#18 - Stood in his pants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
This week we kick off with weird Spurs related dreams, Chelsea reviewed, is Eriksen our worst starting player? Windy drops the knowledge, West Brom's state of flux, Berahino. Underwear choices. Is it possible to change your mind about managers? Tall and short players. Is a plan B necessary and which famous Spurs fans do we loathe.

Cast: Alex From Bristol, Bardi, T and Flav.

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Don't get the Eriksen slamming, he isn't the most obvious player on the pitch, he does his work very quietly but this season he has 3 goals and 6 assists thus contributing 9 goals.

Eriksen 16 appearances, 3 goals, 6 assists *excludes the ball that rebounded off the bar vs City
Lamela 16 appearances, 4 goals, 3 assists
Dembele 13 appearances, 3 goals, 0 assists
Son 10 appearances, 3 goals, 3 assists
Chadli 11 appearances, 1 goal, 2 assists *includes assist vs Woolwich in LC for Chamber's OG

Quick maths (add goals and assists into goals contributed)
E) 16 = 9 208/117*130 2080/1170 56.25% *62.50%
L) 16 = 7 208/91 2080/910 43.75%
D) 13 = 3 208/48 2080/480 23.08%
S) 10 = 6 60%
C) 11 = 3 110/30 27.27%
So in ranking our attacking midfielders:

Son contributes a goal in 60% of games
Eriksen contributes a goal in 56.25% of games
Lamela contributes a goal in 43.75% of games
Chadli contributes a goal in 27.27% of games
Dembele contributes a goal in 23.08% of games

Don't get the Eriksen slamming, he isn't the most obvious player on the pitch, he does his work very quietly but this season he has 3 goals and 6 assists thus contributing 9 goals.

Eriksen 16 appearances, 3 goals, 6 assists
Lamela 16 appearances, 4 goals, 3 assists
Dembele 13 appearances, 3 goals, 0 assists
Son 10 appearances, 3 goals, 3 assists
Chadli 11 appearances, 1 goal, 2 assists

Quick maths (add goals and assists into goals contributed)
E) 16 = 9 208/117 2080/1170 56.25%
L) 16 = 7 208/91 2080/910 43.75%
D) 13 = 3 208/48 2080/480 23.08%
S) 10 = 6 60%
C) 11 = 3 110/30 27.27%
So in ranking our attacking midfielders:

Eriksen contributes a goal in 56.25% of games
EkvDRTI.gif

:dembelefingers:Just look at the bottom:
Eriksen contributes a goal in 56.25% of games *62.50% including Man City Kane assist
If you want to measure contribution as chances created (so assists and key passes (shots not scored)), Eriksen is a fucking giant:

0.5 assists and 3.4 key passes per 90 is the biggest on the team (Lamela is second with 0.4 and 3.4 and third (Chadli) is a long way behind both), and the 3rd or 4th highest in the league. He doesn't look spectacular when doing it, but he's a pretty big contributor to us offensively. We'd be hard pressed to replace him.

If you want to measure contribution as chances created (so assists and key passes (shots not scored)), Eriksen is a fucking giant:

0.5 assists and 3.4 key passes per 90 is the biggest on the team (Lamela is second with 0.4 and 3.4 and third (Chadli) is a long way behind both), and the 3rd or 4th highest in the league. He doesn't look spectacular when doing it, but he's a pretty big contributor to us offensively. We'd be hard pressed to replace him.
In someways I'm glad he isn't always in the limelight, how long will Coutinho remain at Liverpool?

Last edited:
In someways I'm glad he isn't always in the limelight, how long will Coutinho remain at Liverpool?
Quite a while, I think. He's a good creator, but a fucking terrible shot. And he's shooting more, and more because Liverpool are so limited by injuries. Only useful to a team with 3 good forwards who are fit.

I think he's been a bit better than your giving him credit for this season.
Better this year, but still one of the worst shooters on record in Europe. This year he's around 10% conversion, which is mediocre. His historical record is around 6-7%, which is Jesus Navas levels of awful. Either way, when an accurate shooter is around 15-20% of all shots converted, he's not the guy you want taking 5 shots a game, which he is.

I also think you are being very harsh on Eriksen, he's our only player capable of playing first time passes.

Take that out of the team and we would be very easy to defend against.

I also disagree on Eriksen. As I mentioned in the Reddit thread, I think a whole group of players have been playing at a similar level.

But I also think that Eriksen is currently slightly taken for granted/under appreciated. He's not an elite level player and I suspect he never will be but for a player in the next tier down he's pretty consistent and - on occasion - talismanic.

I also disagree on Eriksen. As I mentioned in the Reddit thread, I think a whole group of players have been playing at a similar level.

But I also think that Eriksen is currently slightly taken for granted/under appreciated. He's not an elite level player and I suspect he never will be but for a player in the next tier down he's pretty consistent and - on occasion - talismanic.
Too old for you m8te

stick to guessing about the kids.

Back
Top Bottom