Alejo Veliz

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He'll get opportunities in the next month or so. He looks fiery and confident, wants to show for the ball - I saw at one stage he berated another player for not passing to him when he was well placed in the box. I like that.

Very much a striker - does not get involved much outside the box, no dropping deep (complete opposite of Kane for example). And that means he is totally reliant on service to him (Maddison back will be excellent for him)

Also means that when not in the box, he will not be contributing as much as some forwards do, although opposition CB's should be being kept occupied..

Very powerful header of the ball and 6 foot 1 or 2 inches high : that may prove to be his biggest strength and may be one of best in PL (but latter comment still to be proved). Two footed which is good, and powerful build for a 20 year old, unlikely to be knocked off the ball by most opposition players

Early days, so we'll have to see how he gets on

Very much a striker - does not get involved much outside the box, no dropping deep (complete opposite of Kane for example). And that means he is totally reliant on service to him (Maddison back will be excellent for him)

Also means that when not in the box, he will not be contributing as much as some forwards do, although opposition CB's should be being kept occupied..

Very powerful header of the ball and 6 foot 1 or 2 inches high : that may prove to be his biggest strength and may be one of best in PL (but latter comment still to be proved). Two footed which is good, and powerful build for a 20 year old, unlikely to be knocked off the ball by most opposition players

Early days, so we'll have to see how he gets on
Closer to 6'3 than he is 6'2 but agree with it. Perisic crossing it into him and richy would get about 15 assists. God i miss him. He was perfect as a 65-70 super sub.

I like him. Wants the ball and is very physical.
cant fault his hunger. that touch round the defender was sheer class if he meant that. once he relaxes hell be even better too he looks a bit too tense and too eager to impress at the minute. if he really does turn out to be the next suarez we have an absolute gem and if he did mean that touch he just might be lol

Start him

If we were creating loads and fizzing balls into the box all the time I'd be supa-keen.

Alas we're not quit there yet and I don't think dropping Richy after scoring 4 in 4 sends out a healthy message either.

Would be good if we could get him 20mins+ v Burnley though.

If we were creating loads and fizzing balls into the box all the time I'd be supa-keen.

Alas we're not quit there yet and I don't think dropping Richy after scoring 4 in 4 sends out a healthy message either.

Would be good if we could get him 20mins+ v Burnley though.
Richy had several such chances against Brighton but he didn't stay onside.

I'd rather drop Johnson, play Son on the right and Richy on the left. Son plays loads on the right for Korea and does it well.

At least for one half or something to see how it works.

Richy had several such chances against Brighton but he didn't stay onside.

(Not all on him.... Could defo do with our players seeing the pass sooner in some of those instances.)

He was also the only cunt that came close to scoring before B'ton ran out of gas.

I'd rather drop Johnson, play Son on the right and Richy on the left. Son plays loads on the right for Korea and does it well.

At least for one half or something to see how it works.

Have no problem mixing it up a bit; just think Rich should retain the ST spot for the time being. seeing as he's finally found a bit of form.

Last edited:
(Not all on him.... Could defo do with our players seeing the pass sooner in some of those instances.)

He was also the only cunt that came close to scoring before B'ton ran out of gas.

Have no problem mixing it up a bit; just think Rich should retain the ST spot for the time being.seeing as he's finally found a bit of form.
Fair enough, but perhaps sub on Veliz a little sooner, so he has a real chance to impact a game.

Fair enough, but perhaps sub on Veliz a little sooner, so he has a real chance to impact a game.

Keen to see that too.

Bench will be fucking empty on Sunday so any attacking changes in search of a goal would prob have to result in 442 anyway.

Ping some crosses and let him & Rich ruff shit up. It'd be like some 70s throwback shit..... Modern CBs won't know what's hit 'em with 2 big physical CFs to grapple with. 😄

Keen to see that too.

Bench will be fucking empty on Sunday so any attacking changes in search of a goal would prob have to result in 442 anyway.

Ping some crosses and let him & Rich ruff shit up. It'd be like some 70s throwback shit..... Modern CBs won't know what's hit 'em with 2 big physical CFs to grapple with. 😄
Would love to see a 70s/80s old school 4-4-2 with wingers taking on full backs and throwing crosses in all game. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom