Barça is bankrupt. 1.000M€ debt and January's wages can't be paid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least La Liga has - unlike the EPL - a salary cap.
I don't understand the glee among certain Spurs supporters over Barca's economic difficulties. It's a club basically owned by the fans, has one of the best football academies in the world, and has a philosophy (like Spurs) to play attacking football and stood up against the Franco-supported Real M.
I am not against clubs having to follow fair play rules, though. But what really is fair play?

Last edited:
Bullshit. The wages at Barca and Madrid far exceed anything offered by Premier League clubs.

This version of football needs to die an excruciating death.

I said that there is a salary cap in La Liga - that was my point. I did not say their salary bill was not higher than any of the EPL clubs 😁
PS! I do believe it is sickening how much players are earning - including the 2 best players in the world, Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo. Yes, one can blame greedy, filthy agents for part of it, but the clubs are also letting themselves being manipulated by them because most big clubs have the same, errr..." values."

At least La Liga has - unlike the EPL - have a salary cap.
I don't understand the glee among certain Spurs supporters over Barca's economic difficulties. It's a club basically owned by the fans, has one of the best football academies in the world, and has a philosophy (like Spurs) to play attacking football and stood up against the Franco-supported Real M.
I am not against clubs having to follow fair play rules, though. But what really is fair play?
We do have a salary cap based on revenue same as a Liga who only brought theirs in after us due to the shitty mismanagement.

The rules were rightly brought in to stop clubs keeping going bust,

We do have a salary cap based on revenue same as a Liga who only brought theirs in after us due to the shitty mismanagement.

Do we? I thought I read one club (Everton maybe) were running at something like 110% wages to revenue, or something accountanty along those lines, basically running at a loss on wages alone.

Which suggests that no cap exists.

There is no salary cap in the EPL. There are rules about finances yes but no set salary cap.

Do we? I thought I read one club (Everton maybe) were running at something like 110% wages to revenue, or something accountanty along those lines, basically running at a loss on wages alone.

Which suggests that no cap exists.
We did until 2019 (didn't see it confirmed that we scrapped it)

There is no salary cap in the EPL. There are rules about finances yes but no set salary cap.

STCC were a control on salary increases relating to income increases /similar to Spain now.

Funny enough I saw them talking about scrapping it but not confirmed and at the exact same time scum were about to fall foul.

Last accounts I can see for Everton were 85%,shocking and I imagine worse in the next set

When in IT in Gov, I used to get sent to 'that guy', who wrote those length of formulas, we would get the call "I've been updating my formula and it is not outputting correctly now"...

iu

(All I usually did was "so, when was it last working? Can we recover that from the shadow copy for you?" when he would keep bleeting on about checking the formula and it being right...)
I love that meme/gif (whatever it’s called) of that guy beating up his 486/Pentium 1.

Exclusive: Barca have just announced they will exclusively focus upon 5-a-side from here on.
In all fairness they have great Futsal team and also the mens handball team is or used to be decent. I have lost a bit track but i seem to remember a few years back Spain had a ok handball league. Barcelona as a club is a big organisation i doubt they will fall on the sword.

Bullshit. The wages at Barca and Madrid far exceed anything offered by Premier League clubs.

This version of football needs to die an excruciating death.

I think he re-signed for allegedly half that. I don't know how he's going to survive on a mere 70M a year.

They say Kane is being offered 400K a week which is going to set precedents in the PL. There is a financial apartheid in football now which is very unappealing.

Football year 18
Total wages
1 FC Barcelona ESP 529m. 40% increase
2 Real Madrid CF ESP 431m 6% increase
3 Paris Saint-Germain FRA 337m 24% increase
4 Manchester United FC ENG 334m 9 % increase
5 FC Bayern Munchen GER 315m 14% increase
6 Manchester City FC ENG 314m -6% decrease
7 Liverpool FC ENG 298m 22% increase
8 Chelsea FC ENG 275m 8% increase
9 Woolwich FC ENG 271m 16% increase
10 Juventus ITA 261m - 1% decrease