#24 - Tabs for Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Billie T returns for an update on his Happy Meal Challenge, a proposed new movement, NYE antics and getting intimate with Dembele. We talk Leicester (again), Sunderland at home, naughty Dele and former Spurs player Alan Pardew. Windy delivers a halftime knowledge package, Twitter and social media, seeing a man about a horse and irrational hatred.

Pill poppers: Bardi, Billie, Flav and Thelonious.

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Not sure if I am supposed to reveal this, but once a season NYSpurs has a shroom day. It's usually against one of the shit sides, but it's a fucking blast. Nil nil and the shrooms kicked in is often sung at the pub. Last year - I stared at the ceiling fan, threw up at half, and then walked home 10.2 miles through some of Brooklyns more interesting neighborhoods. Happy days.

Couldn't agree more with I think Flav about singing the 'you're shit' song I think it's fucking embarrassing singing it whenever we are winning !

It was good for the West Ham game though. Funny there and then. But as with everything, it keeps getting repeated until it's not funny any more and it becomes embarrassing.

I said to my mate against Sunderland that it's quite telling that we haven't really sung it since we went 1-0 up away at West Brom.......came back to bite us that day

Not sure if I am supposed to reveal this, but once a season NYSpurs has a shroom day. It's usually against one of the shit sides, but it's a fucking blast. Nil nil and the shrooms kicked in is often sung at the pub. Last year - I stared at the ceiling fan, threw up at half, and then walked home 10.2 miles through some of Brooklyns more interesting neighborhoods. Happy days.
I really should start going…

Ép's pedantry corner:

Flav Flav , Thelonious Thelonious , et al., on the "ch" in "Pochettino", there's a simple answer: "Pochettino" is an Italian name (I think it means "a teeny little bit"?), and in Italy the "ch" would be pronounced as "k" like in "gnocchi".

In Argentina, however… the Italian name is Castiliannated, and the "ch" becomes like the "ch" in "Chile".

You see this often in Argentine names (because many are of Italian origin). So which is "correct" is hard to say—you should err on how the person says his own name, like in the US W. E. B. DuBois is called "Doo Boys," though no one in France would ever say his name that way, but that's how he said it.

Another example: according to AC Jimbo, Shaqiri prefers the "Swiss" pronunciation of his name ("Shakiri") over the Albanian (something like "Shachiri"), so I've had to just start calling him that!

I really should start going…

Ép's pedantry corner:

Flav Flav , Thelonious Thelonious , et al., on the "ch" in "Pochettino", there's a simple answer: "Pochettino" is an Italian name (I think it means "a teeny little bit"?), and in Italy the "ch" would be pronounced as "k" like in "gnocchi".

In Argentina, however… the Italian name is Castiliannated, and the "ch" becomes like the "ch" in "Chile".

You see this often in Argentine names (because many are of Italian origin). So which is "correct" is hard to say—you should err on how the person says his own name, like in the US W. E. B. DuBois is called "Doo Boys," though no one in France would ever say his name that way, but that's how he said it.

Another example: according to AC Jimbo, Shaqiri prefers the "Swiss" pronunciation of his name ("Shakiri") over the Albanian (something like "Shachiri"), so I've had to just start calling him that!
LuY2H0g.gif

on the subject of hated spurs players - nobody mentioned Adebayour. I always thought he was a cunt, even when he was shitting on newcastle for us. the only time I've not thought he was a cunt was when he scored that goal for man city and ran to the scum fans.
Another was Kevin Scott who ossie signed and was without doubt the shittest player I've ever seen in our colours. I hate him because he was shit, he added to our shitness at the time, and he was getting paid to do that.
Finally, I'll throw in the name of Hossam ghali. Shit and disrespected the club. Cunt.

Back
Top Bottom