#14 - Chick King Licken

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Rob White makes his first appearance of the season as we review Villa and warm it up with Harry Kane. Mason muscles in, we ask "is Levy all about the money?" and Windy drops youth-bombs. Asteras and Stoke are previewed, and we ponder whether Sherwood was right all along.

Love The Shirt

Rangers: Rob White, Windy, Ricky & Flav

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Thanks guys for discussing my question. Great pod. I do think levy has actually levied himself and hit the end of the road.

Also think attendances are being hit by the constant stream of Sunday matchess

The really shouty bit after about half an hour, about people being cunts if they use the phrase "papering over the cracks" - isn't Sunday THE very definition of that phrase?

Let's not forget that we were getting our arses handed to us for 80 minutes by a team of utter shite that hadn't scored since Methuselah was shitting his nappy. Aye, happiness abounded when we scored (as it always does), but in no way should this mean we forget the previous 80 minutes of our team playing like utter cunts.

Also noticeable, incidentally, was Windy's quite correct assertion that a lot of the players were not giving a fuck. This, you all safely agreed with. A fucking dirty big bastard crack if ever there was one, but hardly discussed due to the Harry Kane pattern on the new wallpaper that covered it up.

There's something wrong with us just now. There's no Roberts or Gough to hoof forwards up the hole, no Gazza dribbling, Ginola weaving down the wing, Waddle doing whatever the fuck he called that run of his. No Lineker poaching, no Archibald elbows. Just no fucking guts and one spawny deflected free kick against one of the worst teams in the league adds not the slightest iota of glory.

We shouldn't say "papering over the cracks"? We should smile, laugh and accept mediocrity? Fuck that.

There are cracks. Just in that moment I didn't give a fuck. Found it odd that other fans did. What do they get out of football if they would rather whinge about the cracks than just for a moment float above them in wild orgasm?

There are cracks. Just in that moment I didn't give a fuck. Found it odd that other fans did. What do they get out of football if they would rather whinge about the cracks than just for a moment float above them in wild orgasm?
Aye, just a moment. Like I did. Screamed the house down. Then sat down for my Sunday dinner and remembered what had happened previously. You were recording over a day later. Plenty of time to come down from the euphoric high of a last minute winner. Fuck, I've came down from a mouthful of microdots quicker.

The really shouty bit after about half an hour, about people being cunts if they use the phrase "papering over the cracks" - isn't Sunday THE very definition of that phrase?

Let's not forget that we were getting our arses handed to us for 80 minutes by a team of utter shite that hadn't scored since Methuselah was shitting his nappy. Aye, happiness abounded when we scored (as it always does), but in no way should this mean we forget the previous 80 minutes of our team playing like utter cunts.

Also noticeable, incidentally, was Windy's quite correct assertion that a lot of the players were not giving a fuck. This, you all safely agreed with. A fucking dirty big bastard crack if ever there was one, but hardly discussed due to the Harry Kane pattern on the new wallpaper that covered it up.

There's something wrong with us just now. There's no Roberts or Gough to hoof forwards up the hole, no Gazza dribbling, Ginola weaving down the wing, Waddle doing whatever the fuck he called that run of his. No Lineker poaching, no Archibald elbows. Just no fucking guts and one spawny deflected free kick against one of the worst teams in the league adds not the slightest iota of glory.

We shouldn't say "papering over the cracks"? We should smile, laugh and accept mediocrity? Fuck that.

My point is of course there are cracks, we've sacked two managers in the past twelve months. Point is that we're not 'papering' over them - we've 'got a man in' to do a proper job.

He might end up being a cowboy builder but let's give him a chance.

Back
Top Bottom