Alfie Devine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sent off with a 2nd yellow on 77' with Plymouth 1-0 down and as it stands only 1 place above relegation spots

Hasn’t realised they were on such a bad run. 1 win in last 10. 11 if they lose today. Manager under a bit of pressure too.

Wonder how their fans are reacting to our youngsters playing in this high stakes environment.
Character building that’s for sure. Be interesting to see if Devine gets much more game time when he’s back from suspension. If they have the same manager.

Hasn’t realised they were on such a bad run. 1 win in last 10. 11 if they lose today. Manager under a bit of pressure too.

Wonder how their fans are reacting to our youngsters playing in this high stakes environment.
Character building that’s for sure. Be interesting to see if Devine gets much more game time when he’s back from suspension. If they have the same manager.
Happy he's given our players decent minutes but never really liked Foster, always felt he underperformed with the England youth teams and played really negatively. Can't see them keeping him if they want to stay up.

Happy he's given our players decent minutes but never really liked Foster, always felt he underperformed with the England youth teams and played really negatively. Can't see them keeping him if they want to stay up.

Has he given them a lot of minutes due ti belief in youth?

Or is he also on a bit of a tight budget so relying on loans to get players in that he knows?

Not really followed their time over there at all.

He can have no complaint. Yeah 3 months is very little time, but they've been utter dreadful since he's been in charge. Most games I watched, they never laid a glove on their opponents...made Moyes look like an avant-garde manager.

Players have to assume their responsibilities too, of course. But if you don't believe in the head honcho and his plan, well...

Surprise they've not asked a Big Sam type to take charge til the end of the season.

Warnock lives not far away. Currently unemployed.
These gambles with FA coaches don’t seem to go too well. Foster was under 19 coach, Joe thingy at Millwall Was under 20 I think.

Gold:

Alfie Devine (Plymouth Argyle)​

Alfie Devine received the first red card of his senior career as he was sent off in the 78th minute of Plymouth Argyle's 1-0 home defeat to Bristol City in the Championship.

The 19-year-old midfielder got back into the starting line-up over the Easter weekend, playing 81 minutes of Friday's 2-1 defeat at Norwich, but then he picked up a second yellow card just before he was about to be substituted on Monday and will now miss the crunch game at fellow strugglers Rotherham United on Friday night.

"I think the second one is a yellow, the first one isn't," said his then boss Ian Foster. "I have watched it back and I remember saying to the fourth official I didn't think it was a foul. That's a disappointing part of it but once you are on a yellow you can't make a tackle like that.

"That's probably the innocence of a young player, thinking he can go and win the ball but he's too aggressive in the second tackle and he has given himself a problem."

Monday's result saw the end of Foster after just three months in charge. He had worked with both Spurs players at England youth level so they will have to convince whoever comes in next of their potential.

Warnock lives not far away. Currently unemployed.
These gambles with FA coaches don’t seem to go too well. Foster was under 19 coach, Joe thingy at Millwall Was under 20 I think.
Wasn't Foster the main driving force behind getting Devine and Phillips there in the first place....?
If the new boss (if it IS Warnock) doesn't fancy one or both of them, that could be them done there this season... Shame.

Mind you, Phillips does seem more of a 'no nonsense' Warnock-type defender...

I imagine he'll think Devine is too lightweight for the battle ahead...

Just a hunch!

Wasn't Foster the main driving force behind getting Devine and Phillips there in the first place....?
If the new boss (if it IS Warnock) doesn't fancy one or both of them, that could be them done there this season... Shame.

Mind you, Phillips does seem more of a 'no nonsense' Warnock-type defender...

I imagine he'll think Devine is too lightweight for the battle ahead...

Just a hunch!

Last Tuesday Plymouth announced :

“Director of Football Neil Dewsnip supported by first-team coach Kevin Nancekivell will take charge of the team for the remainder of the season, with Simon Ireland and Daryl Flahavan continuing in their respective roles”

Dewsnip hired Foster and fully supported loan signings of Phillips and Devine (and other youngsters). so different manager but same players (signed by Dewsnip) to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom