2 former players you would bring back to today’s squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“In their prime on their day” I would take King/Woodgate over Ferdinand/Terry ... or just about any pair ever.
Daws ... Massive heart but sorry, not on that level.
Fair enough. Dawson was at the heart of two of the best defensive displays I’ve seen from us in modern times: 2-1 vs Chavs in 2010 and ties vs Milan in 2011. It’s that Dawson that I’d want in my team. Control, discipline and warrior-like focus.

Sticking to players I've actually seen plaing for us.

Bale. Best player I've ever seen play live for Spurs. Has the ability to win a match single handedly.

Klinsmann. Ideal, much needed competition for Harry Kane.

Bale maybe because he was winning games on his own, but that Bale, not PGA Bale.

Maybe I put too much thought into mine, Parker and Carr were both leaders, committed, experienced and home grown and play in positions we are really short.

I think we need more experience and for want of a better word, bottle.

I'd go as far as to say if they'd been in the squad the last 5 years, we'd have at least 1 Premier league title and maybe even the big one last year.
We were brilliant in 16/17 but drew too many games , think around 7 or 8 and that’s what cost us the league

If we had prime Bale scoring from 30 yards every week we would have definitely turned some of those draws into wins

One of Parker/Ledley/Mabbutt/MacKay(*) at peak fitness.... Steel and leadership.

(*Never saw MacKay, but so blatantly my kind of player!)

+ Bale.

One of Parker/Ledley/Mabbutt/MacKay(*) at peak fitness.... Steel and leadership.

(*Never saw MacKay, but so blatantly my kind of player!)

+ Bale.
Greaves our all time top scorer & MacKay voted the best Tottenham player ever......:mourbringit:

Greaves our all time top scorer & MacKay voted the best Tottenham player ever......:mourbringit:

My choice is based on what we're missing right now.

No disrespect to Jimmy, but we're pretty good for a CF.

My choice is based on what we're missing right now.

No disrespect to Jimmy, but we're pretty good for a CF.
Depending how people are viewing it yes we are good for A centre forward just being the one we have which everybody and their dog has had an opinion of how can a top 4; 6 club survive with one striker no matter how good he is! My choice was rather adding to what we have not like for like.......but still
8-C706-C1-B-ECD4-4-C40-AC73-5-AC99-FF482-E0.jpg

6-B8-A93-B5-63-B7-4-BBD-9309-93-E2598336-B2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom