Barça is bankrupt. 1.000M€ debt and January's wages can't be paid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finally.

Perhaps you'd like to change the title of the Madrid thread from "the fascist club", when there is no evidence that they are or ever have been to any considerable extent.

Historically, Barcelona sucked up to Franco more than Madrid did. When I first came to Spain in 1990 there was a small number of their (most vocal, admittedly) fans who were a problem, but unlike at Atleti and Valencia, to name just two big clubs, they are long gone from the stadium - something Florentino Pérez has never been given any credit for oddly.

"Let's all laugh at Real Madrid" is fine, especially when one club with far stronger links to the far right and racism in England has such a thread title.

Finally.

Perhaps you'd like to change the title of the Madrid thread from "the fascist club", when there is no evidence that they are or ever have been to any considerable extent.

Historically, Barcelona sucked up to Franco more than Madrid did. When I first came to Spain in 1990 there was a small number of their (most vocal, admittedly) fans who were a problem, but unlike at Atleti and Valencia, to name just two big clubs, they are long gone from the stadium - something Florentino Pérez has never been given any credit for oddly.

"Let's all laugh at Real Madrid" is fine, especially when one club with far stronger links to the far right and racism in England has such a thread title.
Compromised for now: Club - Come here to laugh at (the semi/possibly/historically/for a moment in time-Fascist Club) Real Madrid

:ange-bored:

You can't see the possibly?
Even that is a stretch.

I can't say this enough, there are clubs in Spain that are far more "fascist" than Real Madrid, historically and most definitely in recent years and currently.

And as I said earlier, there's one from England which certainly are, who have been as long as I can remember and who have fucked with us (among others) who only merit a "Come here to laugh at..."

None of those things are true though.
There's enough meat on the bones to suggest that fascists supported Franco's Club when Franco was in power (obviously many other clubs too). But the Di Stéfano signing also lends to a somewhat dodgy interference by Franco in getting him to sign for RM instead of Barca (a club I also hate with a growing passion).

I know there is a lot of trash-talking and rumour after rumour and twisting of narratives over the last 70-odd years or whatever it is.

There's enough meat on the bones to suggest that fascists supported Franco's Club when Franco was in power (obviously many other clubs too). But the Di Stéfano signing also lends to a somewhat dodgy interference by Franco in getting him to sign for RM instead of Barca (a club I also hate with a growing passion).

I know there is a lot of trash-talking and rumour after rumour and twisting of narratives over the last 70-odd years or whatever it is.
I've lost count of how many times I've explained this but they weren't Franco's Club for the simple reason that Franco hated football.

Finally.

I went to Barcelona and my veggie wife was pleased they had banned bull fighting!
Barca not exactly animal lovers as they had banned it for being too Spanish 🙄🤣

I've lost count of how many times I've explained this but they weren't Franco's Club for the simple reason that Franco hated football.
My guess is that naming your rather impressive home stadium for a man who fought for the Nationalists under Franco during the Civil War doesn’t help you in this regard.

Naming stadiums for fascist sympathizers tends to suggest your own sympathies might lie in the same direction.

Even that is a stretch.

I can't say this enough, there are clubs in Spain that are far more "fascist" than Real Madrid, historically and most definitely in recent years and currently.

And as I said earlier, there's one from England which certainly are, who have been as long as I can remember and who have fucked with us (among others) who only merit a "Come here to laugh at..."
Whataboutery, they can have their own fascists threads too.

My guess is that naming your rather impressive home stadium for a man who fought for the Nationalists under Franco during the Civil War doesn’t help you in this regard.

Naming stadiums for fascist sympathizers tends to suggest your own sympathies might lie in the same direction.
Half of Spain fought for the nationalists. The evidence suggests that Santiago Bernabéu was far from being a committed fascist.

Half of Spain fought for the nationalists. The evidence suggests that Santiago Bernabéu was far from being a committed fascist.
You really are a bit het up over a playful put down of a team that isn't supposed to be yours. Why? It's oddly humour less even for you. Can we agree on Santiago being a part time (less than committed fascist? ) If nothing else.

Last edited:
That may be the case but Bernabéu spoke about ‘the reconquest of Catalonia’ (through his football team) and said ‘I like Catalonia very much except for Catalan people.’ He wasn’t just talking about Barcelona fans.

Quacking like a duck encourages people to think you’re a duck.

Back
Top Bottom