AVB - Manager of the Month - December 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_loh8t15ofq1qjkmbno1_500.gif

Congratulations to AVB.

Haters gonna hate.

This seems to be one of the most tired and trite by-products of the internet age.

The whole idea that every opinion is a polarised view, and that by default any less than complimentary remark - is some indication that people hate something.

My wife does this, oh you hate turnip don't you? - Err no, I just don't like it enough to want to eat it.

I can't imagine that there is one mentally balanced supporter of Tottenham who doesn't want AVB to do well, collect awards and win trophies. But if anyone asks a question that might bring in to doubt his management or tactical acumen - all hell breaks loose, just why is that?

And why is it that there is this massive hypocrisy amongst so many people - who squawk and shriek if AVB is questioned, yet there is a howling trough of internet baboons cackling and joining in over any disparaging remark about Redknapp?

So many people with dual standards.

Does anyone fear if AVB does well this season - Real Madrid CF might come knocking when looking for Jose's replacement?

Who is realistically left on their list - Klopp? Klinsmann? Rafa on a short-term deal? Mancini?

Personally, I think our man has learnt his lesson from these megalomaniac, detached from reality, unrealistic establishments and would think twice before taking on a job (and fans!) which is quite possilbly the most fickle in the world of modern football.

Really - do you seriously think that his response wasn't a derogatory one?

I saw it as exactly that - because there was no need to reply in that manner, if he wanted a debate or to discuss. It was a needless and insulting put down, which is why he got the reply he did.

He made no attempt to explain or apologise, and to be honest - it was yet another condescing or derogatory response, after others from the same poster. I'm not in the business of issuing amnesties after every incident. If people want to be pleasant to me - thats exactly what they get back, he could have argued with my post, or asked me to explain - and then systematically unravelled and destroyed my POV, if his argument held water - and I would have accepted it.

Same goes for everyone, you are not getting any grief, bad manners or insults, because you are treating it as a discussion. I understand the point you are making, and to a greater or lesser degree I have no argument - but I remain unrepentant with certain posters, because when I am given no quarter or am given undeserved crap, then I believe I am at liberty to return fire.

Of course it wasn't derogatory. Clearly you have an incredibly thin skin Mr Harmer. Now much as we would all like to live in the halcyon days of ancient Greece where everyone sat around and made reasoned arguments at each other. We don't. We are living in the modern age, people make points with humour, with satire, and yes with sarcasm. If you can't deal with that, then there is no need to deride and abuse them. Just dust yourself off, and make your salient points, those willing to take up the debate will. If you don't want to join in with peoples humour then don't.

I for one enjoy the humorous and irreverent nature of the debates here. I even enjoy some of the arguments, I don't see any malice in it. I won't say I love everyone here or get on with everyone, but that's part of the nature and character of debate and banter.

Does anyone fear if AVB does well this season - Real Madrid CF might come knocking when looking for Jose's replacement?

Who is realistically left on their list - Klopp? Klinsmann? Rafa on a short-term deal? Mancini?

Personally, I think our man has learnt his lesson from these megalomaniac, detached from reality, unrealistic establishments and would think twice before taking on a job (and fans!) which is quite possilbly the most fickle in the world of modern football.

I think Benitez topped a recent fan poll.

Of course it wasn't derogatory. Clearly you have an incredibly thin skin Mr Harmer. Now much as we would all like to live in the halcyon days of ancient Greece where everyone sat around and made reasoned arguments at each other. We don't. We are living in the modern age, people make points with humour, with satire, and yes with sarcasm. If you can't deal with that, then there is no need to deride and abuse them. Just dust yourself off, and make your salient points, those willing to take up the debate will. If you don't want to join in with peoples humour then don't.

I for one enjoy the humorous and irreverent nature of the debates here. I even enjoy some of the arguments, I don't see any malice in it. I won't say I love everyone here or get on with everyone, but that's part of the nature and character of debate and banter.
Maybe in isolation, you could, with smoke and mirrors make that assumption, however as I said, its not the first post from the same poster with the same intent. So thanks for your input, but as clearly as you think me to be wrong, I remain convinced I'm not. I do take on board the comment made earlier - and I will take more effort to brush it off and take the high ground, if such a thing exists on the internet, in future.
I'd take more heed of your sage advice, if it wasn't for the fact that its coming from someone who was quite happy to pour abuse and profanities on me, because I disagreed with your assessment of Dembele - amongst other failings, including my heinous attack on your diminished mobility - despite having no knowledge of it. (and yet - you accuse me of having a thin skin! - nice...)

You'll forgive me - I hope, if I take your comments with a pinch of salt.

Maybe in isolation, you could, with smoke and mirrors make that assumption, however as I said, its not the first post from the same poster with the same intent. So thanks for your input, but as clearly as you think me to be wrong, I remain convinced I'm not. I do take on board the comment made earlier - and I will take more effort to brush it off and take the high ground, if such a thing exists on the internet, in future.
I'd take more heed of your sage advice, if it wasn't for the fact that its coming from someone who was quite happy to pour abuse and profanities on me, because I disagreed with your assessment of Dembele - amongst other failings, including my heinous attack on your diminished mobility - despite having no knowledge of it. (and yet - you accuse me of having a thin skin! - nice...)

You'll forgive me - I hope, if I take your comments with a pinch of salt.

Our previous grievances had nothing to do with it. You were disrespectful to me so I was disrespectful to you. The fact that I find you a contemptible human being does factor into my opinion of you. But frankly Kalyl Kalyl said nothing wrong to you in his post, and you did nothing but make snide puerile little comments in response. If you want a reasoned debate maybe you should take your own advice. Your opinion reeks of double standards.

And before you try and lay any blame for previous aggression at my door, just remember you fired the first shot.

Our previous grievances had nothing to do with it. You were disrespectful to me so I was disrespectful to you. The fact that I find you a contemptible human being does factor into my opinion of you. But frankly Kalyl Kalyl said nothing wrong to you in his post, and you did nothing but make snide puerile little comments in response. If you want a reasoned debate maybe you should take your own advice. Your opinion reeks of double standards.

And before you try and lay any blame for previous aggression at my door, just remember you fired the first shot.
miss, miss It wasn't my fault - he started it........... good lord, surely you can do better than that?

you know nothing about me - therefore you are not in a position to make any judgements about me - apart from that as a poster. And also - I suggest you consult a dictionary, before trying to damn anything I said, as the response I gave to Kalyl was neither snide nor puerile. It was a derogatory put down, but it was clear, unequivocal and reasoned, and expressed in mature and eloquent English. It was a response to a puerile and snide remark, so maybe thats where the confusion lies.

Stick up for your buddy all you like, I know what I know.

miss, miss It wasn't my fault - he started it........... good lord, surely you can do better than that?

you know nothing about me - therefore you are not in a position to make any judgements about me - apart from that as a poster. And also - I suggest you consult a dictionary, before trying to damn anything I said, as the response I gave to Kalyl was neither snide nor puerile. It was a derogatory put down, but it was clear, unequivocal and reasoned, and expressed in mature and eloquent English. It was a response to a puerile and snide remark, so maybe thats where the confusion lies.

Stick up for your buddy all you like, I know what I know.

So you believe that your response to claims that QPR have a massive, fairly talented and experienced (albiet lazy) squad to be reasoned? No, you just insulted the guy, and insinuated that he had little or no intelligence. Your main argument was that Harry had somehow worked a miracle at QPR by getting them to beat Chelsea and then us with the meagre talent at his disposal.

The facts, to get us back on topic as it were, are that QPR have a huge squad full of proven internationals and experienced premier league players, the fact they have only won 2 games all season is more down to Mark Hughes lamentable ability as a manager than their lack of playing staff.

The reason Harry has managed to get results in the last two games has nothing to do with performing some kind of mercurial man management feat, and more to do with the realisation that the vast majority of his vast squad are lazy and happy simply to collect their pay checks.

He tried playing football against Liverpool and got embarrassed, so instead against Chelsea he played siege and won, he tried the same against us and got a good result. IMO this won't keep him up. They will have to lower their drawer bridge at some point in the season.

Now this is not to say that Redknapp isn't a good coach, just that he is not the second coming. I can honestly see him leaving QPR in the same debt riddled state he left Portsmouth in. That is to say, like Hughes before him, left unrestrained Redknapp is a liability in the transfer market. I hope for the "R"s sake that Fernandes doesn't get bored in the championship.

Back
Top Bottom