Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters

josh_spurs

An OG from 2012
He seems like he's a Jermaine Defoe type player. Always shooting.

Would you want him to stay with us? Or would you be happy for him to go?

A little less than 12 months ago the idea of signing Junior Hoilett as a cheap/free backup for both wings was deemed a fairly good idea. Townsend has looked better than Hoilett at QPR plus is a) left footed b) already ours c) cheaper (wages wise) d) a yid and e) much more motivated to succeed.

I'd be gutted if we let him go. He does seem to like to shoot a lot but if your only other option is to try to pick out Bobby Zamora what would you do?

Fair points, I actually believe he could be better than Lennon, seems like he already has a final product (takes set pieces) and is quite a big lad..good dribbling at cause of his size..pretty strong

A little less than 12 months ago the idea of signing Junior Hoilett as a cheap/free backup for both wings was deemed a fairly good idea. Townsend has looked better than Hoilett at QPR plus is a) left footed b) already ours c) cheaper (wages wise) d) a yid and e) much more motivated to succeed.

I'd be gutted if we let him go. He does seem to like to shoot a lot but if your only other option is to try to pick out Bobby Zamora what would you do?

could not agree with this any more if i tried.

Fair points, I actually believe he could be better than Lennon, seems like he already has a final product (takes set pieces) and is quite a big lad..good dribbling at cause of his size..pretty strong
Fam did you just disrespect Big A.L blud?

Interesting thought. There are a lot of facets to Lennon's game that are somewhat unappreciated by most neutrals; his defensive workrate, the intelligence of his runs, the low centre of gravity agility etc. At Townsend's age Lennon had been a first team staple in our team, albeit a greatly inferior team, for 3 or 4 years, and had been to a World Cup.

tumblr_mjf1zxxazg1qbpv1zo1_500.jpg

Interesting thought. There are a lot of facets to Lennon's game that are somewhat unappreciated by most neutrals; his defensive workrate, the intelligence of his runs, the low centre of gravity agility etc. At Townsend's age Lennon had been a first team staple in our team, albeit a greatly inferior team, for 3 or 4 years, and had been to a World Cup.

To be fair you've raised a great point, Lennon's work rate defensively and offensively is superb, and I don't think you'd get that with Townsend.

Townsend in fairness seems to do his shit defensively, I think he'd be fine in that aspect.

He'd be a decent squad player to have, sometimes I think that's the sort of player we lack on the bench. I'd keep him and see how he does.

I think he should be on the bench now (well not literally, that would be harsh). He's a decent player, and he wants to prove a point. But he's not up to Azza's level by any means yet. For me, promising motivated youngsters with a bit of hunger and desire are excellent as backup.

I don't think he's going to stay a true winger for long, or at least he shouldn't. He's versatile and has a broad enough range of skills, as well as the confidence, to play anywhere across the attacking midfield three.

The thought of Bale, Lennon and Townsend all playing as a dynamic, interchanging trio behind the main striker next season makes me very excited, and for that reason I say keep him.

I like him. He's getting some first team football at QPR and is like Lennon but left footed and able to cross. As has been said, an attacking 3 of him, Bale and Lennon is an exciting prospect - lot of pace with those three, all comfortable on the ball. He also fits quotas with regards to being home grown which helps.

Back
Top Bottom