Acceptable netspend this summer ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who.are we going to sell for 100 million with out becoming worse ?

Eriksen, Dele, Aurier, Trippier, Lamela, Dier, Janssen, Llorente, Rose.....plus Toby is off anyway.

Easily 200M in today’s market there.

If people stop lying to themselves, they know full well that Dele and Eriksen can be upgraded with no effort at all.
That’s being brave....it feels like they’ve run their courses here and have fuck all left to offer.
I’d happily see all that lot moved on.

It doesn't fucking matter what the net spend is. The ONLY thing that matters is the equality of the players bought in and we sell players that don't add to the team currently.

Just why do people obsess with net spend? Have they not seen enough of what shit buys look like? Or do you still think Everton, Woolwich, Man U, West Ham & Palace bought well?

Not fussed about net spend just care about getting good players in. We NEED to get a new CM another forward minded midfielder to cover Eriksen a new RB minimum, and that's assuming Toby Llorente and Eriksen stay and fringe players like Wanyama and Lamela prove they ain't perma crocked.

All that's unlikely so we are probably looking at needing those 3 positions plus replacing about 4 other squad members. And this is something that must happen cause we have been piss poor this season in the league and the fact that United Chelsea and the scum have just so far shit the bed more then we have is covering it up

What does this even matter to a fucking fan?
If we sold Trippier and got Wan Bissaka for less, are you going to throw your toys out the pram because you wanted to pay more for him?

If we got Ndombele for 40M and recouped it with the sales of Dier and Janssen will you want Levy’s head?

What the fuck are people even on about?
We can’t improve the team, if the players sold cover the cost of the new signings?

Stop playing accountants....no one knew what met spend was ten years ago, now everyone thinks it equates to silverware.

Point is Sammy I doubt Trippier's sale would buy bissaka for less ,if we can get great players with the proceeds from the sale of lesser players then sure I couldn't care less about net spend but the reality is we won't get fantastic money for any of our fringe players and are in need of significant investment

Point is Sammy I doubt Trippier's sale would buy bissaka for less ,if we can get great players with the proceeds from the sale of lesser players then sure I couldn't care less about net spend but the reality is we won't get fantastic money for any of our fringe players and are in need of significant investment

You’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that Trippier is going anywhere for under 30M

You’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that Trippier is going anywhere for under 30M

Yeah I think someone probably would overpay for Trippier and we could improve him with the proceeds but the likes of Lamela Llorente Janssen Wanyama aren't going to bring in significant revenue we also won't replace Toby's quality for 25 million , I'd be loathed to see us sell Eriksen for less than he's worth due to his contract situation , if we keep recycling we are just going to get a little bit worse each year like Woolwich and Southampton, I'll be disappointed if we show no intent to keep our star players and improve the squad this summer.

Probs right but I think his point is that Bissaka will cost us or anyone double that.
I just listed a group of players that could raise 200M at least....people won’t like to see Dele on there, but personally I’d be happy to sell him for75- 100M and get Grealish for 40M.

People will call it down grading. Is it? Really? Right now, is that a step down? Not in my book.

You can sell Dier, Llorente, Trippier etc etc who fucking cares if we won’t ever bench or sub off Dele and Eriksen.
People in for a rude awakening if they truly believe Sessengon, Ndombele and Wan Bissaka will improve our attacking.

Moura is already the fall guy for Eriksen and Dele....what’s the point

I just listed a group of players that could raise 200M at least....people won’t like to see Dele on there, but personally I’d be happy to sell him for75- 100M and get Grealish for 40M.

People will call it down grading. Is it? Really? Right now, is that a step down? Not in my book.

You can sell Dier, Llorente, Trippier etc etc who fucking cares if we won’t ever bench or sub off Dele and Eriksen.
People in for a rude awakening if they truly believe Sessengon, Ndombele and Wan Bissaka will improve our attacking.

Moura is already the fall guy for Eriksen and Dele....what’s the point
If Dele is really that inferior to Grealish and not worth keeping, how the fuck are we gonna get 75- 100M for him?

Yeah I think someone probably would overpay for Trippier and we could improve him with the proceeds but the likes of Lamela Llorente Janssen Wanyama aren't going to bring in significant revenue we also won't replace Toby's quality for 25 million , I'd be loathed to see us sell Eriksen for less than he's worth due to his contract situation , if we keep recycling we are just going to get a little bit worse each year like Woolwich and Southampton, I'll be disappointed if we show no intent to keep our star players and improve the squad this summer.

Aside from the main thrust of the OP....

I'm certainly not blind to the concerns you're highlighting in this post.

Equally, even with an excellent hit-rate, selling 6 to afford 3 of requisite quality will deplete the over-all numbers in no time.

I still think we need to be scouting deeper and harder. If (eg) Zaha (i.e. a player under everyone's noses) is the best we can come up with in an era when 'everyone' wants to be an attacking midfielder then I worry.... You're left paying prime prices every time.... Look where it's getting Utd & Everton right now... Absolutely nowhere.

We're all geared up now for developing players (facilities, synergy/pathway between the age-groups, least of all a manager + crew that have the reputation to match)... Hard to imagine that all gets binned off 'the morning after' the new gaff finally opens.

Spending power alone merely subjects us to the par of the 'wealth league'; having to competed head on with the finances of wealthier teams (See Mancs x 2 before considering those we can financially gain ground on over the coming years)...... We need that little extra from somewhere else; the same little extra that got us this far.....?

Yeh, shrewd purchases in Hugo, Jan, Eriksen, Toby & Son helped (even then; not 'chicken-feed' to us at the time), but academy and coaching young players provided a massive injection (be that Walker, Rose, Winks, Kane, Dele, Dier, Mason, Bentaleb, Andros bless him or even the likes of Carrol & Alex '9m yet no competitive starts for Spurs' Pritchard.... All helped us bridge the financial gap; some pre-dating Poch himself.

Must admit, I still kinda feel if we end up starting next season with a re-signed and re-focussed CE/TA; we wouldn't need to spend the earth to crack on. Age is still on the bulk of this squads side and the extent of our injuries this year truly are no myth...

Hopefully, over coming trf windows we can see a utopian blend of 'quality improvements for today' and 'maybes for tomorrow'; but one way or another spending smartly and progressively is what will keep us competitive if we are to bother the likes of City in the coming years.

I would say we need immediate investment in CM and RB. If Toby leaves I can see us play Jan & Sanchez/Foyth next season. We won’t invest in this area. I believe Eriksen will stay and sign a new contract after the season ends and we (hopefully) finish in the top 4. We’ll probably sell Lamela, Janssen, Aurier and Toby. Don’t think we’ll trigger extension for Llorente although I wish we will. So that is about 60-65m profit from sales. If the board inject more cash to that, we can strenghten where we need. Now let’s hope Poch and the staff have identified the players they think they need.

We’d be lucky to get 15m from a newly promoted side. You can twist it all you want but he’s an average player and nothing more. Your true colours have been shown again btw - looking to sell Dele and Eriksen cause of one bad result. Melting clown

What Spurs buy will depend on what is sold. That seems to be the business model and it won’t change I imagine. I don’t actually see major investment as even possible unless one of the “big” names go. I can imagine Eriksen going and three players coming in as replacements. Sadly I think without top 4 it will be 2 bigger names gone.

As for what’s needed. Could start with that CB Wet Ham had today. Diop ? Outstanding. But the trouble there is he will cost a lot more than Toby will this summer.

Net spend doesn't matter to me unless the net spend is negative and purchases are £0.
The only thing that matters is improving the squad.

Need 2 CM's.
Back up CF.
Addressing both full back positions. Either back in KWP next season and sell Trippier/Aurier or loan him. Sell Davies imo, but can see why some would prefer keep him and sell Rose.

Let's face it also we need to buy someone to replace Lamela, he's always injured.

Back
Top Bottom