Bayer Leverkusen v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch better give them the hairdryer. That 2nd half was nowhere near good enough. We were very, very lucky.

Never seen us so sloppy.

Lloris, Wanyama and Rose only one's to really come out in the positive. Even they had heir moments.

Win both games at Wembley and we're through. Imperative.

Not sure I've ever seen such different halves. Total domination in the first session, followed by utter crap in the second. Did we just fall apart or did BL step up that much?

Thought we were SO unlucky in the first half not to net one. Texted my son that same thought. Then the lucked flipped sides in the second, dramatically. Hugo's save was skillful, but still very lucky.

Not sure I've ever seen such different halves. Total domination in the first session, followed by utter crap in the second. Did we just fall apart or did BL step up that much?

Thought we were SO unlucky in the first half not to net one. Texted my son that same thought. Then the lucked flipped sides in the second, dramatically. Hugo's save was skillful, but still very lucky.
Depends how far back you go. I can remember an FACup match re Man City when we were 3-0 up at half time and lost and a premiership match re Man Utd when again we were 3-0 up at half time and lost. Thankfully those days are behind us now

Leverkusen certainly not the mugs that some were expecting them to be......

Tottenham
Hanging on at times during the second half, but Tottenham did have the best chances before the break. More important than the method was the result, a 0-0 draw in Germany and only the fifth team in 40 to stop Leverkusen scoring at home in the Champions League. They had scored 14 in their previous five games.

Couple that with Monaco’s draw in CSKA Moscow and you have a very pleasing night for those in white. Beat Leverkusen at home in a fortnight’s time and Tottenham will have one foot in the last 16.

I was right next to that pointless fence that made half the stand restricted view - it had Spurs fans on both sides of it, and the most relaxed load of police I've seen.....they just sat there taking selfies all game

Everyone had to stand on their seats to see over the fence, which makes a mockery of 'safe standing' - almost a blessing we didn't score as there would have been a few twisted ankles at least.

Well as someone who lived in Germany ultras skins are all most overwhelmingly NPD nazi cunts (I know it's not like that in the UK categorically)

I lived in Germany between 2002 and 2010 and since 2015 again, and can tell you that while there certainly are skinheads that are far right, what you say above is wrong - and yes, I can say that categorically.

There are a lot of neo-nazi scum, but you are wrong to suggest that being skinhead means being far right/neo nazi in Germany.

Back
Top Bottom