Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if we cant win either of the first 2 games, well lose against newcastle away and the scum at home and hell be gone. or at least he should be as thats a sign its broken! just hope levy acts quickly this time and doesnt drag it on like he did with poch.
That's how I see i panning out.
Just feels to me like most of our signing are for 2 years time, not for now.
By then we could be replacing Ange's replacement.
😂

You two don't half spout some bollocks when it comes to Ange.

Still, never mind, your acolyte nasm_f agrees.

:ange-arms:

Is nasm_f the fella who contributes absolutely nothing of worth? Just constant likes and dislikes? A drain on resources needing to be cut loose.

At least daveyboy88 provides a modicum of car crash entertainment with his impossibly shit posts.
whats impossibly shit about him being sacked if he doesnt win any of the first 4 games? the second half of last season looked like he lost belief from the players, if they dont pick up a win in the first two easier games then that crack is only going to get bigger.

How he spends the summer break.

Homer Simpson Swimming GIF

😂

You two don't half spout some bollocks when it comes to Ange.

Still, never mind, your acolyte nasm_f agrees.

:ange-arms:
Is nasm_f the fella who contributes absolutely nothing of worth? Just constant likes and dislikes? A drain on resources needing to be cut loose.

At least daveyboy88 provides a modicum of car crash entertainment with his impossibly shit posts.
Looks like some people are spending their time getting rattled by likes and dislikes.

Wasn't aware there was a minimum post per day quota lads apologies.

whats impossibly shit about him being sacked if he doesnt win any of the first 4 games? the second half of last season looked like he lost belief from the players, if they dont pick up a win in the first two easier games then that crack is only going to get bigger.
When he get's sacked they'll all forget we called it.
If he doesn't, and things improve, I'll put my hands up.
Will Werner, Gray and maybe Bergvall improve us next season?

i hope he does turn it around! but i dont have any faith going off last year! we know what well get from werner! gray and bergvall we can only hope are going to be hits. i just hope that if he starts bad he doesnt linger about as that will be a whole season wasted!

the first 2 games will tell us everything i think. if we win both games we might be ok, if we cant win either then we are BANG in trouble! we should be winning both comfortably with no excuses.

tell you one thing, if we are staring the first game with a front 3 of johnson, son and kulu we are in trouble.

if after 4 games we have less than 7 points, its been a bad start. you dont look at any fixtures with supreme confidence at the moment do ya?

That's how I see i panning out.
Just feels to me like most of our signing are for 2 years time, not for now.
By then we could be replacing Ange's replacement.

Woolwich did the same a couple of years back. Spent pennies on Martinelli, Odegard, Saliba, Gabriel.... they just stuck with their man.

Hopefully we do too

Woolwich did the same a couple of years back. Spent pennies on Martinelli, Odegard, Saliba, Gabriel.... they just stuck with their man.

Hopefully we do too
Sticking with your man can go either way. There is absolutely no guarantee it will yield success.
For every Fergie and (maybe Legoman) there are the likes of Paul Lambert and Glen Roeder who got enough time to see their teams relegated.
The simple equation is time does not equal success. Talent equals success but may require time.

No but I don't think he'll last the season.
I really hope you're wrong on this. I couldn't stand another flip flop in playing styles, the "that player doesn't fit the system and has to go", "we need to get rid of that guy and get this other guy in" crap that we've been going through for flipping years now. Time to stick by our guy and give him some time to let him build. Changing gaffer again would set us back another couple of years and personally I've had enough of that.

No but I don't think he'll last the season.

Fair enough.
For me the first 10 games are the litmus test in terms of us moving forward.

I don’t expect us to equal last seasons points tally after 10 games.
But will we be looking to be involved in the top 3 or top 6 race?

Ange has made a lot of noise about aiming for the title so would be nice to see the team walk the walk. For a change.
So fed up of them talking but never doing.

Sticking with your man can go either way. There is absolutely no guarantee it will yield success.
For every Fergie and (maybe Legoman) there are the likes of Paul Lambert and Glen Roeder who got enough time to see their teams relegated.
The simple equation is time does not equal success. Talent equals success but may require time.

Mate, we aren't getting relegated.

If we are buying a group of players for him, we best be giving him enough time to see if he can get it right or we are back to square 1, again.

Ange, in my opinion, is the guy to give that to.

I remember people saying exactly this after Poch's first season too.

Pochs team were boo'd off the pitch on more than one occasion

Poch First Season -

Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
38 19 7 12 58 53 +5 64

Ange's First Season

Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
38 20 6 12 74 61 +13 66

And yes, I know Poch had more dross in his squad to get rid of, but he also didn't have the injury issues we had.

What happened at the start of Pochs second season

1 loss to United then 3 draws with Stoke, Leicester and Everton - after that, we lost 5 games the rest of the season.

Did we panic? Am sure some people did, but we stuck with him and arguments aside over whether we backed him properly or not, the shaky results in the first season and the start of the second were not enough reasons to let him go - he was clearly the right guy at the right time for us.

Another thing too

What managers come into a team and actually revolutionise them from day dot for an entire season without a dip in form?

Its as rare as the other way round.

Fair enough.
For me the first 10 games are the litmus test in terms of us moving forward.

I don’t expect us to equal last seasons points tally after 10 games.
But will we be looking to be involved in the top 3 or top 6 race?

Ange has made a lot of noise about aiming for the title so would be nice to see the team walk the walk. For a change.
So fed up of them talking but never doing.

Again, youre using an arbitrary number -

Pochs first 10 games of his second season we

P10 W4 D5 L1 - with those draws being against Stoke, Leicester, Swansea, and Everton and despite an impressive win over City, we scraped past Sunderland and Palace 1-0.

What would your litmus test have you doing back then - Poch Out I guess?

It sounds like you'll require a round of applause cos you called it.
Probably, Are we finished in the transfer market, probably not. Will we have as many injuries to key players this season, hopefully not and probably not as that was freakish last year. Will Ange have learned a little from last years experiences, you betcha.
it's all just opinion really but we really need to see a bit of longevity to Ange's tenure and not a knee jerk reaction after 4 games. Ryan Mason's a great chap but....

he was clearly the right guy at the right time for us.
He was far from "clearly" the right guy. If memory serves me right, in his first season he was one game away from getting sacked. Saved by a late Harry Kane freekick goal against Aston Villa. I think Poch himself said it too at some point.

Second season with the way we started, I can’t say for sure, but I recall there were still some doubts over his head. If you want a confirmation, you can visit his thread but you’ll have to dig deep to find the relevant pages.

Back
Top Bottom