Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Punts like this are the reason we are in this mess of recruitment as it is. Adama would bring 'excitement' yes, but he adds nothing to us that would actually change where we are. We would still be dogshit vs parked defences, we would still have a right sided player who can't put in a good cross, we would still be crying out for a ball-playing playmaker who can spot a pass.

Beating the opposition fullback is not a problem we need solving, because we aren't primarily a crossing team and we already have shit delivery from wide positions as it is, without adding another.
I see him beating a full back and cutting it back in the box rather than big crosses from the flank….. if you could get him moving well off the ball he could be exciting. For me, I would rather do 60M on Lamptey who is quicker, a better footballer and has better end product but Jan is tough and we need to get players in

Shocked Oh My God GIF

For sheer raw pace at a good price id take him, nothing makes a defender shit their pants more than a fella running behind them at full pelt. Good point made above, not all crosses need to be in the air... cutbacks on the deck could be useful. Also just as an impact sub for the pace fear factor im all for it

For sheer raw pace at a good price id take him, nothing makes a defender shit their pants more than a fella running behind them at full pelt. Good point made above, not all crosses need to be in the air... cutbacks on the deck could be useful. Also just as an impact sub for the pace fear factor im all for it
He draws a lot of attention. Other players taking advantage of that will be crucial.

biggest concern for me is he is 26 soon and has not changed his play at all still looks like the wild 20 yr old for boro

if he was younger i would say its a good gamble

if conte can change him good but i cant see it especially since players like him lose pace over time but doesnt offer anything else

hope im wrong

maybe they are signing him as with his pace he may get the ball before it goes out of play from Diers "overhit" long cross pitch passes, Dier is no Toby with those balls

Wolves boss:

"You never know if something happens in the last minute, then you have to decide what is best for the club and the player."

:levystare:
The last minute. Sums Levy up. We're already 8 days into the transfer window. We never seem to do our business early and try to benefit from having any new player(s) with more time to work with. No, it's all last minute, bargain basement scrabbling.

Levy's talking to Lewis, apparently. Conte is still saying he needs to talk to the club about what's going to be available. Why aren't we prepared for these conversations before the window opens?

Still, 20+ days to go so I'll wait to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom