Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope that twat Levy appreciates he’s got himself one of the best coaches in the world and takes a look at United, goons and countless other teams and takes care of him.

I really hope that twat Levy appreciates he’s got himself one of the best coaches in the world and takes a look at United, goons and countless other teams and takes care of him.
We can but hope. Lets just hope he keeps his meddling out and leaves the football side of things to those that know.

BREAKING SKY NEWS: Antonio Conte quits Spurs with immediate effect after just 1 game in charge. Car seen entering Man Utd training ground. More to discuss shortly.

….Would be as spursy as it gets

WINNING GROUP
A proven staff and the return of Ventrone
Tottenham president Daniel
Levy has proven to
want me at all costs ... ». Behind the words of Antonio Conte there are no,
as many might think, his financial demands: the salary is a top coach, but Levy knew this from the start. To convince Conte it took more. Reassure him about ambitions, a growth project, the desire to bridge the gap with the great ones of England: show him a project, a "vision" as Antonio defined it and put him in the best possible conditions to work to improve the existing group, enrich it in future and lay the foundations for climbing to the top. Not only thanks to already existing really top club facilities, but also by allowing it to carry
with him the staff he asked for with proven and professional elements who instead joined the group for this English adventure, but who had already worked in
passed with Antonio.
The deputy historian is Cristian Stellini. who started with Conte at Juventus in 2011/12 before a couple of experiences as a youth coach with Alessandria and Genoa. So again with Conte at Inter. The great comeback is instead that of Giampiero Ventrone, "the marines" Juventus coach of which Conte was captain.
The two had worked together for Siena. In recent years Ventrone has been to China with Cannavaro at Evergrande, Conte hasn't thought about it
a moment to ask him to follow him. Together with him for athletic training, the loyal Costantino Coratti, with Antonio since 2012, and Stefano Bruno who worked with Conte at Bari and Atalanta, before trying other experiences and returning to Inter with the coach. Conte's staff also includes his brother Gianluca, Technical & Analytics Coach: with Antonio dal Bari, in 2009, he followed him with Juventus, the national team, Chelsea and Inter. Goalkeeper coach the expert Marco Savorani who has
worked and improved
many numbers one, fresh from the experience at Rome.
There is also space in the staff
for those already in the Spurs: it is Ryan Mason, First Team Coach, former Tottenham coach ad interim in 2019. The team is very united. Days start at nine in the morning and end at nine in the evening when the staff gather for dinner right after the last summit. There the work leaves a little space for smiles, relaxation, friendship. Everyone knows Antonio's rhythms and how much it takes to put together a new winning project.
This reminds me of when I was working at Orient. Fabio Liverani was came in as manager. It was a turbulent time at the club as it always is with changes of management.

But it was very clear that the Italian team he had were very close knit. After training all the staff would eat together and talk about the coaching sessions etc. As a professional starting out it was so different to what I was used to under traditional British coaches who basically let people get on with things themselves.

I can certainly relate to what Antonio is doing now at the club. A lot has been made of the nutrition etc but it really is dependent on the coach. Some embrace it, others don't. Certainly in this country we are slower at getting to make those changes, we like doing things the British way. The globalisation of the game really broke barriers in professional football. You still get that in the lower leagues which people associate with British football, but certainly the European/South American coaches and professionals have started to change the thinking of professionals in this country.

I know first hand that the England camp in Burton have been employing practices which are more commonly used in Europe because knowledge can now be shared amongst professionals around the world in an instant.

The main point is that the man at the top has to be flexible to embrace new ideas.

Mourinho has been all around Europe, but seems set in old methods. Antonio has his own methods, but let's see if he evolves in a few years because everyone will cotton on to his methods and start copying or devising methods to counter that. There is very little more that can be done in terms of the preparation of players from a science view. The information is out there, the coaching staff and players either embrace it or don't.

I'm afraid we're going to need much more than Conte for anything meaningful to happen

Love his energy but his energy isn't going to turn a shit squad into a good one
yea love the passion, but that was strange today to leave them shithouses out there for so long. midfield just did not cut it. need a player who can break the lines with the ball like ndombele. just pumping balls into lucas running away from goal with a player up his arse...felt sorry for him.

Obviously tore in to them at half time and they came out flying. Under Nuno we do fuck all and end up limping to a 1-0 loss while he stands on the sideline looking sad. The quality isn't there to realise his vision yet, but we have the right man in charge.

Needs time & backing because we're going to have some shit results.

Back
Top Bottom