Apart from Sol Campbell, which player went down in your estimation the most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't most of the squad go on that bender with keane? Are they all cunts aswell or did keane have a gun to their head? You view keane as a complete prick because he organised a Xmas party with his team mates that had no affect on our season

You've clearly not read my message properly.

Read it again.

Last edited:
Don’t act like he never played a bunch of years for the club :avbfacepalm:

I don't understand.
When you want him to act as though he played for us, what do you expect him to do ?
Should he keep talking about Tottenham and paying tribute to them?

How would you feel if Tanguy Ndombele kept talking about Lyon?
Wouldn't that piss you off? Because it would certainly piss me off.

Bale was a great player for us, he went to Real Madrid and we got a world record fee for him.
His commitment should then be towards his new club.

I have no issue with Bale at all.

Alright Jeeezus i'm sorry for not abiding by the TFC official code of conduct

I must be on my best behavior not to protest the hall I mean forum monitors next time.

Beware the Forum policemen 👮‍♂️

Lots of them about!!

Ignorance of any rules that might be broken is no excuse 🧐

Didn't most of the squad go on that bender with keane? Are they all cunts aswell or did keane have a gun to their head? You view keane as a complete prick because he organised a Xmas party with his team mates that had no affect on our season

I quite liked Robbie and he speaks well of us

Showed tremendous bottle when burying an injury time penalty against the Scum at the Lane when the protests and toys being thrown out of the pram by those wankers went on for several minutes
At the Paxton end as I recall

Not sure that anyone is currently not trying but Adeboye certainly did. Hated him for his scum connections but then he just stopped playing.

He never did for Poch true enough but turned in the odd decent performance for Timmy

:sherwoodlol:

Showed tremendous bottle when burying an injury time penalty against the Scum at the Lane when the protests and toys being thrown out of the pram by those wankers went on for several minutes
I really liked him aswell. I definitely don't think he is an ex player to be called a prick. As you said he speaks very fondly of us

Another was Freddie Kanoute for the way he fucked off mid-season to the African Cup of Nations to play for Mali (who he had NEVER played for before - he couldn't get into the France squad) at a time when we were in desperate trouble in the League and he was the only person scoring goals for us.
His actions could have got us relegated.

I find it hard to begrudge a player his international ambitions and it wasn't his responsibility to carry the whole team. We had four other strikers on the books in 03/04 and a whole squad of players who under-achieved. We didn't have a problem scoring goals; we were letting too many in (a cup tie against Man City springs to mind) and that's not the striker's fault.

Was this before or after Christmas 2009?

Was this before or after Christmas 2009?

Can’t remember mate and can’t be arsed to look but they had to avoid defeat to win the title I think
Henry went and decided to celebrate in front of the Park Lane faithful and some trouble followed

I find it hard to begrudge a player his international ambitions and it wasn't his responsibility to carry the whole team. We had four other strikers on the books in 03/04 and a whole squad of players who under-achieved. We didn't have a problem scoring goals; we were letting too many in (a cup tie against Man City springs to mind) and that's not the striker's fault.

His international ambitions with a second choice country he had never played for after not being able to get into the France squad...

We were averaging a goal a game at the time so I would say scoring goals was a problem.

Can’t remember mate and can’t be arsed to look but they had to avoid defeat to win the title I think
Henry went and decided to celebrate in front of the Park Lane faithful and some trouble followed

Henry left Woolwich in 2007 and returned briefly in 2012 so this was during Keane's first spell at the club.

And if Woolwich were going for the title then it was definitely before Christmas 2009!

How much did that Xmas party affect our season? Or even december?

Well, we lost at home to a team who finished 15th three days later...

So, yes, it could very well have been a factor, especially when we were in the top 4 at the time.

But even if it didn't affect results in any way, it is not OK to disregard the manager's express instructions and go behind his back.

When I was a nipper, Lineker was my absolute idol. I was gutted he chose the cash in Japan, and then seeing him care less and less about us, culminating with his joy at Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with us in the ‘Leicester’ season... I understand he’s a Leicester boy but still.

Back
Top Bottom