Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
To be fair all of that is true. Harry turned him from a decent young left winger into a Premiership-standard right forward. He was the former before he went to QPR and the latter when he returned.

I would to love to see him to play well in our last WC qualifier. Some international experience would to be invaluable for him. A player of infinitive dimension.

Apparently, we were about to sell Townsend two years ago if we are to believe this article

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/football...-accepted-500-000-millwall-bid-for-townsend/?

Tottenham were prepared to sell England star Andros Townsend to Millwall for loose change two years ago, it has been revealed.

The Daily Mail says Tottenham were close to selling the winger to Millwall in 2011 after a successful loan spell.

They considered selling the fringe player for 500,000 and Townsend was told he could decide whether to go or stay and fight for his place.

After a talking with his father Troy and his advisers, he decided to stay.

es_andros.jpg

:bow:

He's been a dynamo in the first half of the England game. He really looks like he has a point to prove! There is a lot of potential there, and with the right blend of experience, good coaching and decision-making he can become a top player

Apparently, we were about to sell Townsend two years ago if we are to believe this article

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/football...-accepted-500-000-millwall-bid-for-townsend/?

Tottenham were prepared to sell England star Andros Townsend to Millwall for loose change two years ago, it has been revealed.

The Daily Mail says Tottenham were close to selling the winger to Millwall in 2011 after a successful loan spell.

They considered selling the fringe player for 500,000 and Townsend was told he could decide whether to go or stay and fight for his place.

After a talking with his father Troy and his advisers, he decided to stay.

As proven by Berbatov, Modric, Bale, etc we'll sell anyone at the right price

I really don't get the semi media witch hunt being played out though......"SPURS NEARLY KILLED HIM, THEY LOANED HIM OUT 9, YES 9 FUCKING TIMES"

Surely this should be used as the model for progressing every young players career?........Loan them out level by level so that they are always playing first team football and then they slowly get better and better........the other option seems to let them stagnate playing meaningless reserve team games

Hopefully the England experience will be a platform for Andros to really push on for us, he's been showing signs of quality just need the consistency and correct decision making. Hopefully he'll now be firing more crosses in for Soldado to get on the end of. Cement his place in the team as well as usurp Walcott out of the England squad.

So I guess he needs a song now. And probably one that doesn't involve the word yiddo and preferably one that doesn't mention theo walnut

I suppose his name scans well enough with 'he was born to play for spurs' and its semi true, but it's a welsh anthem.

How about: (to you've got a friend by james Taylor)

Plays out wide at the lane. It could be the right or the left
He'll come running, and skin you again
Chelsea, west ham or ars-nal, we just need to give him the ball.
And we'll beat them yes we will.
Andros townseeeend
(Andros Townsend)

I fancy reviving the ol Nico Claesen/Tony Galvin classic;

Andros, Andros Townsend....
Andros Townsend on the wi-ing!!!

It's been laying dormant in the vault for too long IMHO..... Time to dust it down and get it back in the repertoire!!

So I guess he needs a song now. And probably one that doesn't involve the word yiddo and preferably one that doesn't mention theo walnut

I suppose his name scans well enough with 'he was born to play for spurs' and its semi true, but it's a welsh anthem.

How about: (to you've got a friend by james Taylor)

Plays out wide at the lane. It could be the right or the left
He'll come running, and skin you again
Chelsea, west ham or ars-nal, we just need to give him the ball.
And we'll beat them yes we will.
Andros townseeeend
(Andros Townsend)

I like the concept. But you need to look at the lyrics. They don't scan.

Back
Top Bottom