportunity or play really well? Would Son and Lamela on either side of Dembele create more?

Back
Top Bottom