Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose had the best press conferences, could really work the media especially in his early days, we saw a glimpse of that when he took over Spurs at the start but then started to go downhill once the pressure increased.

• Conte texts players wishing them a good holiday and telling them to stay fit.
  • Costa sends a jokey reply back.
  • Conte responds by saying: "Hi Diego, I hope you are well. Thanks for the season we spent together. Good luck for the next year but you are not in my plan."
  • Costa shows exchange to fellow players.
Worth pointing out that Costa's reply broke the camel's back rather than Conte just losing his shit out of nowhere.

Costa had been seeking a move away from Chelsea for a while.

Jose had the best press conferences, could really work the media especially in his early days, we saw a glimpse of that when he took over Spurs at the start but then started to go downhill once the pressure increased.
Mourinho is the exception to the rule that most coaches treat pressers as a chore.

Mourinho thrived on them, because he treats all communication as performance art.

Jose said "Everything I do is mind games", which is why Guardiola conceded defeat in that sphere.

Poch was no different.... Just different go-to phrases.....

"Iz Football"

"We work for the right to complete for big things"

Every question about an individual dodged in favour of talking about the collective.

Nuno was the same too; but peeps prefered to call him rude, obnoxious etc. because they thought he was shit.
Not rude, just simple. A deaf and dumb mute with a basic vocabulary and the motivation skills of a marrow

:nunothumb:

Worth pointing out that Costa's reply broke the camel's back rather than Conte just losing his shit out of nowhere.

Costa had been seeking a move away from Chelsea for a while.
Yes. IIRC Costa had a big money offer from China (via Jorge Mendes) and was acting up in training. So Conte told him to his face to "fuck off to China" prior to the text message.

Depends on the coach, some enjoy the media (Mourinho, Klopp, sometimes Guardiola) while others simply tolerate them (Conte and many others)

Who wouldn't be excited to answer the same nonsense questions every time they face the media?

"Good goal you scored today", I mean what are the players supposed to say to that?

Honestly after watching B nick to 2 day... Conte ... He's on a new level ..he's absolutely building a squad team that'll challenge...NO DOUBTS in my mind.. he can do it. Can't say I've ever seen an organised/drilled and fitter unit/squad than this one. We need our middies to start effecting and scorin more... Don't think I've EVÉR felt this confident in a manager.... Pos' el Tel...pos burkenshaw......a glimpse from ari... But NOWHERE near the vibes I'm gettin from what our managers doin..
so yeah he's gettin spurs 'hot to trot' just hope levy doesn't fuc it up over a few quid...which they CAN afford... But hopefully the pennies dropped,. with the new ground trainin facilities, to cover ... they can't afford not to... They've got to much invested to let it fail..

To be honest, given some of the questions the media ask at times I wouldn’t be surprised if all managers get fed up with doing them.

Also, English isn’t his first language and quite often when he speaks it can be broken. Maybe he finds it hard to truly articulate himself in a language which isn’t native to him

I think he just has quite a small english vocabulary and therefore the press pick on some of the words he says and can twist them really easily. See “Ndombele” and “important” which the press used to say he was unhappy at loaning the player out when in reality the opposite was true.

I bet he is, but did you mean something else?

He could have said withdrawals

Pondering Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

Lol, "inserimenti" (lit. "insertions") means "runs into the box" in Italian
Exactly, I am referring to when a defender or a midfielder arrives from behind choosing the right times to score and above all not to put his department in difficulty.

There is an anecdote about the defender Amedeo Carboni and the coach Mazzone.

The coach saw Carboni move forward in a match. At one point angry he yelled at him: "Amedeooo, how many goals have you scored in your career?".

The defender answered a number (very low).

So Mazzoni yelled at him: “So where the fuck are you going, come back to defense“.

What a man <3

ENRS4Y.gif

BRESCIA-ATALANTA 3-3 (30 settembre 2001)
Marcatori: 24', 75' e 90' Baggio (B), 27' Sala (A), 29' Doni (A), 45' Comandini (A)

• BRESCIA: Castellazzi; Petruzzi, Calori, Mero (46' Dainelli), Sussi; Giunti, E. Filippini, A. Filippini (73' Yllana), Esposito (46' Schopp); Baggio, Tare. All. Mazzone
  • ATALANTA: Taibi; Bellini, Paganin, Zauri, Carrera; Sala (50' Rinaldi), Berretta, Zenoni; Doni (83' Rustico); Saudati, Comandini (86' Colombo). All. Vavassori

Baggio equalized in the 90th minute and Mazzone ran under the Atalanta curve after the fans had insulted him all along. The Atalanta - Brescia derby is really bad, tough!

Back
Top Bottom