Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I support the whole club - not just the bits I like best - pretending we haven't played entertaining football when just last season we had the Golden Boot winner, and set EPL records for goals and assists by a striking duo - yet less than six months later you call that shit unentertaining football.

Seriously though, you enjoyed the football we put on show last season? Really? Like honestly.

Record ST sales and 57,000 at home games would tend to disagree .... but believe what you want.

Woolwich fans unanimously despise their owners yet will still regularly pack their stadium and sell season tickets. Fans are fickle .. I didn't say there was a revolution starting against ENIC, I said they were pretty handily disliked. Which they are.

But attendances are already starting to drop. And there's been a severe drop off of late in season ticket sales too. But if you want to ignore this is so you can jam your tongue even further up ENIC's rectum than it currently is, go ahead. You've ignored everything else.

Do you go to the game and stand in the road outside with a painted sheet looking a complete prat? You probably do, is that really your idea of support?

And no I don't, protests are a waste of time. I simply don't give a penny to the club until we get owners who are dedicated to the sporting success of the team, rather than people who are more interested in their art collection or a new yacht.

As long as the owners treat this club like a property venture and continue to ignore our slide down the table, they don't deserve the fans money. They can continue to rob the sycophants like you though, who like to pretend supporting your football club means supporting the tax fraud, dried up, soulless excuse for an owner.

Seriously though, you enjoyed the football we put on show last season? Really? Like honestly.
Enjoyed the 6-1 at Old Trafford and all the other wins 2-0 v City, 2-0 v Woolwich etc .... sure some of the stuff we played was rubbish and Morinho was a massive fail, however glass half full always beats glass half empty ... and 7th is more than half full.

Not saying it was a great year, it obviously wasn't, just try being a bit more balanced.

Last edited:
Woolwich fans unanimously despise their owners yet will still regularly pack their stadium and sell season tickets. Fans are fickle .. I didn't say there was a revolution starting against ENIC, I said they were pretty handily disliked. Which they are.

But attendances are already starting to drop. And there's been a severe drop off of late in season ticket sales too. But if you want to ignore this is so you can jam your tongue even further up ENIC's rectum than it currently is, go ahead. You've ignored everything else.
Hmmmmm

Season ticket sales this season are an all time club record - is that what you mean by drop-off.

Attendance at the last game was down due to a fuel shortage - less down than West Ham on the same weekend, are they all revolting as well?

If you want to talk out your arse then go ahead ... you just look a total fool.

And no I don't, protests are a waste of time. I simply don't give a penny to the club until we get owners who are dedicated to the sporting success of the team, rather than people who are more interested in their art collection or a new yacht.

As long as the owners treat this club like a property venture and continue to ignore our slide down the table, they don't deserve the fans money. They can continue to rob the sycophants like you though, who like to pretend supporting your football club means supporting the tax fraud, dried up, soulless excuse for an owner.

Why are you posting then if you're no longer a supporter? If you only support the club when they're winning isn't that the very definition of a glory hunter?

Why are you posting then if you're no longer a supporter? If you only support the club when they're winning isn't that the very definition of a glory hunter?

Yes, if you don't buy stuff from the club, you're no longer a supporter. Newcastle fans who stopped putting money in Ashley's pocket no longer supporting the club. Your takes are so laughably bad its a wonder anyone even engages with you at all.

Yes, if you don't buy stuff from the club, you're no longer a supporter. Newcastle fans who stopped putting money in Ashley's pocket no longer supporting the club. Your takes are so laughably bad its a wonder anyone even engages with you at all.

You said you no longer give money to the club - ergo no longer support - you clearly don't watch games because that would mean paying towards Spurs TV revenue, something you claim not to do ...

or are you perhaps just talking out your arse again?

If it makes you feel any better I shagged Woodgate's girlfriend.

Well, it certainly made me feel better!

Doubt it made her feel any better...

got talent yes GIF by TV4

You said you no longer give money to the club - ergo no longer support - you clearly don't watch games because that would mean paying towards Spurs TV revenue, something you claim not to do ...

or are you perhaps just talking out your arse again?

Supporting a club isn't about putting money in the owners pocket, you dunce. I get why as an ENIC fan that would be your belief, but it isn't. It's in the clubs best interests to get the current owners to sell as soon as possible, continuing to financially support them so they can do nothing to help the squad itself isn't beneficial.

And there are other ways to watch football games, which I'm sure you're aware of.

Hmmmmm

Season ticket sales this season are an all time club record - is that what you mean by drop-off.

Attendance at the last game was down due to a fuel shortage - less down than West Ham on the same weekend, are they all revolting as well?

If you want to talk out your arse then go ahead ... you just look a total fool.

I'm sure we'll see a packed Spurs stadium going forward throughout the season then, I look forward to it. There's no way playing mid-table football (at best) whilst charging top of the line prices could ever backfire on the club, no siree.

As for 'record' season ticket sales, you know the context there, everybody does.

Supporting a club isn't about putting money in the owners pocket, you dunce. I get why as an ENIC fan that would be your belief, but it isn't. It's in the clubs best interests to get the current owners to sell as soon as possible, continuing to financially support them so they can do nothing to help the squad itself isn't beneficial.

And there are other ways to watch football games, which I'm sure you're aware of.
We get it - the 57,000 who turn up next home game are all cunts for lying ENIC's pockets - you've made your opinion of those fans very clear .... somehow I doubt very much any of them will miss you.

We get it - the 57,000 who turn up next home game are all cunts for lying ENIC's pockets - you've made your opinion of those fans very clear .... somehow I doubt any of them will miss you.

This isn't the first time you've decided to twist what I've said, so this will be my final reply to you. Not going to continue to engage with someone who tries to spin to the extent you do, it's an exercise in futility.

But just to clarify, I don't bare any ill will to fans who go to games. I still do on occasion myself, to support the team. I understand why people put their dislike for the owners aside to go and see us. But what I'm clearly saying is that you can support the club but decide that the current ownership isn't worthy of your money, as you believe they aren't putting it to good use.

That doesn't make you any less of a supporter. Some of the most dedicated fans of clubs I know have taken a stand against owners who have shown contempt for the fans and the team. You thinking being a fan is about slavish loyalty to the current owners of the club says everything I need to know about you as a person.

This isn't the first time you've decided to twist what I've said, so this will be my final reply to you. Not going to continue to engage with someone who tries to spin to the extent you do, it's an exercise in futility.

But just to clarify, I don't bare any ill will to fans who go to games. I still do on occasion myself, to support the team. I understand why people put their dislike for the owners aside to go and see us. But what I'm clearly saying is that you can support the club but decide that the current ownership isn't worthy of your money, as you believe they aren't putting it to good use.

That doesn't make you any less of a supporter. Some of the most dedicated fans of clubs I know have taken a stand against owners who have shown contempt for the fans and the team. You thinking being a fan is about slavish loyalty to the current owners of the club says everything I need to know about you as a person.

So why not start from that position?

"They can continue to rob the sycophants, who like to pretend supporting your football club means supporting the tax fraud, dried up, soulless excuse for an owner"

So you started by slamming anyone who supports the club whilst ENIC are the owners, then after a series of backtracking posts you end up saying -

"I don't bare any ill will to fans who go to games. I still do on occasion myself, to support the team. I understand why people put their dislike for the owners aside to go and see us"

So you got there in the end, but why start with all that hate?

So why not start from that position?

"They can continue to rob the sycophants, who like to pretend supporting your football club means supporting the tax fraud, dried up, soulless excuse for an owner"

So you started by slamming anyone who supports the club whilst ENIC are the owners, then after a series of backtracking posts you end up saying -

"I don't bare any ill will to fans who go to games. I still do on occasion myself, to support the team. I understand why people put their dislike for the owners aside to go and see us"

So you got there in the end, but why start with all that hate?

Jesus .. read what you've just quoted.

Do all the match going fans think supporting the club means supporting the owners? No.

I'm happy for anyone who thinks that to get robbed. It's a shitty stance to take, and I have no sympathy for anyone who holds that belief. Most of the match going fans I know hate Levy/ENIC but go for their kids and for some memories. They respect people who choose not to go because of the owners. Although honestly, of those I do know, most have stopped going so regularly, and many have stopped entirely.

It's fans like you SPECIFICALLY who I have contempt for. Not everyone who buys a shirt for their kid, or goes to a game etc.

Jesus .. read what you've just quoted.

Do all the match going fans think supporting the club means supporting the owners? No.

I'm happy for anyone who thinks that to get robbed. It's a shitty stance to take, and I have no sympathy for anyone who holds that belief. Most of the match going fans I know hate Levy/ENIC but go for their kids and for some memories. They respect people who choose not to go because of the owners. Although honestly, of those I do know, most have stopped going so regularly, and many have stopped entirely.

It's fans like you SPECIFICALLY who I have contempt for. Not everyone who buys a shirt for their kid, or goes to a game etc.
So you just called all the fans who go sycophants because you don't have contempt for them ... OK

"Although honestly, of those I do know, most have stopped going so regularly, and many have stopped entirely"

No doubt that's true but record season ticket sales indicate that's not the norm.

You can throw insults and anecdotes all you want - bottom line any supporter can support the club any way they want - it's not up to you or me to decide what's right or wrong - we just share our opinions.

So you just called all the fans who go sycophants because you don't have contempt for them ... OK

"Although honestly, of those I do know, most have stopped going so regularly, and many have stopped entirely"

No doubt that's true but record season ticket sales indicate that's not the norm.

You can throw insults and anecdotes all you want - bottom line any supporter can support the club any way they want - it's not up to you or me to decide what's right or wrong - we just share our opinions.

I referred to fans like you as sycophants. Do you represent the match going fans? In any way?

And you get insults purely for twisting what I’ve said, on multiple occasions. Not because you’re an ENIC stooge.

Back
Top Bottom