Bar codes vs the wankers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m all laughed out.
buzzing but exhausted. Those gooners in despair really take it out of you.
5 hour drive home dreading meeting yids tomorrow. I’m kinda feeling sorry for them. By sorry I mean pissing myself.
gooners did Mr Bean proud.
Angry Mr Bean GIF by Working Title

last train to CL.

Arteta actually reminds me of Howe. Both managers who seem to espouse or who are lauded as having a proactive ethos but neither really seems to have the ability to coach or apply a clear tactical ethos.

I don't think I've watched one Woolwich game in the last two seasons and seen a clear identity, a clear collective ethos, even in single games they rarely manage to play out a cohesive 90 minutes.

I'm not one to normally do this, but under the current circumstances, it seemed remiss not to....

One thing worse than a bad loser, is a bad winner....

Luckily, ArseAnal have proved to be both down the years...

1990's-early 2000's: insufferable and unbearable gloating cunts....

2016 *onwards: true colours well and truly shown!

* Apart from the FA Cup wins, when they INSTANTLY reverted to type circa. 1990'/200's...

PIfQZZ.gif

I've done a bus-conductor bus-conductor and just watched the game.

As I've said all season, if you get after Woolwich they will crumble.
For a long time people have looked at us as a soft touch. I think people will now look at Woolwich in that way. You get at them and their soft underbelly gets exposed.

Looking forward to the newspaper headlines tomorrow.

My headline would read: Toothless Woolwich dented by toothless Wilson
😂 😂 😂

Arteta actually reminds me of Howe. Both managers who seem to espouse or who are lauded as having a proactive ethos but neither really seems to have the ability to coach or apply a clear tactical ethos.

I don't think I've watched one Woolwich game in the last two seasons and seen a clear identity, a clear collective ethos, even in single games they rarely manage to play out a cohesive 90 minutes.
Would you put Rodgers in that bracket too? I think they all have ideas of systems and personal and how they want to play but are poor defensive coaches and I think teams should be built on tactical defensive solidity before anything else. Working hard off the ball, making the right defensive choices at the right time (when to press, when to drop off and be compact), who to pick up, great communication, taking responsibility etc.

I think he's an ok 'with the ball coach'*, but like the other two, isn't a great 'without the ball coach'. I also think none of them are great managers (in terms of managing people) which is the hardest part of the job and can't really be taught - it takes big presence and an almost crazy intensity and drive that Pep, Klopp, Conte and Tuchel have.

I thought Newcastle played with great intensity tonight and really didn't take their foot off the gas and Arse couldn't live with it. I'm glad we didn't have to play them.

*I'm not convinced Pep is a great without the ball manager either outside of the press, but he has fantastic players who keep possession so well that they rarely get exposed. We've beaten them too many times when they had the superior team and he never seems to learn from it.

HI Spurs fans. NUFC fan in peace. I had the pleasure of watching us beat but also nullify Woolwich tonight and I'm glad we've done you a favour.

I've never had much affinity when it comes to clubs down south but I always want you to get one over Woolwich. Mainly because I know this wanker who's an Woolwich fan who doesn't like me, for no other reason that he just doesn't like me. He said the only thing he hates more than me is Spurs.

So please, we've done our bit. Do yours and put Woolwich in the Europa League so I can laugh so much on Sunday.

Cheers. All the the best :)

Also think Arse transfers in recent years have been a bit meh too, few decent ones but a lot of average/poor bit like us really.
Difference is that we now have a top drawer manager and they have one who should've carried on coaching.

For next 6 days Im Gonna sound like a high pitched Scouser on speed and hippy crack.
and by next Monday I’ll turn it up to 11 till next season.

Would you put Rodgers in that bracket too? I think they all have ideas of systems and personal and how they want to play but are poor defensive coaches and I think teams should be built on tactical defensive solidity before anything else. Working hard off the ball, making the right defensive choices at the right time (when to press, when to drop off and be compact), who to pick up, great communication, taking responsibility etc.

I think he's an ok 'with the ball coach'*, but like the other two, isn't a great 'without the ball coach'. I also think none of them are great managers (in terms of managing people) which is the hardest part of the job and can't really be taught - it takes big presence and an almost crazy intensity and drive that Pep, Klopp, Conte and Tuchel have.

I thought Newcastle played with great intensity tonight and really didn't take their foot off the gas and Arse couldn't live with it. I'm glad we didn't have to play them.

*I'm not convinced Pep is a great without the ball manager either outside of the press, but he has fantastic players who keep possession so well that they rarely get exposed. We've beaten them too many times when they had the superior team and he never seems to learn from it.

I would say, based purely on his Swansea and Liverpool second season side, Rodgers possibly has a bit more about him than Howe and Arteta, but I don't think any of them are even particularly good "with the ball" coaches, just coaches who want their teams to be "good on the ball" but aren't sure how to coach it into an endemic identity.(And some think he inherited a Swansea already drilled into that ethos, I'm not so sure as they were in thei2nd season with him when promoted and doing it in the PL).

It's one thing to be a decent "with the ball" coach, but struggle with the back door stuff - people like AVB or recently Bosz come to mind - but I'm not sure Rodgers, Arteta and Howe are any good at either really - and that's why their teams rarely play consistent 90 minutes, control 90 minutes, and are invariably streaky teams.

From what I've read, Howe is actually quite a good man manager, I've certainly read a few of his players talk highly of him and how he prepares them. But I get the impression he's maybe a bit too nice?

I actually think Pep is one of the best defensive coaches. He just does it in a completely different way to most, by dominating ball, obviously, and by generally stopping attacks about 50 yards higher than other coaches. He makes it incredibly hard for teams to construct regular patterns against his team. The defensive records of his teams is generally phenomenal, no? And I don't think this City side is better than Liverpool man for man either, especially defensively.

I would say, based purely on his Swansea and Liverpool second season side, Rodgers possibly has a bit more about him than Howe and Arteta, but I don't think any of them are even particularly good "with the ball" coaches, just coaches who want their teams to be "good on the ball" but aren't sure how to coach it into an endemic identity.(And some think he inherited a Swansea already drilled into that ethos, I'm not so sure as they were in thei2nd season with him when promoted and doing it in the PL).

It's one thing to be a decent "with the ball" coach, but struggle with the back door stuff - people like AVB or recently Bosz come to mind - but I'm not sure Rodgers, Arteta and Howe are any good at either really - and that's why their teams rarely play consistent 90 minutes, control 90 minutes, and are invariably streaky teams.

From what I've read, Howe is actually quite a good man manager, I've certainly read a few of his players talk highly of him and how he prepares them. But I get the impression he's maybe a bit too nice?

I actually think Pep is one of the best defensive coaches. He just does it in a completely different way to most, by dominating ball, obviously, and by generally stopping attacks about 50 yards higher than other coaches. He makes it incredibly hard for teams to construct regular patterns against his team. The defensive records of his teams is generally phenomenal, no? And I don't think this City side is better than Liverpool man for man either, especially defensively.
Yes agree with most of that but Pep has access to top drawer players that allow him to coach his keep the ball philosophy as well as being able to splash the cash on top drawer defenders too. He's pretty much completely overhauled the defense he inherited and added top class centre halves especially, as well as a top footballing keeper. Without them he finished third in his first season even with the top players he inherited and he spent a lot of money replacing most of his back 4.

Klopp is probably in the same boat, without VVD and Allison they were a top 4 team only and both sides still struggle against good sides who can park the bus and hit on the break (like us).

I think their brilliance lies in their ability to manage these top drawer players and instill and maintain the work ethic from them, alongside their ability to coach a winning style of football.

Agree that Howe is probably too nice and him and the other two are not great coaches but I was impressed with the intensity they played at tonight with, let's be honest, not great players. He's done much better than expected since he's come in, but I agree that once their ambitions grow, they'll want a better manager.

Out of interest, why do you think Pep wanted Grealish?

Yes agree with most of that but Pep has access to top drawer players that allow him to coach his keep the ball philosophy as well as being able to splash the cash on top drawer defenders too. He's pretty much completely overhauled the defense he inherited and added top class centre halves especially, as well as a top footballing keeper. Without them he finished third in his first season even with the top players he inherited and he spent a lot of money replacing most of his back 4.

Klopp is probably in the same boat, without VVD and Allison they were a top 4 team only and both sides still struggle against good sides who can park the bus and hit on the break (like us).

I think their brilliance lies in their ability to manage these top drawer players and instill and maintain the work ethic from them, alongside their ability to coach a winning style of football.

Agree that Howe is probably too nice and him and the other two are not great coaches but I was impressed with the intensity they played at tonight with, let's be honest, not great players. He's done much better than expected since he's come in, but I agree that once their ambitions grow, they'll want a better manager.

Out of interest, why do you think Pep wanted Grealish?

I honestly do not think this current City side individually is as good as Liverpool's and I really don't think he's got any CB's anywhere near as good as VVD or Matip, and he's been playing without a LB all season. I think Dias was and is massively over rated.

I don't think Guardiola is necessarily a great man manager - I could be wrong - I think his strength is coaching - and coaching a specific, obsessive methodology.

Klopp is probably a better man manager, who's also a bloody great coach too. I also think he's had two jobs which have serendipitously benefitted from outstandingly smart recruitment (Dortmund/Liverpool) this Liverpool recruitment apparatus under Edwards over the last 5-6 years is possibly the best recruitment run I've seen any team have ever. Hit after fucking hit. Unbelievable value.

I really don't know if Guardiola wanted Grealish (or Mahrez, or Rodri etc) but I can't imagine Txiki Begiristain brings anyone in without Guardiola's nod, so I would imagine Guardiola either did want Grealish or at least was happy for him to come. But I don't think his/Begiristain's judgement is always sound and I don't think their recruitment has been close to Liverpool's.

Last edited:
I really don't know if Guardiola wanted Grealish (or Mahrez, or Rodri etc) but I can't imagine Txiki Begiristain brings anyone in without Guardiola's nod, so I would imagine Guardiola either did want Grealish or at least was happy for him to come. But I don't think his/Begiristain's judgement is always sound and I don't think their recruitment has been close to Liverpool's.
Given's Pep's multiple salty interviews since, I think he'd strongly preferred Kane over Grealish, if it was to be one or the other.

Apart from perhaps Benzema there's no striker that fit's Pep's vision of football IMO. He's basically KDB in striker form. The "I bet Kane wishes he could pass to himself" type of shit would become reality. His bulletproof penalties alone would earn City 4/5 more points per season.

HI Spurs fans. NUFC fan in peace. I had the pleasure of watching us beat but also nullify Woolwich tonight and I'm glad we've done you a favour.

I've never had much affinity when it comes to clubs down south but I always want you to get one over Woolwich. Mainly because I know this wanker who's an Woolwich fan who doesn't like me, for no other reason that he just doesn't like me. He said the only thing he hates more than me is Spurs.

So please, we've done our bit. Do yours and put Woolwich in the Europa League so I can laugh so much on Sunday.

Cheers. All the the best :)

شكرا لك على الفوز

Back
Top Bottom