Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would’ve preferred Nagelsmann but I don’t pretend to know enough about this guy (or Slot) to have had a real preference of the two.

Plays attacking, progressive football? Then let’s get him in and see what happens.

what a terrible pick

Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

How involved are the managers in Celtic's transfer business? Do they have a DOF?
When he arrived we had lost a lot of our staff, and he more or less done it all. Since he came, we appointed a head of recruitment and he works well with him.

He brough some guys from Japan when have done well, but others like Jota were being scouted by the club long before he arrived.

His key thing is that players want to be at the club. If they do, he works with them and gets the best from them.

Would be a good appointment, I've said it from the very start

I personally will only be happy with a seasoned, big name manager who's won loads of trophies elsewhere that will show others what a big club we are even if it will be a boring, short-lived disaster.

Hi, i have been keeping an eye on this forum since Ange started getting linked to the job. My hope as a celtic fan would be that Spurs find a bigger name manager and we get to keep Ange. The more time passes the more it seems like this could be a goer.

So i wanted to let you know some thoughts.

Ange came to celtic after Eddie Howe pulled out at the last minute after months of it being a "done deal". He came in through the covid period and immediately found a scottish media desperate to hang him out dry. Majoiry of celtic fans were disappointed dropping from Howe to an unknown, but after finding out a bit about him, we willing to give him a chance (much like many on here seem prepared to do)

After a slow start, Ange pretty quickly put is mark on the team, and the football we started to play is the best i have ever seen. Better than Rodgers team, Martin O'Neill etc. He has no time for players who dont want to be at the club, regardless of reputation, he wants guys who want to be there and its a team ethic over individuals.

His recruitment has been very good, but this is due to him having a clear idea of how he wants the team to play (inverted full backs, fast paced posesion football).

What i have noticed is that better footballers excel under him and ever a lot of average players are improved.

Ange also is very good with the media, and he represents the team well, he can put out fires really well and gets everyone pulling in the right direction.

Lastly, a couple of things, The guys who run celtic, are pretty good a what the do. The Chairmans son worked for the City group for a long time (he has now joined celtic) and it was this relationship that led us to Ange after Eddie Howe (who most people agree would also have been a good appointment.

The City group know football.. Scott Munn was part of this and he will know the candidates linked with the job. Conte and Mourinho were world class managers, but from an outsider, they didnt fit the spurs model. Spurs need someone willing to make the place better, the team better and not sit about grumpy that you dont have the money Man City or Chelsea do.

Cheers for the post dude.

Appreciated.

August 2023

Forster
Royal Dier Romero Sessegnon
Bissouma PEH
Porro Kulu Son
Richarlison

Bonza boys, go n play some attackin football right.

Get mullered,
Sacked by December.

The only way it works is for a proper, super scout to come in, clear all that shit out, spend the Kane money wisely if he goes and lock fucking Levy in an under ground bunker.

Some of you cunts need to get over yourselves...take a look at the Pochettino thread and take a note of all the fucking experts running him down before he even set foot in the door...

This guy is the best we can do at the minute and I've had a gut full of born winners shitting on my club...

I like the cut of his jib and he seems a very decent bloke, however, even the people claiming to row in behind him surely know deep down that this is not going to work out.

When is the last time a manager that was successful in Scotland has come down and done well in the Premier League? The only one you can genuinely say is Brendan Rodgers, who had Celtic playing just as well if not better than Ange, and no one wants to touch him with a barge pole… look at the state of the likes of Gerrard, Strachen, Neill Lennon etc when they came down to manage at even Championship level. Couldn’t hack it in the slightest. It’s just such an incomparable level.

It really is outright incredible that considering the candidates that were available this summer we have somehow landed on Postecoglou, but then again nothing about our ownership should ever surprise anyone anymore.

Back
Top Bottom