Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Ehhh the Barcelona are a top top club. And ehhh the Tottenham are not not..."
Getting Ange in right after Conte really exposes what an insecure fraud Conte is. And how supremely confident Ange is. A manager who has never played or managed in a proper league is more comfortable in his skin than someone who has won everything at the highest level.

Ange is very frequently surly in interviews, but he doesn't like propositions assumed by the interviewer like "the result didn't matter" - suggesting that Ange agrees the result didn't matter, or any number of other things.

Milesy seems to answer his own questions sometimes so that the question continues to evolve until Ange is given his chance to answer, and it takes some untangling.
I think posing questions in the form of answers underestimates the intelligence of the person being interviewed. It's one thing if you do it with a player that's somewhat thick, or a manager that doesn't speak English well. But when you do it with someone like Ange, it's going to become annoying pretty quickly.

I think posing questions in the form of answers underestimates the intelligence of the person being interviewed. It's one thing if you do it with a player that's somewhat thick, or a manager that doesn't speak English well. But when you do it with someone like Ange, it's going to become annoying pretty quickly.

That's exactly it...... That's exactly what that annoying Spursplay bloke does. Wrongly puts himself on par with the pro and is full of "agree with me" energy.

Last edited:
Might be a case of reading too much into things again, bet he was sweating his bollocks off down @ the touchline and just seen he's team concede two late goals to lose the game. Probably the last thing he wanted was to answer questions. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Getting Ange in right after Conte really exposes what an insecure fraud Conte is. And how supremely confident Ange is. A manager who has never played or managed in a proper league is more comfortable in his skin than someone who has won everything at the highest level.
Realism Vs Delusion

This fella has one hell of a task on his hands now

Whilst I do feel sorry for him, a part of me thinks he will be loving the challenge of this. He's never had it easy in his whole career and regardless of what happens this is the shittiest start to the season of any club in the Prem right now.

I'm curious to see how he responds to whatever happens this week with Harry.

Whilst I do feel sorry for him, a part of me thinks he will be loving the challenge of this. He's never had it easy in his whole career and regardless of what happens this is the shittiest start to the season of any club in the Prem right now.

I'm curious to see how he responds to whatever happens this week with Harry.

Not even close mate.......

He'll have us ready either way.

- WH lost Rice are struggling to spend the money, Moyes is at odds with their DOF, they are struggling to recruit new coaches and are now under the cosh for Paquetta too......
- Wolves manager just walked a few days before start of the season.
- Everton are screwed and can't afford to buy any players.
- Chavs new ST is out injured and they look like they might miss out on their #1 target to Liverpool.
- Man U just bough a new ST and he's got a back injury which may end up needing surgery.

Ange is kicking on despite the Kane side-show: new players look decent, some old ones look rejuvenated and we generally look decent.

Last edited:
Ange is probably relishing it tbh.

The expectations in the eyes of some Spurs fans goes further down if Kane leaves. It pretty much gives Ange a *near enough* free ride. He loses his star man and the best player and taken over "a shit squad".

Ange is probably relishing it tbh.

The expectations in the eyes of some Spurs fans goes further down if Kane leaves. It pretty much gives Ange a *near enough* free ride. He loses his star man and the best player and taken over "a shit squad".
I doubt he wants the easy way out. He wants to win.

Back
Top Bottom