Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's great that he immediately recognises the gulf between the off-pitch and on-pitch business of the club.

Everything about us is world-class, except the performances. I really, really hope Conte can be the one to change that.
Echoing exactly what Pochettino was saying for what seemed like an eternity.

Let’s hope the the board actually listen to our manager this time.

Echoing exactly what Pochettino was saying for what seemed like an eternity.

Let’s hope the the board actually listen to our manager this time.
Exactly. It frustrates me because Poch was definitely the right man in the right place at the right time, but I think because he didn't have the same profile as some of the bigger names in the business, the board weren't willing to back him in the same way.

I mean we'll never know for sure, and there were of course other extenuating factors at play (like financing the new stadium), but that's how it felt to me at least.

Love the fact that Conte is pushing hard the fact that whilst the infrastructure and everything around the club is top notch, the on field matters are just not good enough and he bloody knows it. Conte could finally be the guy that unlocks Tottenham’s potential on the pitch. If he can’t do, I honestly don’t think anyone will.

Exactly. It frustrates me because Poch was definitely the right man in the right place at the right time, but I think because he didn't have the same profile as some of the bigger names in the business, the board weren't willing to back him in the same way.

I mean we'll never know for sure, and there were of course other extenuating factors at play (like financing the new stadium), but that's how it felt to me at least.
I’ve said it before, but at the end of 16/17 we had a better team than Liverpool with an equally excellent manager.

Liverpool backed their manager, we didn’t. The rest is history.

When he eventually showed up Conte, who has taken over from Nuno Espirito Santo, said: 'This is a big challenge. A big, big challenge. I know very well that this club is not winning for many years.

'But I think I'm here to build the win. The win doesn't happen after one, two or three days or one month. You must have vision.

'This club has a great vision outside of the pitch. Now we have to start having a vision on the pitch, on the football pitch. This is important if we want to win.'

:contethumb:

Antonio never lets you down, does he? 11min 55sec - "I find a group of players with great evelebty."

Then, just when you think you've cracked it, he introduces the evelebty in a different context. 12 min 30sec - "I have found great evelebty with the players."

...and at 12min 55sec, - "...because we need totally evelebty of the players."

Last edited:
I loved poch but i feel conte is a slight upgrade. Hopefully not another false dawn but feel were in for a golden era providing theres no bullshit antics by levy. Top 4 is achievable this season with carabao and europa conference in the cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom