5-a-side. East Anglia. Anyone interested?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Evening all. I used to play 5-a-side at Goals Alperton with a few other Spurs mates (and one Spammer) - not in a league or anything, just to meet up and breathe out of our arses chasing a sphere around a pitch for an hour a week. I had to stop last summer after changing jobs because I now work in Cambridge and it's too much of an arse to get down to Alperton.

Would any of you fine folk in the East Anglia region have any interest in meeting some Internet weirdos to do something similar? From what I can see the best place is Goals Ipswich, which is an hour or so from Cambridge and Norwich. Pitches are £42:75 an hour, which if my maths is correct works out at around £4:28 each if ten turn up.

Just thought I'd start this going to gauge interest, logistics can be worked out if enough people are interested. One thing is for certain, it won't clash with Tottenham games. We used to play on either a Tuesday or a Wednesday at 7:30 or 8 at Alperton depending on who was available and when. I've got no interest in joining a league because I'm well below the standard of that, but wouldn't be completely against it if there were enough who wanted to play. These are just some basic ideas at the moment, I'm certainly open to suggestion. Suggestion relating to 5-a-side in East Anglia for now, before anyone chips in with 'you could spit on it first' or 'why not pay off more of the mortgage, which results in less interest being added at the end of each year and the loan being paid off sooner'.

I'll respond. I live an hour away from Ipswich and I still think thats a long trek there for a 5-a-side kick about. In fact, I played a Suffolk Cup match there on a Sunday morning a few weeks ago and I don't ever want to play football in Ipswich again after the conditions that day.

:dempsey:

Im in Norwich and happy to play, although its gotta be in Norwich as i dont drive. Goals in Norwich is a decent venue, car park etc. I am a goalie so if you've already got a keeper then only give me a shout if you dont have a keeper.

Back
Top Bottom