Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
Apparently he told the old joke in full.....

“NASA decided they’d finally send a man up in a capsule after sending only monkeys in the earlier missions,” the joke goes.

“They fire the man and the monkey into space.

“The intercom crackles, 'Monkey, fire the retros.'

“A little later, 'Monkey, check the solid fuel supply.'

“Later still, “Monkey, check the life support systems for the man.'

“The astronaut takes umbrage and radioes NASA, 'When do I get to do something?'

“NASA replies, 'In 15 minutes - feed the monkey.'”

Half-time is hardly the time to be honing his stand-up routine, but still....!!!
I'm surprised the Soaraway Sun didn't go with the headline; "Wacist Woy in Wace Wow!"

Half-time is hardly the time to be honing his stand-up routine, but still....!!!
I'm surprised the Soaraway Sun didn't go with the headline; "Wacist Woy in Wace Wow!"

Or Roy Raycist
51747_150_roy%20race.jpg

Last edited:
Typical from the gutter rags - always looking to undermine the little success someone achieves

The twat who leaked that should be ashamed as well

Exactly that, he's too cocky and too brave. Lamela provides chances for other players whereas Townsend just looks to replicate Bale from last season, what's his conversion rate, 5%? He would be used best as an impact sub.
Proved me wrong during the qualifiers, lets just hope he performs as well for spurs

It's such a horrible joke. Not the least bit funny. It reminds of the old Seinfeld episode with some Jewish joke and someone asks Jerry if it offends him as a Jew and he responds, "No, it offends me as comedian".

Come on mate. We can do better alliteration than that.

Wacist Woy wegwets waising wetro waconteuring at wembley wace wow.

It's such a horrible joke. Not the least bit funny. It reminds of the old Seinfeld episode with some Jewish joke and someone asks Jerry if it offends him as a Jew and he responds, "No, it offends me as comedian".
WHAT?
its a joke about astronauts, the joke is designed to take the piss out of astronauts
what possible religious or racial connotations are there in that joke?

it might be astronautist - is that now a protected group that was must fear to offend?

WHAT?
its a joke about astronauts, the joke is designed to take the piss out of astronauts
what possible religious or racial connotations are there in that joke?

it might be astronautist - is that now a protected group that was must fear to offend?

Calm down! I don't think it's racist or anything at all I just think it's an unfunny joke.

Calm down! I don't think it's racist or anything at all I just think it's an unfunny joke.
so because I said "what" in capitals - you are under the impression I am agitated and frothing at the mouth?
You said it was a horrible joke - that's a pretty emotive word and then made allusions to a religious joke. You need to chose your words with a little more care, I would suggest. I don't care one way or another that you don't possess the imagination to understand why its funny, but to condemn it in the way you did suggests that you haven't grasped what the joke is about.
It also suggests that you are no smarter than the tattletail who suggested that its use was racist, and reported it to the Sun, rather than understanding that it was an attempt to capture peoples imagination through the use of humour.

Back
Top Bottom