Barça is bankrupt. 1.000M€ debt and January's wages can't be paid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean the wagons and dysentry and stuff? Could be, if so. More time spent telling stories and things, takes longer to get letters around (so month was more relevant).
Keep going with that thought.

You've been on the trail for months. You mosey into town, saunter up to the saloon, and sidle up to the bar. After you order your whiskey, you ask 'What month of the year is it?' Because you could give a shit what day it is; that doesn't really hold any significance whatsoever.

Keep going with that thought.

You've been on the trail for months. You mosey into town, saunter up to the saloon, and sidle up to the bar. After you order your whiskey, you ask 'What month of the year is it?' Because you could give a shit what day it is; that doesn't really hold any significance whatsoever.
Hahaha, good point! When your leg is rotting off, you've lost 3 of your 15 kids to dysentry, your horse hates you and your wife is running out of gingham, who gives a fuck if it's a weekend. That bar is opening!

But, as a data guy, I love the yyyyMMddHHmmss format. Sort yourself out!
This the only logical way for dates. Everything is then automatically sorted chronologically.

As far as the difference in American and UK date ordering, I would propose that, as with a lot of our word spellings and other language uses, its a result of American obsession with expedience. We cut an entire syllable out of aluminum/aluminium, after all.

Historically dates were spoken of thus, the fourth day of March in the year of our lord two-thousand and twenty-one. This, obviously became the 4th of March, 2021. Which became 4/3/2021. Somewhere between the second step and the third step, Americans got tired of saying 'of' all the fucking time and started saying March 4th, 2021. So when everyone got literate it became 3/4/2021.

I think I know why.

MatLab is to maths what enterprise software architecture is to coding. It assumes a firm understanding of the patterns and principles. Teaching coding via MatLab is something I imagine a Maths teacher with Asperger's would try to do. It's not mean, it's just not empathetic and, fundamentally really fucking hard. It's also hardly practical, since it would rail-road you into data science or researcher positions, not really coding. That's not a bad thing, since they are growth markets, but expecting to code and getting MatLab is like a mouth full of mud pie.

Python is a much better entry point if you're coming from Maths. It's a good all-rounder, in fact.

COYS!
I may give it another round one day when I have time to learn. I've got a rather solid app idea I'd love to get to market (not even particularly to get rich but mostly because it would greatly help my life) that is database heavy (which turns me on), but I'm an absolute moron when it comes to coding and couldn't make a program tell me 1+1=2 wt this point.

Don't ruin a good numbers discussion with fucking chemistry, please.
Both spellings are valid. After all, nobody complains about Platinum. They refined the metal from a material known then as Alumina, so Aluminum was one of the first proposed names. Then later some snooty assholes thought that "-ium" made it sound more Latin.

I may give it another round one day when I have time to learn. I've got a rather solid app idea I'd love to get to market (not even particularly to get rich but mostly because it would greatly help my life) that is database heavy (which turns me on), but I'm an absolute moron when it comes to coding and couldn't make a program tell me 1+1=2 wt this point.
Ideas are usually the easy part, execution is hard, marketing is harder. If you're not doing it for the money, that helps.

FWIW, I'm a data-driven application developer with a lot of online marketing experience. Happy to advise, just PM me.

Both spellings are valid. After all, nobody complains about Platinum. They refined the metal from a material known then as Alumina, so Aluminum was one of the first proposed names. Then later some snooty assholes thought that "-ium" made it sound more Latin.
As I recall, it was originally supposed to be Alumium but then Aluminum, then as you say snooty assholes pushed Aluminium. It was in the early 20th century that the American Chemists Assoc. decided "fuck that, this word is too long, let's go with aluminum"

As I recall, it was originally supposed to be Alumium but then Aluminum, then as you say snooty assholes pushed Aluminium. It was in the early 20th century that the American Chemists Assoc. decided "fuck that, this word is too long, let's go with aluminum"
Well at least we can all agree that 'Alumium" is fucking stupid.

Nice.

I work in finance, you would be surprised how many big money decisions are made based on spreadsheet formula similar to this. Often after the original author having left the company and no one really knowing what it does.

When in IT in Gov, I used to get sent to 'that guy', who wrote those length of formulas, we would get the call "I've been updating my formula and it is not outputting correctly now"...

iu

(All I usually did was "so, when was it last working? Can we recover that from the shadow copy for you?" when he would keep bleeting on about checking the formula and it being right...)

So now reports are saying that Barto used Barcelona funds to finance anti-Catalonia groups as well.

This is reaching cartoon levels of villainy from good old Barto.

Back
Top Bottom