Barcelona 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wasn't there a rebuild planned for Camp Nou? With a flash new roof etc. They probably have to put that on hold while they sort out their finances.
They had it up for a vote yesterday apparently to renovate the stadium and the surrounding area. Issue being that they would have to take out a loan that is almost as big as their current debt. It didn't pass the assembly.

According to Marca (Madrid based) the names in the frame are Xavi, Roberto Martínez, Antonio Conte and Phillip Cocu. Mundo Deportivo (Barcelona based) have the first two of these and say today will be decisive. Sport (also Barcelona based) reckon it's between Xavi, Antonio Conte and Pirlo
Xavi would be mad to take them now, he could pick when he joins so should wait until a bit of stability imo.

And remember who his uncle is. Do we know if rafa speaks mallorquin?

Ps. i think it’s perfectly acceptable to be proud of your regional heritage and of being spanish. It wasn’t a problem for most of our history
Absolutely, we all define ourselves in ever-widening circles - family, neighbourhood/village, town/city, region, country, continent, as well as other possible factors like religion, politics, language etc. Nothing at all wrong with any of that as long as you neither exclude people or think yourself better than others.

Nothing at all wrong with Rafa supporting Madrid either, beyond his poor judgement.

But to say that Spain's greatest ever sportsman (probably, tho I guess you might make a case for Indurain or Ballesteros) is an agent of the "Enemy State", you've lost the plot massively.

I don't know if Rafa speaks Mallorquín, probably, he's got a gaff there.

Last edited:
According to Marca (Madrid based) the names in the frame are Xavi, Roberto Martínez, Antonio Conte and Phillip Cocu. Mundo Deportivo (Barcelona based) have the first two of these and say today will be decisive. Sport (also Barcelona based) reckon it's between Xavi, Antonio Conte and Pirlo
Random Philip Cocu sighting right there.

Absolutely we all define ourselves in ever-widening circles - family, neighbourhood/village, town/city, region, country, continent, as well as other possible factors like religion, politics, language etc. Nothing at all wrong with any of that as long as you neither exclude people or think yourself better than others.

Nothing at all wrong with Rafa supporting Madrid either, beyond his poor judgement.

But to say that Spain's greatest ever sportsman (probably, tho I guess you might make a case for Indurain or Ballesteros) is an agent of the "Enemy State", you've lost the plot massively.

I don't know if Rafa speaks Mallorquín, probably, he's got a gaff there.
Interestingly ballesteros was my neighbour in the early 90s and I named my puppy after him. My dog’s called sevy. Very nice and humble person he was

It's early steps. Do you expect this Barcelona to go against City, Liverpool or Bayern (at their day)? Of course not. But these are incredible early signs for them. Xavi has done a miracle in turning this season around.

Koeman is of course a prickly son of a gun. But considering how he has been treated by Laporta since Laporta took over I can understand it. Laporta has openly stated that Koeman is only there until they find "someone better", and has leaked private conversations between the two as well as Koeman's medical information.

Once he figured out his best formation he actually had Barca playing some nice football too.

But what a circus this is.

EDIT: Having watched a tactics video on it to make sure that I am not talking out of my ass, I actually think that the tweaks that Koeman did would suit us.

Someone send this to Nuno.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom